diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

I would not use the wayback machine as a source of record - especially one for a CN based website.That one article is one of many references that I came across mentioning 2017. Plus my own research started in 2019 in trying to purchase and import a Sunsynk 8kw.
So your Saying the Wayback Machine Selectively decided to have no record of it in Nov 2019 or before yet had the GTIL listed then selectively decided to show the 8K as a new Product in Dec 2019? Also Sunsync had no Website until June 2020, before that it was just a place holder. While on the Flip Side Sol-Arks Website lines up perfectly with the Sol-Ark 8K being introduced in early 2018.

I use the Wayback machine for a lot of my work and it either has the website or it does not. It is not selective, the only thing it will not scrape is larger picture files and PDF files but the HTML Text is never censored or incomplete.

My gosh folks,

Is all you have time to do is to get on forums and argue??
Who cares about any of this nonsense?
Don't like Sol-ark, their prices, marketing etc, then buy something else and be done with it.
Full disclosure, I bought a 12K model because it does want I want, need it to do and also for the customer support, warranty and because I didn't want a whole crap load of boxes on my wall.
If I wanted to save money then I certainly could have done so by buying cheaper systems, used panels, throw them on the ground and call it a day, but that's not how I roll.
Me thinks that people here with axes to grind one way or the other have some hidden agendas going on!
Sorry that this nonsense comes up. I agree with you, I also bought a 12K because there is nothing better suited for my needs out there and I am not going to whine about the price like some people.
As a design engineer who has also had his work stolen by the Chinese I really get pissed off when people come up with these crazy ideas that China is busily designing leading edge tech when I know their whole tech industry is designed around copying or stealing other companies technology. They are builders not designers and if you meet any on their leading engineers that becomes obvious very quickly. These same Engineers will also tell you that management is not interested in wasting years doing R&D on a product. R&D does not make money, it just wastes money in their opinion.

So your Saying the Wayback Machine Selectively decided to have no record of it in Nov 2019 or before yet had the GTIL listed then selectively decided to show the 8K as a new Product in Dec 2019? Also Sunsync had no Website until June 2020, before that it was just a place holder. While on the Flip Side Sol-Arks Website lines up perfectly with the Sol-Ark 8K being introduced in early 2018.

I use the Wayback machine for a lot of my work and it either has the website or it does not. It is not selective, the only thing it will not scrape is larger picture files and PDF files but the HTML Text is never censored or incomplete.

So as mentioned before in this thread and others I went down this rabbit hole in 2018/19 trying to import a SunSync 8k from South Africa, no luck and ended up purchasing one of the 1st SolArk 12k batches, blue board. So i have, fuzzy and all, a fair bit of history trying to import the 8kw, either the sunsynk or deye.

Since you brought up Sunsynk there parent company is Global Tech China listed at - https://www.globaltechchina.com/ AND https://www.globaltech-china.com/

If you do Wayback for the 1st url you are right it only goes back to 2020.. but the 2nd url goes back to 2011.

Again a quick check and you will see that they have their Sunsynk 8kw listed in 2018 (may or maynot be the 1st entry that you can 'see' from the cached pages but that is the limit of the wayback machine)

You can do the same research with the correct DEYE url if you want and see an entry for 2017

but i have spent too much time rehashing what i research 3+ years ago.

So as mentioned before in this thread and others I went down this rabbit hole in 2018/19 trying to import a SunSync 8k from South Africa, no luck and ended up purchasing one of the 1st SolArk 12k batches, blue board. So i have, fuzzy and all, a fair bit of history trying to import the 8kw, either the sunsynk or deye.

Since you brought up Sunsynk there parent company is Global Tech China listed at - https://www.globaltechchina.com/ AND https://www.globaltech-china.com/

If you do Wayback for the 1st url you are right it only goes back to 2020.. but the 2nd url goes back to 2011.

Again a quick check and you will see that they have their Sunsynk 8kw listed in 2018 (may or maynot be the 1st entry that you can 'see' from the cached pages but that is the limit of the wayback machine)

You can do the same research with the correct DEYE url if you want and see an entry for 2017

but i have spent too much time rehashing what i research 3+ years ago.
I am not sure what I am supposed to be seeing.
I went through half of the links in the 2nd URL from 2011-2019 and all I saw was three models of some kind of basic battery Inverter with the largest being a 600 Watt unit. The first URl in the 2020 link that I looked at shows a Sol-Ark 8K without any name plate on it. It is a write up of the same video Keith from Sunsynk made in 2020 where he talks about this wonderful 8K Inverter but does not mention where it comes from or who makes it and the label is removed.

An I missing something like maybe a specific date in the Wayback that is before Feb 2018 when Sol-Ark released it's first 8K Inverter?

I, for one, care very much whether a product commands a triple price because of the cost of R&D invested in it or it's a rebranded Chinese inverter. So, no, it's not nonsense.
Who had the first mouse trap is not the issue. If you go to home depot to buy a mouse trap, and see 2 the same, but one brand is $2, and one is $8 which one are you going to buy? It's great that Sol-Ark is a veteran based company. That doesn't give them any rights to try to stop other veterans, and citizens in general from saving money instead of paying 3 times the price for a product that for the most part is the same as other brand names. I could see an extra 15 to 20% for their firmware, and customer service. It doesn't take 3 times the price to pay for 30 people in customer service.

I think the bright light of Sol-Ark will dim rather rapidly, as more comparable products come to market, and they will. Unless of course they get off their high horse and open their eyes. Maybe the Sol-Ark game plan is to sell as many as they can, for as much as they can, for as long as they can, then go to plan B.

Robby, you don't have to defend your purchase of Sol-Ark. They are great units. Many who can afford will pay, many who can afford won't pay, because they are more frugal. Those who can't afford will always look for the best within their budget.

This debate reminds me of plasma TVs. When they first came out a 42" was above $4k USD. I like plasma and bought a 50" Panasonic once they got realistic in price. My cost $800 Canadian, $620 USD. I just bought a cordless drill to replace my old one. Twice the drill half the price. Inverters and other solar related products may not drop as dramatically, but solar must come down to become acceptable to the masses. Once this AOC driven Biden inflation is done with, maybe reality will sink in for Sol-Ark, and a few others. Up here Trudeau is the same print money and increase taxes. Inflation will solve everything, unless of course you are trying to pay off a mortgage, or simply put food on the table. Sounds like more hungry homeless to me.

I wanted Sol-Ark, but wouldn't pay the price.

PV input current 12a hmm. It doesn't matter who makes it. If you have any distance to run from panels to inverter you can't parallel any strings. More cable!
Low current is the goal.
Smaller wire, with higher voltage.
500v x 12a = 6kw

I am also ready to buy a roughly 8K HF LV split-phase hybrid inverter with CT's now, like yesterday!

I've contacted Megarevo and their pricing is certainly reasonable, although the shipping is pretty ridiculous IMO ($580/$650 to CT depending on the carrier). They now have UL cert (through SGS). It sounds like some early users are seeing occasional bugs and not all features have been activated. The owner's manual is also unclear about what some features do. They have yet to release any firmware updates that I know of, they claim one is coming later this month and that it will enable some additional features too. I'm sure they will get the software sorted, but I still have no idea if the hardware is 100% as I know little about the brand or if some of the hardware in these new LV units is new/unproven compared to their existing HV line. Another concern is BMS compatibility.

I have reached out to Huayu for info on their new NA market 8k or 10k LV units, but I have yet to hear anything from them. Specs look good based on looking at their similar HV models. Availability, price, quality, exact features/specs, and UL cert is all ??? I still have many of the same concerns as I do with the new Megarevo inverters since this is another new product for Huayu.

Deye/GSL is my other real option. Proven, sorted and UL cert (again through SGS), but significantly more expensive than the above. Some availability issues, although they are out there. For me the Megarevo specs are a better all around given the slight larger capacity, the 4 MPPT, and having a wider MPPT range... not a MUST, but it certainly fits my panel locations and specs better. I can make the Deye work, but I have to make system compromises, and pay a good bit more for it.

I've waited 6 months to order the inverter hoping one of the new players with better MPPT options would plan out, and be at a lower price point compared to the proven Deye. I've had my panels sitting and my batteries (DIY) will be here early next week. Realistically I can wait another month or two if I must, but after all this waiting, well lets just say I'm ready to get going!

Deye is a good choice. I think.
They certainly seem to be well proven and likely a great option IF the product is available in your market. Sadly that's not the case for the NA market, hopefully this changes at some point in the not too distant future.

I have a friend in the UK. But, I'd rather not have to ask for their assistance in the purchase. Hopefully, a better option will be found.

I'm sure you can work with a freight forwarder or still find Deye split phase models in other areas (such as the Caribbean), but I personally didn't want to deal with all of this. Not to mention the lack of CS/TS, or even parts availability/repair work in the event I needed it is still a major concern for me with all of the Chinese inverters. Then add in all the financial and shipping fees before it gets to your door, and that initial perceived "good value" starts to look less attractive compared to just shopping for a decent price on a SA which doesn't have any of those risks. JMHO...

Back