diy solar

diy solar

DIY 230Ah EVE Mobile Battery (aka) EZGO Golf Cart

@raurre

Finally made a vid of my build. was a long time in the making and some big hurdles to get a video mashed together. Thanks for the words, it was a lot easier than i thought, and WAY BETTER!!!

In hindsight, i wish i had done 2 36v or wired a 48 volt battery together inside the 72v, so i had the option to run a hybrid inverter, im sitting on like 3kw of energy :( maybe another day i can redo the wiring

Built my own LiFePo battery for my golf cart 230AH!!!
Really nice build. I watched and liked your video, it is much more entertaining than mine.

This is a great looking project; my compliments.

A few questions:
1) what battery gauge did you use, and how does it get its state-of-charge data?
2) I don’t see any fuses or breakers; is there one somewhere?
3) What did you use for 12-volt accessories, lights, etc? A 48-12 volt converter?

I use the bms for state of charge. I have a dc to dc converter for the 12v components and no fuses or breaker because I'm an idiot who somehow never thought about this until now.

I use the bms for state of charge. I have a dc to dc converter for the 12v components and no fuses or breaker because I'm an idiot who somehow never thought about this until now.
Lol, just please don’t burn down that beautiful shop. I would weep.

Do you have a dashboard battery gauge? If so, is it a wired connection to the bms? Or do you just use Bluetooth? I’ve got a couple of club cars that I’m gonna convert to lifepo4 (probably using those JDB bms) and would love to get a list of parts that you used. Hell, we’re practically neighbors; maybe I should scoot up there and learn a thing or two from you.

I use the Bluetooth for soc. In reality I almost never check it. I only look to see how the batteries cells are balanced every once and a while. Most of the time it is connected to the system and is ready to go farther than you are.20240411_143044.jpg

Back