diy solar

diy solar

Dongguan Lighting: Purchase 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Yes, it would be my first choice. I already used a M10 fine pitch recoil kit twice in aluminium (because some people can't start threading glowplugs by hand apparently...) and I was very happy with the result. NB: aluminium = plenty of oil or WD40 when you drill and tap ;)

Yeah, we use lots of threaded inserts in aerospace. I prefer solid inserts, but they are larger OD. Someone needs to cut one of these cells apart and measure the terminal boss dimensions. That would let me work out the max safe size. When threading soft aluminum it can help to use 75% depth screws, but they can be harder to find than 65% depth.

Is this company Dongguan "lighting" or Dongguan "Lightning"?
I can not find a Dongguan Lighting on Alibaba.

Hello to all, I purchase at the beginning of this week, 16 prismatics cells 3,2V / 280Ah on supplier Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. .
Supplier contact is Hayley Miu and she has given to me the better price from the 13 supplier I sent a quote for a DDP delivery with custom clearance.
Product link : https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...41.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.38403e5feYXain
Cells have been tested and sent 2 days after order payment.
For the moment (waiting for delivery and cells assembly), very good supplier contact and better price I found on Alibaba, highly recommended supplier.

Attachments

• 8AF658F249C7FC84C311BAE8A6593AAA.jpg
    8AF658F249C7FC84C311BAE8A6593AAA.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 31
Hello to all, I purchase at the beginning of this week, 16 prismatics cells 3,2V / 280Ah on supplier Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. .
Supplier contact is Hayley Miu and she has given to me the better price from the 13 supplier I sent a quote for a DDP delivery with custom clearance.
Product link : https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...41.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.38403e5feYXain
For the moment (waiting for delivery and cells assembly), very good supplier contact and better price I found on Alibaba, highly recommended supplier.

What was the total cost and DDP to where?

Thanks

Thanks.....I assume that was the case but I am talking to someone from Dongguan Lightening with a different name than the one you mentioned, so wanted to be sure it was the same company.

Hello Michael B Caro, the supplier I order the cells is the following : called " Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. ", below the supplier informations on Alibaba

Hi

Did the cells arrive? Package and cells not damaged ? Cell quality ? How many days was the delivery ?
I want to order the same pack from the EU too.
Was there any other cost, TAX or Duty ?

Thanks

Hello mrzed0001,

Cells not yet arrived, more than 1 month for transport company to put the cells on the train in China to France, now cells are waiting for custom clearance. Order 16 cells 280Ah. Total price is for DDP delivery, ni additional taxes, cells delivered to my home door n'y UPS. If I remove 1 month due to waiting for train, order on 23 July, hope for delivery this week, so almost 1 complete month for delivery so quite good.

Thanks for all the info :)
When it arrives can you post about its condition?
Really looking forward to order it

My Experience for 20 cells

Cost a tad over $110 delivered to California USA -including DDP including Credit Card 2.9% added fee
The shipping method required no action on my part other than patience, lots and lots of patience!

Donguan chose a shipping agent that arranged everything for a price-that was included in the quote/amount charged on the trade agreement.
Purchased July 6 2020 by credit card
That was an experience as I kept getting rejected.
I would call my Costco Visa and they Kept clearing the card to post payment but Ali kept rejecting it until I UNCHECKED the keep credit card on file then it went through.
I think it was also a Tuesday Afternoon with Fine weather and I was sitting in a brown chair rocking 20 times a minute and using a Windows 10 laptop while looking at TV when it finally went through so be sure to do all those things when you use your credit card.

Battery Test Video Posted July 8, 2020
FEDEx Tracking Received (Shipped?) July 13, 2020
This had a master tracking number and four sub tracking numbers.

Using the chinese tracking number it showed
US Los Angeles Port August 4, 2020
Custom Clearance August 7, 2020
Delivered to FedEx Warehouse August 13, 2020
Fed Ex Warehouse Full-waiting for Scan August 13, 2020 (WTF?)

Picked up August 24, 2020
Picked up August 24, 2020
Picked up August 25, 2020
Picked up August 25, 2020
Thats 21 days sitting in Los Angeles

Delivered August 26, 2020
Delivered August 27, 2020
Delivered August 27, 2020
Delivered August 30, 2020

I had 5 boxes of four batteries
They were shipped by FEDEx as FOUR different shipments as they were received by FedEx warehouse.
On August 27 I had two different deliveries in one day-one via Tracy Hub to San Leandro-then to home....... and one via Sacramento Hub directly to home.

Batteries were very well packed with lots of foam.
Not sure if the plastic box corners they added helped as half were torn off/missing
No damage at all on batteries even though two boxes had crushed corners, one box was torn, all showed some crumpling due to weight (50 pounds per box).
Packaging with all that extra foam and extra large boxes must cost them a fortune but it worked!

I have no complaints but one concern.
There chosen shipper method gave FedEx FOUR opportunities to screw up my order instead of just one (increased risk)
This included The August 30 delivery that went back and forth between Tracy and San Leandro TWICE (by tracking) before it was delivered.
I was concerned that the last box may have been lost/stolen/damaged by FedEx but it did eventually showed up.

Batteries were near full (97%?) so top balancing went quickly.
Tested four Batteries -spec'd at 283-287AH at full voltage range test.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
-Satisfied
-Would buy from again

CAUTIONS:
-It takes like forever to receive and the odd FEDEx multiple deliveries added unnecessarily to the excitement.

There chosen shipper method gave FedEx FOUR opportunities to screw up my order instead of just one (increased risk)

If I understand your statement, I think there would be an increased risk if using the same tracking number on multiple boxes. If one of the boxes was lost I would think it would be very difficult if not impossible to track down.

-It takes like forever to receive and the odd FEDEx multiple deliveries added unnecessarily to the excitement.

These are heavy batteries. You put 4 in a box and you're already at almost 50 lbs. There are issues with really heavy boxes and shipping... higher rate of damage, "overweight" shipping premiums, OSHA/union rules about what their workers are expected to handle, etc.

My four batteries came in two boxes of 2 batteries each, separated by several days. I had already waited a month at that point... a few more days wasn't a big deal.

If I understand your statement, I think there would be an increased risk if using the same tracking number on multiple boxes. If one of the boxes was lost I would think it would be very difficult if not impossible to track down.

No,

You missed it then!

All arrived on the same slow boat from China to LA Port of Entry.
But FEDEx decided to send them from LA in FOUR DIFFERENT FEDEx Deliveries.
One went by a completely different route to Sacramento First.
One Truck and Driver-one opportunity to mess things up
Four Trucks and Four Drivers-Four opportunities to mess things up.
From Tracking that's what happened as one of my boxes was lost for a couple days as it went back and forth to San Leandro and Back to Tracy and Back to San Leandro and Back to Tracy then Finally to San Leandro to my home.

One of the Deliveries had two of the boxes.
No reason why it should not have had all Five.
FEDEx is really messed up right now because this costs them all that extra time and money in travel/mileage/truck wear/driver salary to do it this way.
They ungrouped them at the FEDEx warehouse then put them on different trucks one at a time instead of all at once.
Also never seen the Fed Ex Warehouse Full-waiting for Scan 11 day delay before.
Must be all the Chinamart buying Americans getting ready for Rona Reloaded Part II overtaxing the system they have.

Ok thanks for explaining. Yes that is messed up...lol. Glad you did get them though.

Back