diy solar

diy solar

EAsun MLV 3KW-U hybrid off grid solar inverter 1st week review and updated for 1 year of usage.

it seems to me that AIO will simply cut off the excess and take only 1600 watts, but in a pinch I have two mppt srne ml2440 40 amps

if I decide to try, I will tell you whether it worked or not, but it will not be until mid-summer

it seems to me that AIO will simply cut off the excess and take only 1600 watts, but in a pinch I have two mppt srne ml2440 40 amps

if I decide to try, I will tell you whether it worked or not, but it will not be until mid-summer
Excess is simply not generated. Since panels only produce when they are loaded. But what can happen is the amount of time the MPPT is running at full output increases and for these cheap AIO's that is not a good thing.

ETA: Yay grid power is back! Only out for 31 hours. Was very instructive on using the EAsun inverter when the chips were down. I also ran a few heavy items such as a 1500w induction hot plate, 900w microwave (not simultaneously) and my normal 2 freezers and computer setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: mib
The good weather is coming and the production is getting good. And I now notice some strange things... During solar production, every 30min I notice a freeze of the SCC MPPT. During this moment, the PV icon flashes, it lasts almost 2 minutes then production starts again...

Can you tell me if you notice the same thing at home ?

08_PVPow - SCC MPPT freeze every 30 min.png

I don't see anything in the manual about the flash of the PV icon...

08_PVicon flash 1.png

08_PVicon flash 2.png

SCC MPPT heatsink temperature is low...
No error code appears on the screen...

08_PV radiator temp.png

Last edited:
Never had that happen. Rather odd that it only turns off the PV icon but not the line going from it to the MPPT charger.

It seems that at this time, the PV voltage goes very high and then goes down.

Strange, why do that? It is a 120 to 450 VDC MPPT.

Capture d’écran du 2023-02-07 23-22-55.png

The PV voltage would rise if the MPPT stopped loading the panels. Basically up to Voc. Once the MPPT started up again it would drop the voltage while it found the maximum power point. Why your unit does this on a 30 minute time interval I do not know.

Doing some manual reading and thinking I have a question Sleeper85, What do you have set for Battery Boost charge time?

I left the default setting at 120 minutes.
Then that's not it. Sorry but I can not come up with any other thing that could create a 30 minute cycle like you are having since the only two things that have timing involved are the Boost time and Equalization time and you are using lithium batteries so the latter does not apply.

Thank you for your analysis ;)

I think having a contact with an SRNE engineer would be useful, asking for info at EAsun I think it's useless...
I can't find much on the Internet but there is still a little more infos and people with EAsun or SRNE AIOs than last year.

I would also like to have access to more technical information and why not a new firmware ? :rolleyes:

Completely off topic but during my research I came across this, if you want to connect to your AIO (EAsun SMX / MLV ? or SRNE) with modbus.
In the second link useful information about the protocol used by SRNE.

Edit : I just emailed EAsun support, wait and see.

Last edited:
Checking my settings, I see that setting 37 is at 54v and I can't increase it.
1675897857491.png

06/02 at 12:40 the voltage reaches 54v
06/02 at 12:51 first time I see this problem

The other times I was slightly below 54v but I don't know the SoC at that time.
We are talking about the SoC estimated by the inverter (not that of the BMS...).

I will reconfigure the battery in LiFePO4 L16 mode (instead of USE) and see if it possible to increase this parameter 37...

Last edited:
Configuring the battery in L16 mode with the following parameters. Results tomorrow night...
1675928772576.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately that doesn't change anything and the problem is still there...

There are surely some things that are programmed like this in the MPPT algorithm, is this normal? no ideas ... if I have more infos I'll let you know.

It's thanks to Solar Assistant (data every 10sec) that I can see that. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen it because I don't stay in front of my AIO screen. Maybe it happens to you too but you've never seen it.

1675950843849.png

I observe my unit quite a bit and am fairly confident that I do not have the same symptoms that you have of the flashing off PV icon and 30 minute cycle. But my unit is a different model than yours.

I note that you said in a different thread that your unit does not charge from PV with the power switch off whereas mine does. So there are some major areas that these models differ in.

Last edited:
I note that you said in a different thread that your unit does not charge from PV with the power switch off whereas mine does. So there are some major areas that these models differ in.

Indeed if your SCC charges when the switch is OFF, they are very different. You're in luck.

A few weeks back I did a full test of my model of AIO charging with the power switch off with my spare AIO. It was hooked up to 2-195w panels in series and charging 2S 12v 100ah SLA batteries. I had discharged the batteries down to about 50% so I could get a good check. On a sunny day the inverter began charging to the batteries once the sun came up, reached as high as 380w, and than before the end of day ceased charging with batteries indicated a full charge.

3000w 24v. HF2430U60-100.

I think you have the same AIO as @Mattb4 which is sold as an EAsun.

I wonder now if you have the same firmware? Is there a firmware for SRNE and another for EAsun?

Can you post your firmware and boot loader versions?

Thanks

My software APP is 5.17 the bootloader is 1.07

Just to try out taking pictures from my phone and bringing into computer I took this shot of the Control screen from the EAsun with battery fully charged. You will note that the line from PV is off as well as the MPPT icon. Battery charged.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have the same AIO as @Mattb4 which is sold as an EAsun.

I wonder now if you have the same firmware? Is there a firmware for SRNE and another for EAsun?

Can you post your firmware and boot loader versions?

Thanks
5.17 and 1.07 firmware. There is a YouTube video to update firmware with an email to a person with srne email address about obtaining firmware

Back