diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro Discussion

feverdog

Does anyone else have one of these?

I'm new to solar, but so far I'm pretty happy with this. My two big complaints.........the documentation is very inadequate. I was expecting a pretty comprehensive manual, but all I got was about 8 pages of usable content. Only some of the features are explained so a lot of guessing so far.

The other I problem I have is: Sometime after the charging drops below the threshold of 40W (not explained in the manual), charging shuts off. At some point after that, a clicking starts. I have found that the clicking stops when I unplug my solar input cable.
It seems as though as long as there is a load present or cycling (my fridge) it doesn't seem to do it.

So far this is the response I got from the Tech line:

I have confirmed with the our technical team about the clicking sound in the video for you, it is due to there was not an actual solar input indoors to the unit, but the unit would recognize a connection so this case happened. If you tested the solar charge outdoors, this case and sound would not happen.

Not impressed with tech support so far.

My Delta Pro arrived today. I can confirm that the RV socket polarity is correct. (Line and neutral were swapped on early units.) The only issue so far is that the 15 A circuit in my garage is inadequate so I have to AC charge at a reduced rate. I don't have solar panels so I can't check for the original poster's problem.

Tech support has finally proclaimed this is normal behavior.

Sorry for the late response.
The minimum DC input for the Delta Pro is 40W, so if the input is under 40W then the unit would not recognize this input so it shows zero input, but since you try to plug the panel to the it, the unit would recognize a connection so the switch inside would keep turned on and off then the clicking sound happens. This is a normal case. Please do not worry about it.

My Delta Pro arrived today. I can confirm that the RV socket polarity is correct. (Line and neutral were swapped on early units.) The only issue so far is that the 15 A circuit in my garage is inadequate so I have to AC charge at a reduced rate. I don't have solar panels so I can't check for the original poster's problem.
Most garage outlets are wired with a 20A conductor, but 15A outlets installed. You may be able to upgrade the outlet for higher ampdraw if this is the case.

Most garage outlets are wired with a 20A conductor, but 15A outlets installed. You may be able to upgrade the outlet for higher ampdraw if this is the case.
I discovered that the breaker is 15 A when it popped after the Delta Pro had been charging for about 15 minutes. I reduced the charge rate to 1 kW and there was no problem after that.

P.S. The garage door opener is on a dedicated 20 A breaker with an outlet on the 9 ft. ceiling...

Last edited:
I discovered that the breaker is 15 A when it popped after the Delta Pro had been charging for about 15 minutes. I reduced the charge rate to 1 kW and there was no problem after that.

P.S. The garage door opener is on a dedicated 20 A breaker with an outlet on the 9 ft. ceiling...
You might want to check the conductor size on that 15A breaker. If #12, it can safely be upgraded to a 20A breaker.

Thanks @Supervstech! I'm thinking about electrical panel upgrades (generator inlet box, master breaker with interlock, EV charging socket) so I'll have that circuit upgraded at the same time if it can be done. I'll also be able to use the 240 V EV socket for even faster Delta Pro charging.

Delta Pro question... Does the "STANDBY" switch position need to be changed if I have "Never" selected in the application for both "Unit Timeout" and "AC Timeout"? The manual doesn't say anything about it, the only reference I found is here: https://ecoflow.com/blogs/product-guides/delta-pro-in-depth

EDIT: I found that changing the "STANDBY" switch position disables app control, which can help with preventing the unit from being turned on unintentionally when it's in storage.

Last edited:
I ran a capacity test in my expected hurricane back-up use case. I have a Delta Pro and one external battery for a total 7.2 kWh nominal capacity. I charged them to 100% and then ran my ~26 cubic foot double door Whirlpool refrigerator on the AC output until the batteries were depleted to 0%. I measured power delivered and elapsed time with a Poniie PN2000 Plug-in Kilowatt Electricity Usage Monitor. (I continued to use the refrigerator as I normally do. I also learned in the process that the refrigerator consumes ~130 W when the compressor is running and ~600 W when the defrost heater is on but I didn't track the duty cycles.)

Elapsed run time: 58 hours 12 minutes (Wow!)
Power delivered to the refrigerator: 4.84 kWh
Efficiency: 4.84 / 7.2 = 67.2%
Cumulative Self consumption: 7.2 - 4.84 = 2.46 kWh
Self Consumption: 2.46 kWh / 58.2 hours = 42.3 W (I left "X-Boost" enabled. Is there a setting that can reduce this number?)

I also attempted to measure the charging overhead from 0 to 100 % but found that the Delta Pro draws 30 ~ 35 W after reaching 100%. (I let the Delta Pro charge overnight at a 1 kW rate so I didn't catch when it reached 100%.)

Approximate power delivered to the Delta Pro and external battery: 9 kWh
Approximate charging efficiency: 7.2 / 9 = 80%
Approximate round trip efficiency in my capacity test: 4.84 / 9 = 50%

In an actual hurricane I'll be running a few more items (fans, lights, TV, etc.) so run time will be lower and self consumption will be less of a factor. The efficiency numbers may seem low but this setup should easily go the distance and get me through the worst part of a storm without having to charge. Overall I'm satisfied!

I am interested in seeing other capacity test results, please share in this thread.

I also attempted to measure the charging overhead from 0 to 100 % but found that the Delta Pro draws 30 ~ 35 W after reaching 100%. (I let the Delta Pro charge overnight at a 1 kW rate so I didn't catch when it reached 100%.)

Thanks for your test!

In the manual there's standby mode after a user defined no load time, did you check that? May be it reduces a lot the stanbby power use?

Also the manual says when used as UPS (like your use case) there is a 30 ms switch time which might not be fast enough to keep a PC running through the switch, did you test that with a PC ?

I am considering either a Delta Pro or AC200 MAX or AC300 for permanent/constant use in home, and back up as needed. Does the Delta Pro have any advantages over the Bluetti units?

Also, I have three strings of solar, 1000 watts each coming in the house. Could I hook up more than one of them without reconfiguring the panels? I have yet to see them produce much more than 100 volts per string.

Based on the documentation, AC300 has a much better UPS feature. That is, you can configure it to charge/discharge a a variety of situations.

I originally had an AC300 + 2 B300s, but due to their complete boneheaded B300 battery structural design, I got a Delta Pro.

Wow - what was wrong with the B300's?

On the Delta Pro, I was a little concerned about shipping with a single 100# unit, and being able to move it into place - how was that?

First batch of the B300 batteries had the internal batteries completely unrestrained inside. No plastic molding or straps to hold them in place. So normal shipping or even picking it up and tilting on the side caused the internal batteries to smash the PCB and cause lots of problems. My first battery didn’t even turn on when I received it. They’ve since fixed this but seems like a major design issue.

Delta Pro has a handle and wheels so it moves around like a heavy carryon bag. Bluetti is all man handle. Lots of people on the Facebook page get a cart.

@guerby I had the Delta Pro and the AC output set in the app to never go into standby. I unplugged the refrigerator (the Delta Pro's AC output was off) and then plugged the Delta Pro in for charging. I wasn't trying to check the EPS function as the Delta Pro was unplugged when it was powering the refrigerator.

@Marc4274 There was no shipping issue. The Pro and the extra battery are definitely super heavy but it's easy to move them around on clean flat surfaces with the pull-out handle and wheels.

Anyone find a generic storage cover that is a good fit? The one from EcoFlow is too elaborate to put on and take off and doesn't completely cover the unit.

I bought a 240V/15A 6-15P power cord, a 50' 6-20 extension cord to go with it, and an adapter to the L14-30S socket on my 7kW Honda inverter generator. With a 240V input the Delta Pro and external battery charged from 65% to 100% in 1 hour and 17 minutes. I had the charge rate set to 3kW but the most I saw was 2.89kW, perhaps because I started from 65%. The charge rate tapered back after an hour to about 1.8 kW and then dropped further a few minutes later to fluctuating values around 450W until charging was complete.

Extrapolating to charging from empty I estimate that it would take around 3 1/2 hours. If you're going to try this make sure that the 240V power cord you buy is thicc like the 120V cord that came with the unit. The one I bought is this one:

Does anyone else have one of these?

I'm new to solar, but so far I'm pretty happy with this. My two big complaints.........the documentation is very inadequate. I was expecting a pretty comprehensive manual, but all I got was about 8 pages of usable content. Only some of the features are explained so a lot of guessing so far.

The other I problem I have is: Sometime after the charging drops below the threshold of 40W (not explained in the manual), charging shuts off. At some point after that, a clicking starts. I have found that the clicking stops when I unplug my solar input cable.
It seems as though as long as there is a load present or cycling (my fridge) it doesn't seem to do it.

So far this is the response I got from the Tech line:

Not impressed with tech support so far.
I am new to solar and new to Ecoflow and I noticed the clicking this morning with the Ecoflow Delta pro. I've been using a single solar panel until this morning. Before sun up I connected two panels in series and about an hour later I heard the clicking. Base on the response you got from support, I should have heard the clicking in the dark with 1 panel. Why am I suddenly hearing it with 2 panels in series? Doesn't make sense to me. I'm going to contact them. BTW i am using LG 330Watt panels.

Back