diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Q+A general thread

It was a rhetorical question Mr. Stone. You too, 420 & Kenny. I see you.
Thing is, it came as a kit, a package deal. The wires too. Did someone not think hey, wtf are these ring terminals doing on both ends of these cables? These must be left-overs from some 6500's or something.
While I'm bitching about stuff, what's the deal with these short rs485 cables? I had to get creative as these things are too short, shorter than the battery cables and all their freakin ring terminals.
IMG_20231026_172029106.jpg

IMG_20231026_172037816.jpg

Thing is, it came as a kit, a package deal. The wires too. Did someone not think hey, wtf are these ring terminals doing on both ends of these cables? These must be left-overs from some 6500's or something.
While I'm bitching about stuff, what's the deal with these short rs485 cables? I had to get creative as these things are too short, shorter than the battery cables and all their freakin ring terminals.
View attachment 174339

View attachment 174340

It went right over my head. ?

I would guess they send those with any type of package deals. A universal cable. Better to have them and cut them off, than not have them and need them maybe. ??‍♂️As a side note, the crimps on the negative cables do not impress me.

View attachment 174339

View attachment 174340
Fits!

It went right over my head. ?

I would guess they send those with any type of package deals. A universal cable. Better to have them and cut them off, than not have them and need them maybe. ??‍♂️As a side note, the crimps on the negative cables do not impress me.
I did that. I tried to wiggle one off. I cut of the heat shrink and tired to pull one off.
I don't have much length to spare, so I might use my dremel & cut off wheel.

Who's lifepower4 battery came with a re-write cable? The manual gives 2 links to videos. Guy in the video says "the cable your batteries came with...". I've got 6 batteries but I do not have this cable. This is to view the sd card on the communication hub.

Has something changed and one no longer needs this cable for BMS test software?

Anyone have issues connecting the dongle to wifi? I have tried using my wifi network and a hotspot network. I enter my wifi ssid and password in. It reboots but the second light on the dongle keeps blinking and it never actually connects to my wifi. The inverter is working fine otherwise. Just can't get the app setup.

Anyone have issues connecting the dongle to wifi? I have tried using my wifi network and a hotspot network. I enter my wifi ssid and password in. It reboots but the second light on the dongle keeps blinking and it never actually connects to my wifi. The inverter is working fine otherwise. Just can't get the app setup.
Can you manually connect to the dongle wifi? Next connect to 10.10.10.1, try changing the wifi from there.

Can you manually connect to the dongle wifi? Next connect to 10.10.10.1, try changing the wifi from there.
Yeah I can connect there but it never sticks. I save and it reboots and nothing changes. The second light keeps blinking. It doesn't get a local IP address for my wifi or the hotspot I tried.

Yeah I can connect there but it never sticks. I save and it reboots and nothing changes. The second light keeps blinking. It doesn't get a local IP address for my wifi or the hotspot I tried.
Are you over the number of items that you router can support.
(I ask because this was my problem)

Screenshot_20231009_121714_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Shown with 38 active devices. My router was dropping devices and having issues connecting new devices. It never exceeded 38 active devices even though I have over 60 connected.
Screenshot_20231009_121846_Nighthawk.jpg

How far away is your inverter from the router?

My new router. Active devices

View attachment 174739
No not over my limit. Just looked up the number allowed and I am under it.
How far away is your inverter from the router?
About 20 feet. It can see the wireless network but just won't save. Any chance you can send a picture of your working settings from that 10.10.10.1 page? I reset the dongle in the dongle management page thinking that might help but it hasn't. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot with me!

No not over my limit. Just looked up the number allowed and I am under it.

About 20 feet. It can see the wireless network but just won't save. Any chance you can send a picture of your working settings from that 10.10.10.1 page? I reset the dongle in the dongle management page thinking that might help but it hasn't. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot with me!
Have you tried using the eg4 app to change the wifi?

Have you tried using the eg4 app to change the wifi?
Same thing. I connect to the local broadcast and it says it sent successfully sent the network settings but never actually changes it when I go back to to 10.10.10.1 page.

It did connect once to my wifi network for a bit yesterday but it never connected to the monitoring software. That's why I am wondering if one of my settings is off. Maybe the network setting page?

Same thing. I connect to the local broadcast and it says it sent successfully sent the network settings but never actually changes it when I go back to to 10.10.10.1 page.

It did connect once to my wifi network for a bit yesterday but it never connected to the monitoring software. That's why I am wondering if one of my settings is off. Maybe the network setting page?
Can you pull the wifi dongle from the inverter wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Can you login to your router and see if the dongle is connected? Which LED lights are connected?

I am having the exact same problem, want connect to Orbi or my Att Hotspot. SS said I needed a new Dongle. Only way I can connect is through Local Connect.

Can you pull the wifi dongle from the inverter wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Can you login to your router and see if the dongle is connected? Which LED lights are connected?
I can try again. Tried it yesterday.

It is not connected anymore to my router. On the dongle the first light is solid. The second cloud one blinks constantly.

I am having the exact same problem, want connect to Orbi or my Att Hotspot. SS said I needed a new Dongle. Only way I can connect is through Local Connect.
Thanks. Yeah I was kind of thinking this is defective. I reached out to support yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

For Local Connect, Click Wi-Fi BA31******, then log out of EG4 app, click local connect

diy solar

diy solar
Back