diy solar

diy solar

[EG4 + Schneider Conext] Help troubleshooting Alarm & Warnings Events

Mark, I appreciate you jumping in and trying to help.

I believe so. I actually believe I received the files from you a while ago and the Schneider correctly connects to the (3) EG4 packs and reads 300Ah under the Insight Home. See screenshots from the QT-BMS-Test program regarding the firmware:

View attachment 170695

Insight Home

Unintentionally yes. The instructions I had received from SS was to drain batteries to about ~20% to 30% then recharge them. The issue is that once they read 40% SOC they suddenly drop to 0% SOC shutting down my system. This has happened 3x already. I have not been able to get batteries to 20% SOC to start charging them.

I tried to get from SS the Schneider AGS setpoints to start the generator automatically at correct SOC and/or Voltages but I have not been able to get these settings from them.

What I need, from either you or SS:

1. Schneider 4048SW Charger Settings for topping off these batteries correctly
2. Schneider AGS Settings for turning on/off the generator for charging purposes

Please let me know your thoughts
Im going to have someone contact you I would like to get the historical files off your batteries to make sure something else isn't going on. Is that ok with you.

So with the most recent update to the insight home you should be able to select EG4 BMS and all the settings are preset for our battery at that point have you tried that?
I am not sure I completely follow you, please be more clear. The batteries are connected to the Schneider, no issues with that.

1696431545976.png

So what exactly are you asking me?

Im going to have someone contact you I would like to get the historical files off your batteries to make sure something else isn't going on. Is that ok with you.
Absolutely. Do you want my email or phone number, via PM?

@Markus_EG4 I am hitting a wall with Signature Solar troubleshooting my (3) EG4 packs: they are telling me that a +230mV cell difference is acceptable or even normal in these batteries but this “normal” discrepancy is causing issues on both ends of the battery capacity: on the top end my batteries are not charging fully and on the lower end batteries are cutting off on low voltage and turning my system down.

How else could this be resolved?

Here is goes @Markus_EG4 :

On the top end the batteries are not balanced with almost 300mV cell discrepancy, reducing drastically my overall battery capacity:

1696861553434.png

On the lower end, the batteries go from 40% SOC to 0% SOC + undervoltage alarm, shutting down my system. This is happening with a minimal 80W-110W load. I don't have a photo for this since the system shuts down and I need to recharge them from 0%.

I believe properly balancing them would take care of both issues. The problem is first determining the correct specs for these batteries (what is the normal mV diff for each pack?) and setting the correct Schneider parameters.

On the top end the batteries are not balanced with almost 300mV cell discrepancy, reducing drastically my overall battery capacity:

View attachment 171461

On the lower end, the batteries go from 40% SOC to 0% SOC + undervoltage alarm, shutting down my system. This is happening with a minimal 80W-110W load. I don't have a photo for this since the system shuts down and I need to recharge them from 0%.

I believe properly balancing them would take care of both issues. The problem is first determining the correct specs for these batteries (what is the normal mV diff for each pack?) and setting the correct Schneider parameters.
I'll go back and reread your previous post and edit this reply.

Edit. Can you take a screen shot of the bottom left corner of BMS Test. It shows the battery BMS firmware version.

See attached example with Ver 3.10

1696864857627.png

Last edited:

View attachment 171461

Are you using the EG4 lifepower selection for bms setup with the Schneider.

Plus it says you only have 6 cycles on your batteries. Deep cycles is what needs to be done to balance everything you are mentioning.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    664.2 KB · Views: 7
Are you using the EG4 lifepower selection for bms setup with the Schneider.

Plus it says you only have 6 cycles on your batteries. Deep cycles is what needs to be done to balance everything you are mentioning.
Markus,

I am running the 4048SW inverter NOT the XW, so these configuration settings do not appear on my end.

The EG4 BMS talks to the SW but it does not give these options, not currently under my firmware versions.

Please verify/confirm these settings would only be available if I were using the XW inverter.

Markus,

I am running the 4048SW inverter NOT the XW, so these configuration settings do not appear on my end.

The EG4 BMS talks to the SW but it does not give these options, not currently under my firmware versions.

Please verify/confirm these settings would only be available if I were using the XW inverter.
Are you using a Insight home or Facility?

Then you have these options if you update your insight home to the 1.8. Most recent firmware for it

Okay, I'll update my InsightHome. But what settings do you want me to add/change that will help me with the EG4s?

What exactly will I be looking for once I update Insight Home? Please clarify which settings you recommend I change?

Okay, I'll update my InsightHome. But what settings do you want me to add/change that will help me with the EG4s?

What exactly will I be looking for once I update Insight Home? Please clarify which settings you recommend I change?
This sets up all the battery info for you. For Lifepower 4

This sets up all the battery info for you. For Lifepower 4
Markus,

I am trying to correctly balance these batteries and for me to do that I need understand the following:

1. Desired mV Cell Diff from manufacturer: what is the target mV Diff for these packs?
2. Charger settings: what voltage/current you want to see charging these batteries?

I am not clear how just updating my InsightHome will solve or answer these questions.

Markus,

I am trying to correctly balance these batteries and for me to do that I need understand the following:

1. Desired mV Cell Diff from manufacturer: what is the target mV Diff for these packs?
2. Charger settings: what voltage/current you want to see charging these batteries?

I am not clear how just updating my InsightHome will solve or answer these questions.

Your screenshot shows you do NOT have the top balancing firmware for the Schenider gear. I've mentioned the battery firmware to you a couple times in this thread.

When you upgrade your insight home to 1.18b41, and your batteries to 3.30 (for schnieder), it'll start working to balance those batteries. (the firmware on the insight is optional IMO, but the battery firmware is needed)

Here are the firmwares:

*Edit* removed battery firmware link, as EG4 has updated their website, and accidentally linked to an old firmware. Don't use the one I linked previously

BMS Tools to install the battery firmware

It is my opinion that the battery firmware is far more important than the insight home firmware.

Once you've upgraded the battery firmware, it changes how the batteries handles top balancing. This is why I've mentioned it a couple of times now. Mine would never hit 100%, until this firmware.

That said, this battery firmware along with insight home 1.18b41 installed, allows the batteries and solar system to do closed loop communications. which, is better than open loop.

Last edited:
Here you go this is the correct file

Attachments

• Lifepower4 51.2V 100ah firmware-20231009T172941Z-001.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
Back