diy solar

diy solar

[EG4 + Schneider Conext] Help troubleshooting Alarm & Warnings Events

Okay, I'll update V3.32 and also update InsightHome and see how this affects my system.

Thank you.

As much as your cells are imbalanced man, I'd say get 100% of the load off of them, and let them charge, and stay fully charged until they look like they are completely balanced. then do a few deep discharge/charge to full cycles to re-train the BMS.

It'll likely take at least a day, possibly more.

I'd say get 100% of the load off of them, and let them charge, and stay fully charged until they look like they are completely balanced.
I don't fully understand what you mean: I tried doing exactly the above but they stop accepting charge after one of the cells go into OV alarm. So it is not just a matter of staying connected to the charger. I cannot force them to take more charge than the BMS accepts.

In any case, I am in the process of updating the firmware and i'll see how they behave and take charge moving forward.

I don't fully understand what you mean: I tried doing exactly the above but they stop accepting charge after one of the cells go into OV alarm. So it is not just a matter of staying connected to the charger. I cannot force them to take more charge than the BMS accepts.

In any case, I am in the process of updating the firmware and i'll see how they behave and take charge moving forward.
I'm not saying to keep charging them. Thats why i made the suggestion to raise the charge voltage in steps.

Raise it a bit, let them balance. As they balance, the cell that is causing an OV alarm, will stop alarming. Then you can raise the voltage a bit more, charge a bit more, and then when it's in OV alarm again, let them sit until they balance.

rinse / repeat. This is why I'm saying it'll be a long process.

It'll be a lot of "waiting until they balance"

I'm not saying to keep charging them. Thats why i made the suggestion to raise the charge voltage in steps.

Raise it a bit, let them balance. As they balance, the cell that is causing an OV alarm, will stop alarming. Then you can raise the voltage a bit more, charge a bit more, and then when it's in OV alarm again, let them sit until they balance.

rinse / repeat. This is why I'm saying it'll be a long process.

It'll be a lot of "waiting until they balance"
Sounds like he runs a generator during day to recharge and runs off battery at night.

He may be unable to "turn the system off" and balance the batteries.

Sounds like he runs a generator during day to recharge and runs off battery at night.

He may be unable to "turn the system off" and balance the batteries.
In that case, it's a slower process.

Disconnect a battery, and balance 1 battery at a time. rinse/repeat.

If the cells are able to charge up enough to allow balancing to start (which they certainly do, if they are hitting an overvoltage limit), they'd also balance over time with the newer firmware and normal use.
If that is the case, then nothing special needs to be done. Update firmwares, and let the batteries recharge each day, and the BMS will balance them out over time. Eventually correcting the issue just by daily charging/discharging them.

Either way, the new firmware will be a significant help in resolving this issue.

Last edited:
Then you have these options if you update your insight home to the 1.8. Most recent firmware for it

@Markus_EG4 I need some help. I've updated each EG4 to V3.32 and InsightHome to 1.8 as requested, however I still do not see the BMS Setup screen you referenced to in the photo below:
1697313269749.png

Under InsightHome Setup screen I do not see the "BMS Setup" option. Please see below:
Insight Setup.jpg

Here is my EG4 BMS Status page as shown in InsightHome, showing EG4 communication to InsightHome:

BMS Status.jpg

And here is the EG4 BMS Settings available in InsightHome, which a very limited:

BMS Settings.jpg

Under the SW Inverter Battery Settings I only see the following:
Battery Settings - Custom.jpg

Please advise where/how to find the BMS Setup settings.

Lastly, I tried changing battery type from "Custom" to "Li-Ion", to see if this would enable a BMS Setup Screen similar to the one you posted but changing this setting instantly throws a "Battery Discharge Over Current" Fault, turning off the inverter. Regardless of load. Even with no load. Here is the Fault screen:

Battery Discharge OC Alarm.jpg

And here is the Battery Type Li-Ion settings, which triggered the Overcurrent Fault:
Battery Settings - Li-Ion.jpg

Please clarify which battery type I should set the system to: "Custom" or "Li-Ion". If Li-Ion, please let me know how to achieve this without getting OC fault.

Thank you in advance,

Last edited:
This is the SOP for top balancing your batteries. Please follow this procedure.

This is the guide for setting up with Schneider.

Attachments

• Standard operating procedures for balancing EG4LL_Lifepower4 battery bank.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Set Up Guide for EG4 Batteries with Schneider Insight Home (1) (1).pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
This is the SOP for top balancing your batteries. Please follow this procedure.

This is the guide for setting up with Schneider.

@Markus_EG4

I was able to follow the "Setup Up Guide for EG4 with InsightHome" up to page #9, shown below:

1697464147778.png

Two issues trying to follow the guidelines:

1. when I change battery type to "Li-Ion", no "Charge Cycle" appears. So I am not able to continue the guideline instructions.
2. If I change to "Li-Ion" battery type and accept/save the settings, the inverter throws a "Battery Discharge Over Current" Fault, turning off the inverter. Regardless of load. Even with no load.

I need you to clarify the following:

- Is the guideline you shared the correct one for a SW4048 + EG4 LifePower?
- How to set the Battery type to Li-Ion per guidelines and not throw a inverter fault?

Thank you

What faults are you seeing exactly
Currently I do not see any faults UNLESS I try to change battery type from Custom to Li-Ion. If I do it, then I get a "Battery Discharge Over Current" Fault, turning off the inverter.

I do not have the inverter you have. So are you saying that you cant change any of your battery settings at all. Can you send me a screen shot of what you have access to?

Is there no advanced tab to click on when you go to your device. Like the inverter?

Attachments

• IMG_3628.png
    IMG_3628.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 7
Back