diy solar

diy solar

Eve 280ah resting Voltage

Even with short runs of 6mm² cable from load tester to batteries, the difference between what voltage it displays on the screen and that at the batteries is 0.3V, so I set the cutoff to 2.2V and that works too get my batteries down to 2.5V

That's pulling around 20amps
I did adjust my tester down until the cell voltage was 2.5V. And I charged the cell to 3.65V with a long absorb and I barely got over 280Ah.
It just seemed tight. I'm surprised they can make them that close.

I learned a lot from this forum. And there is still a lot more for me to learn. And I am learning a lot since I received my cells even though I am applying what I have learned from the forum...lol.
If I didn't apply what I learned here I wouldn't have been able to begin.

Is it hard on these cells to connect them parallel and charge them since they are really at different states of charge when they arrive?
It seems that actual state of charge would be more important than voltage (3.3V) when I start charging parallel.

Is it hard on these cells to connect them parallel and charge them since they are really at different states of charge when they arrive?
It seems that actual state of charge would be more important than voltage (3.3V) when I start charging parallel.

Voltage is all that matters when talking about parallel balance charging. If the cells have different SOCs, they will accept different amounts of current, but will all taper at nearly the same time.

That’s the beauty of parallel charging.

The cells that need more current draw it while the other cells basically wait for the laggard to catch up before they accept more energy.

With even a small load, the pack should come down to 3.35V very quickly. From there is the steady drop until you hit the lower knee.
My 8 cell pack with active balancing JK BMS and a Cerbo GX running (5w-8w draw) seems to settle to 26.6V with that small load. And that's after 28.4V 'absorption' for an hour. As measured by the Victron shunt.

diy solar

diy solar
Back