diy solar

diy solar

EVE battery manufacturing video

I bought 8 280K's grade A's from the 18650 store this month and all of them tested over 280AH. Four were 283-284AH and the other four were 281-282AH. All were tested at 40amps and I used a different tester than most on here though. They probably won't do 280AH in a year but at least I didn't get screwed right from the start from a China reseller peddling reject/relabled junk. I used a Junsi S6 ICharger with the DataExplorer software for logging. I had zero faith in the china EBC-A40L load tester plus I had more uses for the Junsi charger afterwards and you could almost buy two for the price of the knockoff EBC-A40L.

Do you have your result csv files or screenshots?
I bought 8 280K's grade A's from the 18650 store this month and all of them tested over 280AH. Four were 283-284AH and the other four were 281-282AH. All were tested at 40amps and I used a different tester than most on here though. They probably won't do 280AH in a year but at least I didn't get screwed right from the start from a China reseller peddling reject/relabled junk. I used a Junsi S6 ICharger with the DataExplorer software for logging. I had zero faith in the china EBC-A40L load tester plus I had more uses for the Junsi charger afterwards and you could almost buy two for the price of the knockoff EBC-A40L.

ZKE is a very reliable and accurate tester, many people are using it, all the people that have tested the 280K with it are below 280AH. Fogstar is selling the same grade A terminals as 18650battery with the same reports, Barely 280 and generally below it:

Mine were in the 276-278 range:

So curious to see your results, you would be first person I know of that is breaking 280.

In contrast grade B CATL 280s from Docan are well in the 295-300 territory.

I'm sure a real ZKE-40 is a nice tester but the majority of the ones being sold are fake knockoffs. Take a look on Ebay and you will see all the ones t sellers are trying to sell for parts, most of them likely came from Amazon returns. The units being sold for parts on ebay gave me a good reason to look elsewhere. If the I Charger is not perfect it still gives me a comparable for all the cells and some data for retesting down the road to check these ones again. I would trust a calibrated battery charger any day over a fake china knockoff, plus I can use it for my rc stuff.

Here are the files from the tester, a shortened/translated excel sheet with just my cells, and a download link for the program if you don't have it.
DataExplorer

Attachments

• Eve 280K test.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • Excel sheet.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 2
Here are some screen shots if you don't want to mess with downloading/installing the dataexplorer program.

Screenshot_20221227_083521.pngScreenshot_20221227_083450.pngScreenshot_20221227_083356.png

No, that's the voltage on the load leads there is voltage drop. See the green cell voltage info (cell voltage 1) I setup the balance leads for accurate cell voltage, it stopped at 2.501V

The main reason many of the cells we buy don’t hit the stated amps is because we are buying the cells that (for whatever reason) are not EV grade. If the cell totally meets spec EVE sells them directly and charges more.

Now many cell’s don’t quite hit that spec, amps are off 1% (280ah = 2.8 Ah) that’s 277ah cell, or any other reason - they get sold to local vendors at a cheaper price - or maybe there are more batteries produced that what they can sell (remember those days…)

Anyway the batteries available to us are much cheaper than the EV grade - because they have some issues. But they are still fine our uses. I would bet that the price/ lifetime Ah is lower on the batteries we get than if you pay to get EV rated batteries.

With these cells - sometimes we get lucky and have great cells - sometimes we are unlucky and they are not so great.

Good Luck with your projects

Back