diy solar

diy solar

Experience with EV Components?

KA2IRQ

I placed an order with evcomponents back on May 8th- a dozen Headway 40152s cells, holders, etc. Three weeks later and the order still says "Processing."
I did get a response to an email inquiring about the order about a week ago claiming that they had heavy rain in China and that the order would ship on Monday (last week). Nothing since and still says "processing."

Am I just being impatient? LOL, I guess I'm used to stuff here in the states getting processed within 24-48 hours and shipped. Does anyone else have recent experience with this vendor?

Did you ever get your order? I'm looking to buy something and they seem to be the only place that has stock (or says they have stock..).

I did! It was weird... the original delivery date was a month out. The order actually arrived a few days before the original due date which, if I recall, was June 3rd. But even after delivery, the order said "processing." Strange. I think they just update their order status manually or something.
My critique? I ordered the batteries, bus bars, and the orange cell holders. The bus bars were the wrong ones - they were the smaller size for the 10Ah cells. But they gave me a bunch extra of the cell holders.

I wound up just ordering the bus bars from a local supplier in Pennsylvania so I knew they would be right - which they were.
Hindsight being 20/20, I should have just ordered the whole thing from PA, even though it would have been a few dollars more. The vendor I personally would use in the future is...

Great service, and if they have what you want in stock, you'll have it in a few days dealing with normal shipping channels. Not that EV Components was bad, even though the bus bars were the wrong ones. I'm sure they would have made it right... but the prospect of going back and forth with China was not what I was looking for. Fortunately, bus bars are the cheapest part of the project.

Incidentally, the Headway cells continue to outperform their specs. I've seen good and bad reviews about Headway, but you can't prove anything bad by me. They've worked great.

Checking in for any recent experiences with this company.
Can get 48 "Grade A" 280ah cells delivered for $82.25 each.

Back