diy solar

diy solar

few questions about solar power....

Get a real inverter with the capacity you need to run your computer monitor, computer and modem.... Figure out what those total up to... Add 20%..... get a real one ... Get one that is actually supposed to run at that rating so when it runs it is only just warm to the touch when running.

This will probably cost you 3 times or more as much than the cheap ones that are running so hot.

For instance - my real 1000w inverter is the size of a shoe box... 12in long by 7in wide by 5 high.... when I put a 600watt load on it the internal fan runs and it stays cool to the touch on the outside.... it cost me a bit over $400us ... it is a low frequency top tier.

I can get a top tier HF inverter for $150 that will run just warm to the touch with that load. The diminions on this are 11in x 7in x 3in ... it will have two fans in it to keep it cool.

So figure a real one will cost you around 8000p ---- your hard task is to get a real one verse a fake one for that price.

Get a real inverter with the capacity you need to run your computer monitor, computer and modem.... Figure out what those total up to... Add 20%..... get a real one ... Get one that is actually supposed to run at that rating so when it runs it is only just warm to the touch when running.

This will probably cost you 3 times or more as much than the cheap ones that are running so hot.

For instance - my real 1000w inverter is the size of a shoe box... 12in long by 7in wide by 5 high.... when I put a 600watt load on it the internal fan runs and it stays cool to the touch on the outside.... it cost me a bit over $400us ... it is a low frequency top tier.

I can get a top tier HF inverter for $150 that will run just warm to the touch with that load. The diminions on this are 11in x 7in x 3in ... it will have two fans in it to keep it cool.

So figure a real one will cost you around 8000p ---- your hard task is to get a real one verse a fake one for that price.
very difficult to determine what is real and what isnt using these chinese versions of amazon.. but i agree...
im simply under the impression that china does things differently that they think peak wattage can be 10,000 watts .. and us thinks its okay to overuse natural elements even if it costs you your first born..... and they assume it wont explode.. world is a funny place when you fly to the other side dude...
i COULD go to a store and buy an average sized inverter.. will cost maybe 5000 php...about the size of 2 hdd on top of each other.. and i believe it even has a fan...
and this time i will connect the ups to the inverter instead of the surge protected power bar...

Last edited:
very difficult to determine what is real and what isnt using these chinese versions of amazon.. but i agree...
im simply under the impression that china does things differently that they think peak wattage can be 10,000 watts .. and us thinks its okay to overuse natural elements even if it costs you your first born..... and they assume it wont explode.. world is a funny place when you fly to the other side dude...
i COULD go to a store and buy an average sized inverter.. will cost maybe 5000 php...about the size of 2 hdd on top of each other.. and i believe it even has a fan...

Get the next size up. And from a local store you can take it back if it won't run your equipment.

intex ups didnt work, need to return it...
noticed something weird.. when i unplugged the battery cables from the ups battery.. the computer stayed on.. weird

intex ups didnt work, need to return it...
noticed something weird.. when i unplugged the battery cables from the ups battery.. the computer stayed on.. weird
Hi Corp, that's because it is a fairly basic UPS. Most UPS systems are. Just the very high end always runs power through the battery. Most you can "hot swap" batteries like you described since it only uses the battery when power loss is detected on the UPS's power input (where the UPS plugs into the wall power).

while i look for a local store with an inverter.. i would like to know.. does it have to me sine wave or modified becaus this time ill just stick the ups power cable into it and not the power surge bar

could be wrong but any dinky 250 watt to 350 watt inverter will suffice...

like i said.. i will only use this for pc in the beginning and gradually upgrade..

Older Dell PC were OK with MSW UPS.
Newer Dell PC have PFC power supply and require pure sine wave.

You can get away with MSW for certain load, but the money you spend for better inverter may be recovered (without detection) by the first device it doesn't cause to fail.

You can get away with MSW for certain load, but the money you spend for better inverter may be recovered (without detection) by the first device it doesn't cause to fail.

buy cheap, buy twice or three times.

Pure sine - 1000w - from the local store - or you will be buying it again.

sorry for this random question.. but why does my monitor not turn on at all on both inverters ? shouldnt the computer (the item that consumes more power draw) be the one that has trouble powering on ??
does it have anthing to do ith the order in which they are connected on my 4 plug surge protected power bar ??i just peaked and the computer does come before the monitor....
i did go to the store a few hours ago and saw a TBE inverter.. it sais 500 watts but i call bs.. it does have a fan though....
standard looking inverter that ive seen before in canadian tire and waltermart....i know its WALmart..
also saw a brand name called BOSCA
somewhat longer.. fan also.. and also more expensive...

my pc is NOT from india spank you very much.. currently the power suppy is YGT (made in Philippines) but i am expecting an Antec psu shortly.. i just yanked everything out of the tower based on advice on reddit and as soon as i plugged in the power to the YGT psu.. i felt a familiar electic shock buzz...

cant help but feel this has something to do with the fact that ALL my wall outlets have only 2 prongs. not 3.. like back home in Canada.. the grounding socket is missing.. i thought the ups would solve this...

hi.. i just got back from walking n the rain.. lost poer for 2 hours. .. random question.. can i charge my power bank from a wall outlet while using a good iinverter to consome that power going in...i imagine id use my "smart" charger.. not on pulse mode...and either one of my inverters.. or a new one....would doing this.. work ???

sorry.. 4th post today. i did jam my ups cable into both my inverters when i lost power.. i did take a video.. and i believe my problem isnt the monitor.. it was displaying a "no signal" alert.. although the compuer had its single fan spinning... i had no idea if it was working.. my processor is this thing called an APU.. it has a tiny video card embedded into it...allowing me to play moderate video games that help me with my ptsd.. (doctors orders). and this way.. the computer doesnt need an additional 200 to 500 watts.... maybe both inverters are missing something to turn on that part of the APU ??? your thoughts please

got my new computer power supply unit... hopefully it offers a little more computer protection than the Filipinoe brand psu... but tbh, im a bit hesitant to connect it to the local power grid.. i dont know if the wiring here was done by a local 11 yr old or a certified electrician

i had a "fuck it" moment and installed the psu.. no sparks and no buzzing when touched... i will try with the larger of the 2 inverters in an hour... maybe it will provide some sort of function that the other psu cannot...

Last edited:
well umm.. it works.. im currently using the cyan inverter with mandarin on it..
for over an hour now... i think the ups was the key all along...
when i flipped on the inverter the mppt read 12.1v.. and at this moment...at this moment..11.8
it is also.. STOVE HOT to the touch.. so.. success or... meh ????

well umm.. it works.. im currently using the cyan inverter with mandarin on it..
for over an hour now... i think the ups was the key all along...
when i flipped on the inverter the mppt read 12.1v.. and at this moment...at this moment..11.8
it is also.. STOVE HOT to the touch.. so.. success or... meh ????

Stove hot is bad, is that the new one? If so it needs to go back and have either a real one or a larger one. For now turn a fan on it.

also i dont know if you rememer, charged my ups battery while it was plugged into the ups circuitry.. did i damage the ups or did damage the battery.. the votage is lower than 5v on it....

Back