diy solar

diy solar

Finally found a LiFePO4 BMS with Low-temp Charging Protection

Was a video made on this bms that you found? I got one from battery hookup through the link ( thanks for the 10%) and I had a question. Why are there 2 wires for b- and 2 wires for c-? There is a copper bar that connects them on either side. Can you eliminate 1 of them or am I missing something?
You need them or even bigger cables to carry the current. As Will said in the video, the 2 cables maybe undersized to carry 100A thru them. The 120A version has 3 of those cable per side, and they should be larger AWG cable, too.

Last edited:
Simple- Pairs of wires labeled B- go to the battery negative post. Pair labeled C- go to load and charger. Small wire harness- see Will's videos on BMS installs as to hard to explain these- red to positive, whites to each series connection moving across battery and ending with black at negative post. Bluetooth module in its own dedicated port.
Did you get a 3rd jumper cable with your 120A version? It looks like it could be plugged in the socket for the Bluetooth module to hook something else up there. Not that I'm going to use it, just curious.

Yes Got that cable...no use?? I upgraded my three wires on each side to 8 AWG silicone (3 AWG equivalent per side) to carry the max 120 amps without generating heat...
Yeah, I'm thinking about bringing the 3 wires together at a bus and going a single 4AWG out of it.

I bought two rolls of 50 Ft 8 gauge silicone...such nice wire to work with. You can bring together and crimp into one battery terminal. Worked graaeat and looks great. Used a pneumatic crimper like Will uses on his forum.

I bought two rolls of 50 Ft 8 gauge silicone...such nice wire to work with. You can bring together and crimp into one battery terminal. Worked graaeat and looks great. Used a pneumatic crimper like Will uses on his forum.
I just thought of another question. How did you determine what size terminal for three 8 AWG wires in one ring terminal?

Was a video made on this bms that you found? I got one from battery hookup through the link ( thanks for the 10%) and I had a question. Why are there 2 wires for b- and 2 wires for c-? There is a copper bar that connects them on either side. Can you eliminate 1 of them or am I missing something?
I have the same question. Why two of each. Do these wires connect to the pos and neg terminals on the battery?

Because it's a lot easier to solder 2 small wires than a big one.

B- is meant to be connected to the battery negative, and P- or C- or whatever the name they chose for the other side, is meant to be connected to the loads.

Never connect any of them to the battery positive, unless you want to see fireworks...

Because it's a lot easier to solder 2 small wires than a big one.

B- is meant to be connected to the battery negative, and P- or C- or whatever the name they chose for the other side, is meant to be connected to the loads.

Never connect any of them to the battery positive, unless you want to see fireworks...
Thanks. I really need a step by step tutorial. Hoping Battery Hookup posts something soon. My CATL cells arrive this Wednesday.

I just watched one of Will's videos again and think I have it. But why are there two C- and two B-. I think I will just crimp both wires together in a ring terminal. I need to splice in a wire to run to my Load/ Charger because it is seven feet from the battery location.

Can't find the ios app Will mentions. Battery Hookup needs to do a better job with documentation.

I just watched one of Will's videos again and think I have it. But why are there two C- and two B-. I think I will just crimp both wires together in a ring terminal. I need to splice in a wire to run to my Load/ Charger because it is seven feet from the battery location.

Can't find the ios app Will mentions. Battery Hookup needs to do a better job with documentation.
I've read someplace that the iOS app is in the app store. Here it is.... The link is in the description at Battery Hookup.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xiaoxiang-bms/id1375405426

Anyone got an easy, English version, of what the settings are about, or at least which ones we should change for a12v battery?

Anyone got an easy, English version, of what the settings are about, or at least which ones we should change for a12v battery?
I don't right this minute. But I wouldn't change them, till I understood why I was making the change. If you're changing it, because someone else said to, you better trust the person who said to change it. ;)

I order mine direct from Chargery and Jason sets it up to pay via PayPal for me. You were looking for an 8S, the BMS8T is the one to look at in that case. For much more info and answers to questions that have been asked, follow the Link in my Signature for Chargery,
I just emailed Jason at chargery. Are their additional parts I should order at the same time? Relays? Thanks!

Why are you all waiting for another shipment when you can order diecly from AliExpress. I have already received 4 of these units this month but a 120 amp version instead of the 100 amp one Will tested. Wrk perfectly , upgraded soldered wires pairs to a larger size. Extensively tested. Work as advertised. On my phone but can give links to the manufacturer of these bms units and to a AliExpress seller when back on my laptop. Using with iPhone, software rocks. Use the pro version
Smart bms on AliExpress icgogogo is seller you can try.

I just emailed Jason at chargery. Are their additional parts I should order at the same time? Relays? Thanks!
The BMS comes with all the wires and the shunt. Two Relays are needed (I use the 200A ones). There is the optional Delay Board for an extra $4.50 USD which could be handy depending on your setup. I get them as I know my system is in evolution ATM and as things change I "may" need the delay functionality. I figure it's best to have on hand just in case, rather than having to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

Back