diy solar

diy solar

Finally found a LiFePO4 BMS with Low-temp Charging Protection

@OverkillSolar A couple more questions before I place my order.

1. Are the board stand offs threaded, so I could screw it to a mounting surface?

2. On adding the SW port connection (requesting this unless you got the new units with this), do you include the plug/wire lead that can be connected to an external switch or are you just adding the board port itself?

@OverkillSolar A couple more questions before I place my order.

1. Are the board stand offs threaded, so I could screw it to a mounting surface?

2. On adding the SW port connection (requesting this unless you got the new units with this), do you include the plug/wire lead that can be connected to an external switch or are you just adding the board port itself?
The standoffs are crimped into the cover plates, and one side is threaded. There is enough extra threads to do that.image.jpg

Re the SW header, I literally got a delivery 10 minutes ago of the new units. The switch connector is installed and comes with a pigtail.
image.jpg

The standoffs are crimped into the cover plates, and one side is threaded. There is enough extra threads to do that.View attachment 13978

Re the SW header, I literally got a delivery 10 minutes ago of the new units. The switch connector is installed and comes with a pigtail.
View attachment 13979

@OverkillSolar Heck ya!!!! You have answered my needs! How do I make sure I get these new units if I order via Amazon. Definitely want that new units and BT. Going to need two of these. :)

Just send me a message on amazon after you order so I know who it’s for. I’m not going to advertise the new feature until the old stock is sold out

@OverkillSolar I just placed my order and sent you a message via Amazon (hope you get it as I don't think I have done that before). It will be for 2 units with BT. It's for Mike Schwartz. Any questions, you can PM me here. Thanks!!!!

I lost the bluetooth module and cell balancing wires! I think my kids put them somewhere "safe". I have turned the house upside down. Does anyone know the best way to order replacement parts? I would prefer not to pay for an entire new module. Thank you!

I lost the bluetooth module and cell balancing wires! I think my kids put them somewhere "safe". I have turned the house upside down. Does anyone know the best way to order replacement parts? I would prefer not to pay for an entire new module. Thank you!
IIRC, you can order the BT from OverkillSolar on Amazon. Follow the link in his posts. Not sure about the balance cable.

BTW: I know where you can find the ones in your house.......

They're in the last place you would look....... :rolleyes:

PM your address I will send replacements.

Thank you so much. I will of course pay!
Ok so I don’t know how much postage I need to send this to New Zealand... a similar package was delivered to my buddy in Canada with 2 stamps so maybe??

Priority mail international is $38 so we aren’t doing that...
4107D7A2-FF02-4BBA-A6AD-7CA243452B4E.jpeg

can you just hook those switch leads to a rocker switch? In my travel trailer this could be a great feature to be able to turn off small loads while trailer is in storage.
yes, any switch will do. I would use a different switch for each BMS if you have multiple units.

BTW when I say it only controls discharging, it still allows charging current but I doubt any smart chargers will operate like that, because they won't be able to sense the battery voltage when the charger tries to start up.

Back