diy solar

diy solar

Finally found a LiFePO4 BMS with Low-temp Charging Protection

Hey its on Android and version 2.0.1006. I got it from wills website
That is a real old version. There's a newer version, here.

https://github.com/FurTrader/OverkillSolarBMS

Just don't try and use the adjust parameters. You change setting in the see parameter view section.
Tap on the setting you want to change and a pop up box opens, change it there and save.
I wish Will would change his post with a link to the newer version.

@Sgt Raven you sir are a legend! Ive changed the low temp to 2c.

What is meant my cycle capacity? When I connected it asked me to set nominal capacity and cycle capacity

@Sgt Raven you sir are a legend! Ive changed the low temp to 2c.

What is meant my cycle capacity? When I connected it asked me to set nominal capacity and cycle capacity
Not sure. I set the Nominal Capacity to the AHs of my pack. IIRC it was 100AH originally.

My first discharge test it was on 0% left for days @13.1V.
It seems to have learned and the 2nd discharge test, the % left seemed to match the pack voltages.

Amazing stuff, thank you Sir! Live saver. I need to really do a discharge test but I'm not really sure where to start!

Amazing stuff, thank you Sir! Live saver. I need to really do a discharge test but I'm not really sure where to start!
Since I didn't have a bigger load, I hooked up my 12V fridge and a USB charger for my phone/tablet.
Figured that would be my main loads off grid. Should have had some LED lights, too.
A small inverter and a string of incandescent lights would make a nice load, too.

Nice! Do you just leave them on until the BMS kicks in and stops load from being taken out? Then recharge again? What device are you using to measure the result

Nice! Do you just leave them on until the BMS kicks in and stops load from being taken out? Then recharge again? What device are you using to measure the result
The first time I had the fridge set to the highest of it's 3 setting for voltage cutoff. The fridge ended that test.
The 2nd test I changed it to the lowest of the 3 and the BMS ended the test.
I got my results from the BMS charts and I wrote down the info from it over time during the test. AKA XXv @ XX:XX time.
IIRC the BMS stores the data for 30 days or so.

Finally got one of my packed built using this BMS. Seems to be working great but I don't have any charging ability at this point so not really testing how well it works. This is the newer model with the on/off switch port for the discharge side. See the highlighted area showing the state. Just a change of the switch and this setting changes.

Cells are showing very balanced. Happy about that. You can read my whole DIY battery build at,

I pasted together 3 screenshots to get this info in one pic. Thanks again @OverkillSolar for the great customer service!!!

BMS Info.jpg

The amperage going in or out seems to be pretty close, if not right on.
I've checked with my clamp meter when charging. Didn't think to check it under a load.
I found it quite inaccurate. That is understandable given the flat discharge curve of LIFEPO4. I ended up buying a current shunt battery monitor which measures the actual current going in and out of the battery, so as long as you know the capacity it is very accurate.

A customer (who isnt on here yet) found the best version yet, it solves the crashing parameter page among other issues.
Version 3.1.1015, download here: https://github.com/FurTrader/OverkillSolarBMS/blob/master/Android_app_xiaoxiangBMS_3.1.1015.apk
I remember someone on here was trying to use that version and was having problems. But they still had problems downgrading to your previous version. It seemed his problem was a Android phone not sold in the US and using a modified version of Android OS, that was installed on his phone.

If I install that version, will I lose all the statistical data in my current version?

I remember someone on here was trying to use that version and was having problems. But they still had problems downgrading to your previous version. It seemed his problem was a Android phone not sold in the US and using a modified version of Android OS, that was installed on his phone.

If I install that version, will I lose all the statistical data in my current version?
I tested it on my Walmart tablet and it’s a definite improvement. Uninstalled the old one first.

Not yet. There is a 60 amp version out there but I never ordered any
Thanks ?

Would you mind posting a link to the one you're referring to? Did you not order it because of concerns with the device, or just not enough market for it?

Back