diy solar

diy solar

Finally found a LiFePO4 BMS with Low-temp Charging Protection

I know the yellow one showed half the stuff in Chinese and had some big bugs. V3.1.xxxxx is blue. Not sure about the green one.
OK, I'm running V3.1.1001 and Android 7 on my tablet. So it might not be supported in Android 6. A slightly earlier version might work.
Does the Play Store give you a warning about not all things working with your version of Android?
I know I've seen that with some apps and my older tablet. One of my older phones, would not update some apps because of the version of Android on it. The older version of the app still works but had problems. I saw this with the Gas Buddy App. I got a newer old phone and things updated. My Bank App on my tablet wouldn't update and stopped working, because Android 7 is too old.

Ok I just downloaded it from the Overkill site? I had to allow a third party download so I allowed for this download only.
Much more info than the one last year.
Much improvement but the iOS app takes the blue ribbon for sure.
I could set parameters on the old one (green elephant)
The green icon is what I had last year but deleted it. It worked before on the android.
Problem solved ⚡⚡⚡⚡
Now I can watch another episode of
The Umbrella Academy ? LOL

Is there a "will prowse" discount code for the Overkill BMS? I'm getting ready to order 3 of 8S version.

Also, do they truly work with Apple iOS??
No extra discounts for now, as I am already struggling to keep up with the number of orders (thank you BTW)
In the future when I get over the hump I will do some special offers.

No extra discounts for now, as I am already struggling to keep up with the number of orders (thank you BTW)
In the future when I get over the hump I will do some special offers.
Do you still offer a cheaper direct price, because you don't have to pay the "Amazon" Tax?

@Sgt Raven I bought on the Overkill web site with Amazon pay and there was no tax. Direct purchase showed tax.
?
OverKillSolar has to pay a fee for everything he sells on Amazon, to Amazon.
That is what I mean about the "Amazon Tax".
Same thing applies to buying on eBay. The seller has to pay a "eBay Tax".

It is hit or miss, what things Amazon adds "State Sales Tax" on.

When I purchased in the checkout it asked if I wanted to use Amazon pay.
So I have twice. It never shows in Amazon purchases as an Amazon purchase.
I do have an Amazon prime CC but don’t know how it works thru Overkill.
Technically I’m not buying from Amazon it’s bought from Overkill using Amazon pay. ?

When I purchased in the checkout it asked if I wanted to use Amazon pay.
So I have twice. It never shows in Amazon purchases as an Amazon purchase.
I do have an Amazon prime CC but don’t know how it works thru Overkill.
Technically I’m not buying from Amazon it’s bought from Overkill using Amazon pay. ?
It's been a while since I used Amazon Pay, but it did show up someplace on my Amazon account as a purchase.
I have a Prime CC too. How it's listed is different than paying thru my PayPal account, when that is an option.

I just checked all my Amazon purchases and it is not in there.

Try adding something to your cart on Overkill solar go to cart then go to check out. It should ask at that point in payment options if you want to do in Amazon pay or other. You’re not buying from Amazon. Just using that CC info for purchase. At that point you haven’t made a purchase and it can be deleted if you choose.
I don’t think I get my 5% cash back perk like that but......

I replaced the Amazon Tax with the Will Prowse tax. Most of you guys use his affiliate links. At least it isn't all going to Bezos, right?

So am I understanding correctly that If I buy using a referral link the seller pays something directly or indirectly to the referrer?

Am I also correct in understanding that the seller isn't actually paying more, but paying a portion of the fee that wouldve gone to amazon/ebay/etc to the referrer instead?

So am I understanding correctly that If I buy using a referral link the seller pays something directly or indirectly to the referrer?

Am I also correct in understanding that the seller isn't actually paying more, but paying a portion of the fee that wouldve gone to amazon/ebay/etc to the referrer instead?
Amazon takes a percentage of gross sales, and pays affiliates a portion of that. The payout used to be generous, now not so much.

I have an affiliate link tracker on my website that records purchases made via affiliate links, then I pay the affiliate directly.

Its a wash for me.

Is there any issue with extending the temp probe wiring on this BMS ? It is a bit on the short side and I need to extend mine.

@OverkillSolar : can you guide which model you would suggest for 8 * 3.2V 280Ah EVE LiFePO4 cells in series ? That will be a single bank of 24V.

Can you explain what happens to the MPPT when the BMS cuts charging (either due to low temperature or over voltage) ?

There is mention on this thread
of separate port vs common port BMS models from Daly.

I'm a RE/DIY solar newbie, but I don't see any other BMS manufacturers differentiating between common port and separate port. How are the OverkillSolar BMS designed re common/separate port ?

Has anyone got a screenshot or list of settings for conservative use of the 4s xuba 280ah batteries AND this BMS. Or does everyone use the stock lifepo4 settings. Some settings seemed to push the cells pretty far based on stuff I've read here.

Thanks

Is the remaining capacity based on voltage alone? Apologies if this has been discussed previously, I tried to search for it.

I am not sure but based on my observation of the SOC as compared to a Victron 712 the BMS was within 1-2% from 100% to 60%. I don''t think they can get that from the battery voltage. It also give you the current current draw so it must be measuring it directly.

Back