diy solar

diy solar

Finally found a LiFePO4 BMS with Low-temp Charging Protection

Read through the first five pages but have not got to page 23 yet, so I'll just ask.....has anyone downloaded the Apple App (called Xiaoxiang BMS) for this BMS and successfully used it with your iPhone? Thanks!

Read through the first five pages but have not got to page 23 yet, so I'll just ask.....has anyone downloaded the Apple App (called Xiaoxiang BMS) for this BMS and successfully used it with your iPhone? Thanks!
I don't have an iPhone, but have read you want the Enterprise paid version....
The free iOS app is restricted on what you can do. IIIRC the paid version is $5-6 USD...

The free iOS app is restricted on what you can do. IIIRC the paid version is $5-6 USD...
Have the phone app. Works perfectly

Yes using it right now. No issues at all

Not sure if it is this BMS or not since it came in my battery ..... but I am using the Apple app and my BMS seems to have all the characteristics of this one.
As @Sgt Raven said you need the pro version to have full funtionality. I think the App advised me of that if I remember correctly

I have received the Battgo balancer and my Lifepo batteries are out for delivery on Fedex. Since I don't plan on any Xt 60 connectors can you tell me what the nomenclature for the secondary Battgo connection point is. I believe it is a 9 pin JST XH but I just need to be sure. Here is a shot of the connection point.
I have one of these. The most negative pin on the JST is marked on the case - closest to the XT60.

Another question from same newbie... I connected the new converter/charger I will be using in my travel trailer ( IOTA DLS-75 w/
IOTA IQ-LIFEPO Charge Controller ) up to my new battery bank to see how the charging cycle goes. When I initially constructed the pack all (8) batteries measured 3.29 volts each so I assumed they were likely a matched set and proceeded forward without any balancing. After charging for a couple hours I began to get “cell over voltage“ alerts due to the #4 cell continuously going into over voltage and the BMS shutting off charging. Once the voltage on cell #4 drops below 3.5 volts the charging starts again only to shut off within a second or two for the same reason. So on the bright Side of things the BMS appears to be protecting the battery as designed, however I’m curious as to this continued ‘cell over voltage’ and if it’s because I’ve got something possibly wired up incorrectly or something else I might have screwed up. As you can see in my picture the positive charge cable is connected to cell #4. Not sure if this is the cause of my problem of not. Any help or advice would be great. Thank you

I had this same issue. My BMS does top balancing, so it only kicks in at 3.6V or higher per cell. I ended up charging each cell separately to 3.65 then let the BMS do its thing. All is well now.

Smart bms on AliExpress icgogogo is seller you can try.

Hi Danny,
I ordered this BMS with bluetooth unit and UART box for set up.
All came w/o decription or instruction manual. Provided bluetooth app is in Chinese.
Did you manage to get decent manuals for set up for all three units?

Waldemar

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, having trouble saving any changes. I'm running the app Will linked to back at the beginning of this thread.
The one in the PlayStore in neutered..... I'm running it on my tablet running Android 7. Don't know if that matters.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, having trouble saving any changes. I'm running the app Will linked to back at the beginning of this thread.
The one in the PlayStore in neutered..... I'm running it on my tablet running Android 7. Don't know if that matters.
I had that problem to begin with on the app with the yellow elephant. I found that in "Params Setting" mode , that if you hit the "next" on the app to tab to the next field down and then hit submit it works.
Hope it's the same for you.

I am using it on my Samsung 9 phone with Android 10.

Also works on my 2016 Samsung Tab A on Android 8

Last edited:
I had that problem to begin with on the app with the yellow elephant. I found that in "Params Setting" mode , that if you hit the "next" on the app to tab to the next field down and then hit submit it works.
Hope it's the same for you.

I am using it on my Samsung 9 phone with Android 10
I'm getting to parameters change page and hitting next, next, next, but not seeing the submit button. I think that's where I'm losing it...
First thing I'm trying to change from 100AH to 280AH for the battery......

I ordered a UART box from Amazon that was on the same listing as the Smart BMS and it came with this webpage to get the software.
There is an Android app listed there and other instructions including installation instructions. I haven't looked it all over yet.
But we have some very bright people here and maybe some of them will check it out.
If I use the UART box, I'm hoping the software will run on Windows XP as I have an old Thinkpad I could dedicate to just this.
I just emailed the guy behind this webpage. Also asked if he was a member here and told him that we have this big thread on the BMS..

https://github.com/FurTrader/OverkillSolarBMS

Last edited:
Ok I’m setting up Will’s 400 watt mobile system with alternator charging. https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/simplified-400-watt-fewer-wires-and-alternator-charging.html

I’m using 8 Fortune 100Ah LiFePo4 batteries in a 4P4S configuration. Here is Will’s Youtube video on this setup...

here are the specs for the batteries...BEEC45A1-96C9-4D63-A424-80B3C60724FB.jpeg

I want to set the parameters in the BMS to conservative settings in order to make my batts last as long as possible. But I’m confused as to nomenclatur. For instance Will, in another posting, list’s absorption, float and invertercutoff as value‘s he would use, but this BMS has no such setting. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/r...e-for-diy-lifepo4-batteries-sticky-post.5101/

Also can anyone explain what a tripper value and a release value does? As far as I can tell there is no manual for this, on github or reddit. :mad:

Here are the factor settings, can someone help me out here?

07BEA52F-DA9F-46FF-9412-A6EBE3238820.jpeg

Attachments

• 8EBA5D2C-B7A2-49A8-AFF1-B0B36454F11F.jpeg
    8EBA5D2C-B7A2-49A8-AFF1-B0B36454F11F.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ok I’m setting up Will’s 400 watt mobile system with alternator charging. https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/simplified-400-watt-fewer-wires-and-alternator-charging.html

I’m using 8 Fortune 100Ah LiFePo4 batteries in a 4P4S configuration. Here is Will’s Youtube video on this setup...

.....snip..........
FYI..... with 8 cells making a 12V battery, you can have a 2P4S or a 4S2P, but not a 4P4S..... For 4P you need 4 cells in parallel.....
This stuff can get confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it.....

Back