diy solar

diy solar

Finally found a LiFePO4 BMS with Low-temp Charging Protection

OK, I suscseffuly lost one of the temp sensor probes for this bms. Does anyone know where I can get another one?

1586138325365.png

Looks like a standard 10k NTC temp sensor. Maybe try to contact the manufacturer to confirm if it's not specified in the manual.

.......if it's not specified in the manual.

I had to chuckle....There are no manuals with these. I sent messages to several of the Chinese sellers on Aliexpress buy have not heard back. Maybe I will just buy a 10k NTC temp sensor and try it if no one on the forum knows where to get one.

I had to chuckle....There are no manuals with these. I sent messages to several of the Chinese sellers on Aliexpress buy have not heard back. Maybe I will just buy a 10k NTC temp sensor and try it if no one on the forum knows where to get one.
I ordered an extra 50 temp probes. Send me your address and I’ll give you one. They cost me $.50 each

Some of the readings in the "Battery State" are in Chinese running the yellow elephant version of the App on Android version 7.0 on my tablet. Does anyone know how to change it?

BatteryState#1.jpg

BatteryState#2.jpg

Last edited:
Repowering my pocket cruiser sailboat(21 ft) with 48V electric inboard, 16S LiFePO4 cells. Battery Hookup is not ordering any 16S versions. I went to the link you posted for your BMS but can't figure out which if any would meet my needs here in New England. Bluetooth Android for setting params and monitoring, low temp charging cutoff, cell balancing, etc. Would you look at their offerings and tell me if there is one there for me.
Thank you.

Repowering my pocket cruiser sailboat(21 ft) with 48V electric inboard, 16S LiFePO4 cells. Battery Hookup is not ordering any 16S versions. I went to the link you posted for your BMS but can't figure out which if any would meet my needs here in New England. Bluetooth Android for setting params and monitoring, low temp charging cutoff, cell balancing, etc. Would you look at their offerings and tell me if there is one there for me.
Thank you.
How many amps at 48v do you need to run continuously?

Just the other day I detached the negative leads from the Renogy to the solar panels, battery and inverter. I did this so I could build a PVC frame for the solar panels. Last night when I turned the app back on to check the status of the batteries I was a bit shocked to discover 34 cell overvoltages, 32 undervoltages and the bar graph which indicates individual cell voltages had two cells at normal voltage, one cell at 4.89v, and another at 1.9v. The battery was disconnected at around 75%, 13.33v it now reads 100% and 13.32v. What the heck is going on?!?!

Prior to this happening I charged and discharged the battery several times. But each time I charged it up after a couple hours the percentage indicator would fall between 15%-25% with no load attached. Is this normal? Is it possible I got a bad unit?

Just the other day I detached the negative leads from the Renogy to the solar panels, battery and inverter. I did this so I could build a PVC frame for the solar panels. Last night when I turned the app back on to check the status of the batteries I was a bit shocked to discover 34 cell overvoltages, 32 undervoltages and the bar graph which indicates individual cell voltages had two cells at normal voltage, one cell at 4.89v, and another at 1.9v. The battery was disconnected at around 75%, 13.33v it now reads 100% and 13.32v. What the heck is going on?!?!

Prior to this happening I charged and discharged the battery several times. But each time I charged it up after a couple hours the percentage indicator would fall between 15%-25% with no load attached. Is this normal? Is it possible I got a bad unit?
Sounds like one of the balance wires might be detached. Can you screenshot the app?

Oh and the capacity meter is only based on cell voltage, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I didn’t think to take one at the time so I hooked it back up because it scared me and I was hoping it would rebalance. :eek:

Here is the present screen shot....

it’s continuing to overcharge and a few under voltages

another thing I noticed look at the battery cycles 65,000?

38CC676E-E24F-4BE1-91A6-2BCE356B02D9.jpeg

I was able to duplicate part of your issue by unseating the balance connector: image.jpg

This made the voltages go nuts up and down:
FF516CAD-C546-4484-9CCC-F50C20919ABA.png

The under/over voltage counts are way up but I don't see anything changing on "battery cycles"

you should check all the balance wire connections and press reset on the app.

I was able to duplicate part of your issue by unseating the balance connector: View attachment 10468

View attachment 10469

The under/over voltage counts are way up but I don't see anything changing on "battery cycles"

Wow..... great detective work. This forum is amazing!

I was able to duplicate part of your issue by unseating the balance connector: View attachment 10468

View attachment 10469

Thx OKS, I just checked and here’s the pic I took. It appears to be fully seated. Also my “Battery cycles" indicates over 65K cycles, is that correct?

811AFE13-B644-4A05-907E-F6A685D273FB.jpeg

And here’s another pic after hitting reset... I hope I’m not hurting anything...?

D60BE8D5-B06E-4945-8045-B8E07EF95005.jpeg

the problem seems to be reoccurring...

Some of the readings in the "Battery State" are in Chinese running the yellow elephant version of the App on Android version 7.0 on my tablet. Does anyone know how to change it?
OK, I fixed my problem. I got rid of the Yellow Elephant version and replaced it with the OverkillSolarBMS version. Not only is everything in English, but the way you change setting is different and works better. Steve's version is much cleaner than the other one.

OK, I fixed my problem. I got rid of the Yellow Elephant version and replaced it with the OverkillSolarBMS version. Not only is everything in English, but the way you change setting is different and works better. Steve's version is much cleaner than the other one.
I have been using the "Yellow Elephant". Where do I get the OverkillSolarBMS version?

Back