diy solar

diy solar

Finally got LV6048 Hooked to AC...Now overload?

Not to overload you with too many instructions, but some settings to check:
Setting 01 I see the default is Utility First - this would answer my question as to why the MPP was in by-pass, Change it to SbU (solar-battery-Utility)
Setting 16 set the charging priority to OSO (solar only) - just while we sort out the overload condition.
Setting 18 set to bOF will turn off the alarm beep (if you like)
Setting 23 set to "byE" this enables the unit to by-pass if the battery is not sufficient to run the loads.
Try these settings and I will watch for your report back.

okay,
So it appears the battery connection is fine now, no more fault 56,
Fault code 07 is an overload on the output of 110% (or more) for longer than one minute per the manual page 30.
Do you have any loads on the output?
we didn't discuss that earlier.
In your photo at post #5 I see output wires attached to the MPP - My suggestion is remove these and try to restart the unit:
A restart means, turn off the MPP, turn off the battery, turn off the incoming Utility power breaker, wait a few minutes; then restart by again using a pencil or resister to jump to the pos to recharge the capacitors, then turn on the battery, turn on the MPP switch, and turn on the utility power.
With no loads, in fact no wires on the AC output there should be no way to have an overload fault.
That said a few settings to double check:
Setting 02 Max charging current - set this to a value at least the same as setting 11 say 30A.
Setting 03 Check this is set to APL (the default setting) this tells the MPP what voltages to expect from the incoming AC utility.
Try the above and report back. - I am assuming you Don't have any PV connected at this stage, if I am wrong, disconnect PV inputs for now while we test.
Funny you ask that! I had left my Ford EV charger plugged into that wire.

When I test tonight, I will follow your sequence and unplug the charger.

Funny you ask that! I had left my Ford EV charger plugged into that wire.

When I test tonight, I will follow your sequence and unplug the charger.
LOL!
Well that explains a lot!
{Note - you can set the EV to charge at a lower amperage ie since one MPP 6048 is limited to 27.3A output, you may want to use 20A for the EV.}

Well that is better!
Naturally you should now test with a small then med and large load on L1 and L2 and mix of 120 and 240 Volt loads.
Then go back and check over all those settings to get things the way you want for your set up. ie, if you have a 40A Utility supply, you can change setting 11 to match at 40A.
Glad it worked out!

Well that is better!
Naturally you should now test with a small then med and large load on L1 and L2 and mix of 120 and 240 Volt loads.
Then go back and check over all those settings to get things the way you want for your set up. ie, if you have a 40A Utility supply, you can change setting 11 to match at 40A.
Glad it worked out!
I will run those tests. Thank you for all your help.

Well coach, it was my pleasure to be of help! To me, that is exactly what this forum is really about.
The AIO inverters should list right in the manual trouble shooting section:
Step 1. Join DIYSolarForum.com
Step 2. post your issue and get real help, from poeple that 'have been there' nearly instantly.
LOL
I got help on the forum when I needed it (thanks @FilterGuy) and am glad I was able to have a turn to help someone too.

Last edited:
Back