diy solar

diy solar

Growatt servers not showing data? This fixed it for me.

I have the same issue, Growatt 4400 and a ShineWIFI-S. The update time is updating, but the numbers all say 0. Tried setting the server URL and restarting it but no luck

Any luck with this? Currently experiencing the same issue.
Hi, can you please tell me the procedure for upgrading the firmware on the ShineWiFi module. I can't find any info anywhere (and firmware files too!)

Too late, it bricked mine too!
Just bought another one

If that's the USB dongle you guys are referring to, then this is what I do when my plants don't show data:

-check to see what the light looks like on the USB dongle... is it solid or blinking? which color is it? When this happens to mine, everything LOOKS ok (ie the light is blinking blue indicating it has an internet connection and is also connected to the growatt servers) but again, nothing is showing on the web monitoring portal
-take a toothpick or plastic small pointy object and press-and-release (do not hold) the reset button (the "key" hole... the one with the light)
-wait about 30 seconds, and see if the light blinks blue again... usually for me it will NOT blink at this point (indicating a problem still exists)
-once again, press-and-release (do not hold) the reset button with your toothpick
-wait another 30 seconds, and see if the light starts to blink blue again. If so, wait another 2 minutes and check the online web monitoring portal

Don't know why this fixes it for me, but it does. Of course, this assumes you had it working originally at some point - if you're having a problem with 1st time use, this won't help ;)

And now my new stick isn’t working either. I spoke to Growatt and they advised I need to replace the Control board inside of the inverter. Super unhappy.

Dear friend ,you have problems with the inverter after-sales service in the future, please send me information according to my requirements, thank you!

1. Let the customer provide the P/N, S/N serial number. You can take pictures for me. If you have a WiFi account registered, please provide your WiFi account and password.

2. Describe the problem of the inverter and take a video. The video content needs to include the problem of the inverter, as well as the label that needs to be arranged next to the inverter, with labels with P/N and S/N codes.

After these two steps are completed, we can ask Growatt engineers to confirm what caused the problem as soon as possible. Give you the fastest after-sales service.If it is an accessory problem, if the main board, control board, mppt board and other problems, the accessories can be replaced for free.

Lol this support. They want me to open it. Ahahhahahaha

I just want to share my experience with getting the Growatt wifi to work that came with my MIC 3000TL-X devices bought from Signature Solar. I bought the first one last year, and was never able to figure it out. I just tried again tonight because I just commissioned a second one with some cheap panels I got on sale from SanTan. I found this thread, which seems to have been created about a week after I gave up on the last one ever working. I attempted to follow steps various folks shared in this thread, and while they did not work, they put me on the right track.

The inverters I got came with what appears to be the Shine GPRS-X modules (black with a single LED on the front and a button on the bottom). When connecting to them in AP mode, they did not respond to any queries to http://192.168.10.100, but I did confirm that was indeed the IP address it had, as it handed out 192.168.10.101 to my phone (and later laptop while troubleshooting). Since I could not log into a web interface to modify the server configuration to point it at server-us.growatt.com, I had an alternative idea. I already run my own DNS server locally on my home network so I can connect to various devices by name instead of IP address, so why not just redirect to the correct server?

I found a link to an article called "Overriding DNS for fun and profit" which helped me redirect server.growatt.com to server-us.growatt.com using a CNAME. I then deleted both of the dataloggers in my app (since they did actually show up as offline, and were slow blinking blue, meaning they successfully connected to the router) and re-added them. I did completely unplug each from the inverter for 5-10 seconds to make sure it flushed any cached DNS data out of its memory. After going through the add process again, they both immediately started returning data, and the app started reporting information. Unfortunately, it was 8:15pm and the sun had gone down, so I could only see about 10 watts of power coming in, but the app actually showed something was happening, which it never did before.

While I'm sure this is probably a way more technical method than anyone is going to try and do to make it work, I just wanted to share with everyone that it did indeed seem to work. For those IT-minded folks like me that are struggling to get these things working, I hope that my experience will point you in a successful direction. :)

I have 11 Growatt 3000 inverters all with solas and Li-ion batteries and all have the Wi-fi dongle. I have only got one of the units to configure the wi-fi. It works fine and uses the server.growatt.com page with good data. When I try to configure the others they end up with a steady green light but I know the wi-fi is fine. These are spread out over 5 sites, each with their own wi-fi. My dongles do not have any site written on them, either China or US. All my units were purchased in the US. Please help me get these to configure.

Using the server.growatt.com it says my dataloggers are fine but lists them both with status "lost" What does this mean. How do I fix this. There is no data and the light is steady green. If I go to the server-us.growatt.com it redirects me back to server.growatt.com.

My 2 dataloggers have been working perfectly for many months and I came here because one of them just lost connection without any changes being made, so I looked through the forum and found this thread.
Instead of a flashing blue light there is a flashing green which means it cant communicate with the modem although it is connected . I would rather not go through the re registering process as we all know how tricky that can be !I have 2 growatt spftl 5000 off grid inverters and they and the 3 batteries are all running well , the 1st datalogger is showing almost full batteries , which is usual , the second shows 99 5 charge but this looks like a default setting as the battery colour is grey not green as it should be . So datalogger is not reading .Has anyone come across this problem ? I would like to hear please, thanks , Graham (Greece)

I had a problem which i solved maybe it might be of some use.
I have a shine lan with rf stick showing connection lost , i tried everything , even fitted a new shine lan and rf stick. Still no luck .
when pairing the rf stick would pulse erratically blue and then pulse red after a while .
i got pissed off and turned the inverter and panels off . on re starting the inverter said only once EXCESS USB VOLTAGE , or something like that , still no luck.

SO I SHUT IT DOWN AGAIN , EVERYTHING , AC , DC AND ALSO TURNED OFF THE BATTERY PACK FUSE AND LEFT IT FOR A FEW SECONDS

RE START AC
PAIR
RE START BATTERY
WAIT A BIT
TURN ON DC
On re starting this time it paired perfectly , information is shooting across perfectly , I wish i had done this a week earlier , What i have observed is that the area around where the usb stick plugs in gets quite hot , this may be a contributing factor or a symptom.

I will be adding a fan to blow air at the inverter fins also,

Oh, man this seems to go on for 2 years.
I just got mine and installed it five times and did all the settings above mentioned, it's just showing the blue light and no data.

What I did:
1. installed Growatt 12k inverter
2. Added annoying app to phone and the Wifi module. a week after 09/21/2023
3. It showed up in the plant as item, but never showed any data.
4. Reset and re-added five times, but no connection
5. When I start the app the scanner comes on first place and says no device, even though it's in the list and the blue LED is on.
6. Like many other videos and instructions show to use dataloggers Wifi, but the dongles wifi doesn't seem to work.

Found this, you need to press the button twice. Not working yet, but got the Wifi from the dongle:
---------------- continue with 7. ---
TROUBLESHOOTING / QUICK REGISTRATION PROCESS:

Note
: If after completing the registration process by following the manual, the LED flashes blue, but are unable to view any data, we need to make sure the Wifi Module is connecting to the USA Server. (Just been created recently)

NOTE #1 : a press of more than 6 seconds duration resets the Wifi Module. (Tiny hole, use a sharp pointed object)

NOTE #2 a press of less than 0.5 sec puts the Wifi Module into Access Point Mode (Thus transmits its Wifi SSID). (Tiny hole, use a sharp pointed object)

This is also an alternative registration method:

1. Connect Wifi Module to USB Port on inverter
  2. Insert pin or another tiny sharp object into the tiny LED hole for 6 or more few seconds, until the Light is steady White(ish)
  3. Insert pin or another tiny sharp object into the tiny LED hole for less than 0.5 seconds, until the Light is steady /flashing White(ish)
  4. On your phone or PC connect to the Wifi Name that matches the serial number on the Wifi Module (Hint -also on the box)
  5. Sometimes your phone will ask if it is ok to connect to this network without internet access (affirm this and connect anyway)
  6. From your phone or PC browser, type in the “192.168.10.100” IP address just as shown here, and go.
  7. log into the blue login screen “admin” password “12345678” see example: http://watts247.com/manuals/gw/WifiConfig-0.jpg
--------------------------
7. This brought me closer. The first time I had the dongle states with online, good quality of service, but still not reporting service. It's like a dead dongle connected to a server.
Update 10/01/2023
No problem to add and remove the datalogger to the plant either way, but it just doesn't deliver any data to the server, even with connection status excellent. I guess I have to return that unit.

Last edited:
I have 2 inverters SPF5000 connected in parallel in one house but only one datalogger (Shine Wifi white) works, on either inverter , 2 other dataloggers (one blax mod- x and the other recomended white expensive type ) wont work, maybe connect to wifi that is super strong but never connect to any server.
in my https://oss.growatt.com/ I have 3 plants where 1 is online but I cannot add a second datalogger or inverter

does growatt consider parallel 2 Inverters with 2 dataloggers to be 2 plants or one ? how can I delete a plant in the
https://oss.growatt.com/ page ?

I have an IP BAckground and electronics background of 40 years ,maybe I am thinking to complicated ???

I tried it around 100 times in the last 3 month , sometimes it connected for some days than the stick said offline again.

Growatt support Email only gave me auto responder even I added all serial numbers and passowrds

I would like to switch away from Growatt cloud and use GROTT Integration for Homeassisitant baut cannot find anybody
to assisit me (paid hours) by teamviewer or some linux stuff

Back