diy solar

diy solar

Growatt, tell me I'm wrong

Darren67-72

Off grid
I'm running a growatt 8000DMV (basically same as the 12000) with 6 eg4 batteries and communication. I have 3 issues but, only one I can't live with.
1. Can't get the darn thing to stop beeping when I push a button. I've tryed the settings and pushing the right two buttons at the same time. The icon even goes off, but keeps beeping.
2. While using communication, it clips solar at 50a. (Whatever)
3. System works GREAT, but... output power turns off for 3 sec. Every day or so. This sucks. I'm so tired of resetting my clocks it unreal. ALL else is good.
I am only utilizing about 40% of available power. Inverter is set NOT to restart after over current. Electrical breaker System is well balanced.

Tell me I'm wrong. This is the start of a 3 month.... reprogram, update, on the phone with technology support.
So far Signature Solar tech support has helped by reading me the owners manual. ( I can do that) and telling me to buy more equipment. Or disable the communication they touted was exclusive and wonderful.
I am a growatt fan.... so far?

You should make a video. That beeping as far as I know can be turned off in the menu.

Turning off the beep, is the first thing that everyone does. (Off, should be the default)

You can't turn off the beep despite it looking like you can so give up on that one. That option in the menu will silence the beep if it's currently in an alarm state. Do you get any errors or alarms when it shuts down? Error 4 or 20 by chance? Any perceived issue with battery communication will cause it to immediately shut down. I'm running the same 8kw inverter(SPF8000T DVM MVP) and 4 of the EG4 Lifepower batteries in communicating mode and have no problems. Been up and running 24/7 for three months now.

i have seen Growatt shut down on high voltage without any indication what happened. I queried sig solar but they had no clue. They asked for a bunch of useless information. I told him I thought it was the power supply shutting down because of high voltage. Changed over to LiFePO4 and prob went away.

Lol, (don't push any buttons) thanks for the replys... I am using lifpo4 batteries.
Bob, are you referring to high voltage from solar? I am only running about 144v max.
Shopman, I don't get any error codes at all, but I did hear it beeping, once. Before I could get to it, everything was back to normal.
One more question, signature solar couldn't answer.... my batteries will show a alarm anytime they get below 25%. I don't care because everything is working as is should, is this normal on the eg4's?

Lol, (don't push any buttons) thanks for the replys... I am using lifpo4 batteries.
Bob, are you referring to high voltage from solar? I am only running about 144v max.
Shopman, I don't get any error codes at all, but I did hear it beeping, once. Before I could get to it, everything was back to normal.
One more question, signature solar couldn't answer.... my batteries will show a alarm anytime they get below 25%. I don't care because everything is working as is should, is this normal on the eg4's?
I thought that the low voltage cutoff was 20% on those batteries. Are these lifepower4, or LL?
If lifepower4 one led lit, can be anything below 25%.

I thought that the low voltage cutoff was 20% on those batteries. Are these lifepower4, or LL?
If lifepower4 one led lit, can be anything below 25%.
It has a low cutoff voltage of 20%???
I have seen my LL run down to 10%. Normally I run the down to 20% every night.

It has a low cutoff voltage of 20%???
I have seen my LL run down to 10%. Normally I run the down to 20% every night.
That's when mine used to cutoff.
Maybe it was the communications setting.
Now that I think about it, that's probably what it was.
Because it never actually needed to be reset.

Guys, thanks for the reply's tonight. I was getting frustrated.
I think I'll ditch the communication's also, seems to be a headache. Kinda sucks though, and it seems like S.S. was pushing me that way too.

Communications was nice, before I knew how to set it up myself. But, it's very limiting.

Communications was nice, before I knew how to set it up myself. But, it's very limiting.
It's only limiting if the battery is sending the Inverter limited Generic Information.
When the Battery and Inverter both have software inside that are made to work with each other it becomes a simple set and forget system that always works perfectly. The problem is that very few of these companies selling products in the lower price range seem to have an interest in doing it the right way.

Back