diy solar

diy solar

Grundfos 10 SQ07 Well Pump…Just Awesome

There are 2" deep well pumps. Maybe "deep" is relative, at least submersible and good beyond 32'
Some dirt cheap ones ($100 range) and I saw some $k range ones before, but not a lot of choices.
Also jack pumps, which seem ideal. They work to any depth, look like an oil derrick. I haven't seen them advertised lately.
A hand well pump is a jack pump. Counterbalance and motorize?

Either jet or deep pump could deliver pressurized water. I'd rather fil a tank at optimum (for efficiency) or PV direct speed during daylight, and have small boost pump to house for pressure including at night. Could run off a 12V battery.

I have been pondering taking a regular well pump and replacing the motor with a DC motor, these motor frames are standard sizes.

Or 3-phase and use VFD. But control (turn on and then enable) a bit more complex.
I did that for pool.

I have a jet pump on a 2" well x 80' deep. It goes into an 80 gal pressure tank that kicks on at 30psi and off to 50psi. The jet pump is killing me. Too many amps on startup, external soft start ineffective. The well guy tells me to go with a submersible pump I need to drill a 4" well. Is that correct and do you have a pressure pump between your pump and the pressure tank? I guess I'm asking for your design data from well to tank?
I have a 6” well drilled in the 1980 now with the Grundfos SQ7 at 70’ feet deep. Goes to a pressure tank (40/60psi) about 60 feet away from well. I was designing home backup/inverter around the well pump before. With the Grundfos I don’t need to do that, just need the run capacity.

COULD SOMEONE recommend a Grundfos 120 vac pump? I have been looking at Grundfos and trying to figure out which one to buy. I would be using it on grid most of the time until a power outage and then I would use it off a 3000 watt inverter (6000 watt surge) / 3072 wh capacity battery bank. My well is 4" casing. 79 feet to water. My current pump sits at 110' deep and feeds a 50 gallon pressure tank in the well house that sits about 40 feet from my house. Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

COULD SOMEONE recommend a Grundfos 120 vac pump?
You are probably looking at about a "5 SQE05-180"

if you know what flow rate you are after (probably 6-7 GPM)?

you can use your 79ft of static head, or the full 110' depending on how your well draws down when you pump from it. That and the nominal length of pipe to a distant fixture you hope to get that full flow at (a bathtub?) and run it through this:

Then use that total head (static and dynamic) to run this selector.

If you buy it through a supplier any reputable one of them will help with sizing for no cost as well. I would get some quotes but I wouldn't expect a well pump supplier to be any more than random internet sales - most of them have internet storefronts anyway.

I would give aqua science a call. They are awesome and where I got mine from.

Back