diy solar

diy solar

Half price electric cars

If you want a real sale price their stock value is down about 99%.

Perhaps soon to be worthless?

I wouldn’t be surprised if bankruptcy happens and then remaining inventory would be sold to satisfy creditors.

Hopefully some angel investors can salvage the company intact. Time will tell 🙁

Last edited:
A car is worth nothing with no manufacturer. Ask Saab owners how their values held up. Hell my brother pre ordered a Ford Lightning it is the biggest POS on the planet and the Ford dealers won’t even take it on trade towards a diesel F series… It’s worthless…

A car is worth nothing with no manufacturer. Ask Saab owners how their values held up. Hell my brother pre ordered a Ford Lightning it is the biggest POS on the planet and the Ford dealers won’t even take it on trade towards a diesel F series… It’s worthless…
I imagine it's a bit different with electric cars. But my Ford edge is 4 years old, never been to a dealer. My wife's Dodge Durango is 9 years old, only been to a garage. Got our moneys worth with no support. Now, I also do get that without a company, there may not be parts for garages....

And I'm not at all suggesting anyone buy one, just amazed at the opportunity if someone wanted to take a risk.

@svetz

Are people not buying these due to misinformation?

Yikes though. Still not a good deal, especially on car built by a company that's about to go bankrupt. Thing will be a bricked paperweight in 3 years.

a Ford Lightning it is the biggest POS on the planet
My son in law loves his. Reasonable minds will differ. I think using hundreds of moving parts and thousands of small explosions is an outdated way to to move a vehicle. It is still very popular because change is hard. Time will tell where we end up.

@svetz

Are people not buying these due to misinformation?

Yikes though. Still not a good deal, especially on car built by a company that's about to go bankrupt. Thing will be a bricked paperweight in 3 years.
They don't yet make anything I want to buy. Not interested in an SUV.

Id like a deal on a used lightning...
Worthless sounds like a great price to me!

Instead of like airplanes that use one continuous explosion.
Turbines only have one moving part and my guess is they are more efficient and that is why we see them also being used in power generation. I don't yet see the future of aviation being propelled by electricity but small drones seem to work for short distances.

Turbines only have one moving part and my guess is they are more efficient and that is why we see them also being used in power generation. I don't yet see the future of aviation being propelled by electricity but small drones seem to work for short distances.
They need to bring back the turbine Chrysler...

No. Turbines have 100's of moving parts.

Point being expanding a gas by adding thermal energy to it is how most electricity is generated. The turbines capture this, turn it into mechanical energy and then into power.

The heat source could be geothermal, nuclear, coal, natural gas etc.

The electric car is less sophisticated than a gasoline car.

As if there is something sophisticated about running a car on batteries.
Exactly as you point out the fundamental technology has been around for over a hundred years. It is the ability to store energy which has made it economically feasible.
Resistance to change takes odd turns. In the early days of Rockefeller when his fortune depended on kerosene which was used for lighting, Rockefeller was opposed to the electric light bulb. Ironically gasoline was a worthless byproduct of kerosene refining. The Internal Combustion Engine changed those economics.

Exactly as you point out the fundamental technology has been around for over a hundred years. It is the ability to store energy which has made it economically feasible.
Resistance to change takes odd turns. In the early days of Rockefeller when his fortune depended on kerosene which was used for lighting, Rockefeller was opposed to the electric light bulb. Ironically gasoline was a worthless byproduct of kerosene refining. The Internal Combustion Engine changed those economics.

Point being, the change was going from electric to gas. Not the other around.

The first cars were electric as were many things.

Back