diy solar

diy solar

Half price electric cars

I did a VW conversion years ago. It is just four bolts on a motor adaptor and it connects to the transmission with no other support needed. If I had found a Manx without an engine I would have converted that,
I have several play toys. My wife wants me to convert one of them. I might be getting past the point of wanting to do another project.

There's no pure battery EV trucks in the 3/4 and 1 ton space i.e. f250/350/450

This was back in 2021, targeting 2025. Prob closer to 2030 in reality.

No because they can’t compete..

No, I never wanted bloated, gigantic, heavy electric vehicles. I can wait.
Sure you did.

We told you the battery technology wasn’t mature enough yet but you scream “ Do it anyway”

Batteries are heavy yes?

DOT and crash standards are tough yes?

Still wanting the Yugo I see.

Who in the world has made a DOT ready truck to compete?
Nobody.

Last edited:
Yes. Battery power density isn't there yet. So there aren't EV vehicles in all categories.
Exactly.

Which is what we have been saying.

The technology isn’t mature enough yet to mandate this nonsense.

On short delivery routes, Amazon is apparently saving a lot of money with their Rivian vans. I see them all the time. That is a niche that is working. I don't think it will replace the one ton Diesel any time soon,
The Rivian vans are awesome, big upgrade for the drivers from their standard ram pro master (and also Amazon mothership monitoring)

On short delivery routes, Amazon is apparently saving a lot of money with their Rivian vans. I see them all the time. That is a niche that is working. I don't think it will replace the one ton Diesel any time soon,
In California as a test.

Amazon can afford to waste whatever they want.

Here they use Mercedes Diesels.
See them daily.

NO Ev delivery vehicles.

What’s good for Short route California is not good for the rest of the world.

Sure you did.

We told you the battery technology wasn’t mature enough yet but you scream “ Do it anyway”

Batteries are heavy yes?

DOT and crash standards are tough yes?

Still wanting the Yugo I see.

Who in the world has made a DOT ready truck to compete?
Nobody.
They DO NOT MAKE A SMALL EV truck! They can't keep the Maveric pickup in stock, so obviously there is a market for small trucks. I don't need a new truck today, but if there was an EV equivalent to my Ranger I would go out and get one TODAY. It does not yet exist.

In California as a test.
From all reports the test is going well and Amazon considers it a permanent solution for markets with shorter delivdery routes. I also see Mercedes diesels and Ford Vans.
No public company can afford to waste money and be around for long. Amazon clearly sees economic and marketing advantages in their strategy.

Last edited:
In California as a test.

Here they use Mercedes Diesels.
See them daily.

NO Ev delivery vehicles.

What’s good for Short route California is not good for the rest of the world.
They are all over the country. Over 10,000 of them back in 2023:

They DO NOT MAKE A SMALL EV truck! They can't keep the Maveric pickup in stock, so obviously there is a market for small trucks. I don't need a new truck today, but if there was an EV equivalent to my Ranger I would go out and get one TODAY. It does not yet exist.
Nobody in the world makes a DOT,Etc,Etc,Etc
standard small EV truck.

Funny how I see maverick on eBay, Carmax all the time.

You should get one..

They are all over the country. Over 10,000 of them back in 2023:

Amazon is committed to decarbonizing its delivery fleet and has rolled out more than 10,000 custom electric delivery vans across the

Amazon can virtue signal all they want with their money.

From all reports the test is going well and Amazon considers it a permanent solution for markets with shorter delivdery routes. I also see Mercedes diesels and Ford Vans.

No public company can afford to waste money and be around for long. Amazon clearly sees economic and marketing advantages in their strategy.
Sure.

Virtue signaling.

They would drive mopeds if they thought it would advance EVs.

Bezos is right in that crowd.

Do a line audit and see what those cost vs diesel to replace entire fleet on a continuous basis.

Average share holder has no idea of operational cost.

Amazon is committed to decarbonizing its delivery fleet and has rolled out more than 10,000 custom electric delivery vans across the

Amazon can virtue signal all they want with their money.
You don't think the Rivian vans make sense over gas vans for quite a few routes? At least we can agree it is no longer a test in California.

Back