diy solar

diy solar

Heavy Duty Rated Battery Disconnect from SunFunKits

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Hi all good morning. I just realized that sunfunkits is selling battery disconnects that are being advertised at 250A up to 600V but these look like the same switches that are typically only rated up to 48V that's sold on Amazon. And the price SFK is quoting seems quite good. Do these look like they can really handle a nominal 48V battery? They can take up to a 1/0AWG cable but that's amps and not necessarily volts.

Probably a typo with an extra 0. Should be 60V. But either way, I wouldn't give SFK a penny.

0 to 60 vdc, just a typo and i Have two of them and never get hot when testing with heat gun.
No complaints here with SFK...... love their products.

0 to 60 vdc, just a typo and i Have two of them and never get hot when testing with heat gun.
No complaints here with SFK...... love their products.
Thanks for your feedback. When you did your testing, how much amps were going through the switches at the time? And yes, thinking about it, it does kinda make sense that that 600V was probably a typo.

Welcome, brand new member. (Or employee)
No, not any connections and I am too far to visit even, no sponser, no seeking benefits. Just a buyer, wanting the right batteries that meet my expectations. Yes, I am searching for threads and it would be weird to post before that. Wow, very suspicious forum from the responses. Hope this. isn't a trend.

No, not any connections and I am too far to visit even, no sponser, no seeking benefits. Just a buyer, wanting the right batteries that meet my expectations. Yes, I am searching for threads and it would be weird to post before that. Wow, very suspicious forum from the responses. Hope this. isn't a trend.
I think you'll find this forum is excellent and everyone is willing to help. I joined this forum in Jan 2022 not even knowing what a kilowatt hour was and now I'm building my own system with my own batteries thanks to the knowledge gained from members in this forum. That being said, given the timeline don't take it personal about the comment that was made. You'll find there is no other solar DIY forum like this one that will give you the detailed knowledge you need to DIY.

Thanks for your feedback. When you did your testing, how much amps were going through the switches at the time? And yes, thinking about it, it does kinda make sense that that 600V was probably a typo.
400 amps, using 4/0, however, I just changed the setup, added victron lynx in and adding 4 battery banks, plan is sfk 300hp amp each, to use 2/0, each line have it own disconnect. The lynx in mod for fuses (200a) and hook up to victron lynx 1000 and distributor and then to muliplus.

Fuse size/guage wire, can change, depending on our setting for charge and discharge parameters. Setup is in the shop on 48 x 16 inch mount, that will fit in nicely in the RV. Batteries will have their own sections. Oh yes, this is 12 system too.

400 amps, using 4/0, however, I just changed the setup, added victron lynx in and adding 4 battery banks, plan is sfk 300hp amp each, to use 2/0, each line have it own disconnect. The lynx in mod for fuses (200a) and hook up to victron lynx 1000 and distributor and then to muliplus.

Fuse size/guage wire, can change, depending on our setting for charge and discharge parameters. Setup is in the shop on 48 x 16 inch mount, that will fit in nicely in the RV. Batteries will have their own sections. Oh yes, this is 12 system too.
Nice, thanks.

If I'm mistaken, then I apologize. But, SFK has a bad reputation with the members here. And are known for sending people here to boost their name.
So, we tend to be suspicious when someone joins, and emidiatly starts praising them.

I have watch this whole forum on several subjects, not login for quite awhile. Years in fact. Watch years of Will video. Even found fault with some of his reviews, though I never commented or login. Never come across this yet with SFK.

Unless it like years and years ago and I wouldn't be surpirse it was about A & B cells issue, which is common with all suppliers. Many got screwed with the foreign cells false claims. Some were brazen enough to falsify the labels. It wouldn't surprise me, if SFK got rip off too, like the rest, and many cleaned this up, by doing due diligence and making the community aware of these foreign commercial actors. Our group bought 1200 amp of cells, still using it, however, it was B not A (false) and bought directly from china.

I do a search again to find any negative reports. So far I haven't come across one. No evidence so.....

Your apology is accepted.

Nice, thanks.
Let me know on your SFK project. Will do the same here if interested. Looking always for the best widget and anything to watch out for. Problem solving if any should appear. I am expecting high positive results.

I think you'll find this forum is excellent and everyone is willing to help. I joined this forum in Jan 2022 not even knowing what a kilowatt hour was and now I'm building my own system with my own batteries thanks to the knowledge gained from members in this forum. That being said, given the timeline don't take it personal about the comment that was made. You'll find there is no other solar DIY forum like this one that will give you the detailed knowledge you need to DIY.
I have monitor these forum for many years. I just didn't bother commented. New in that respect but not what on the forum. There is good and bad everwhere.

Let me know on your SFK project. Will do the same here if interested. Looking always for the best widget and anything to watch out for. Problem solving if any should appear. I am expecting high positive results.
It's not a SFK project per se. I'm building my own battery and was looking for a switch/disconnect per battery and found something on SFK's site that looked quite unrealistic in terms of the specs of the disconnect switch.

Back