diy solar

diy solar

Help with Multiplus and lights.

Cork Forest

Hi All
I have a strange problem and I wanted to see if anyone has a similar experience and could offer me some advice before I blame my multiplus.
I have a small off grid home with ever little power consumption.

I have 3 Led bulbs (they are 230v E27) wired in there own breaker.
every time another load kicks in Fridge or water pump the lights all flicker off and on only once and very quickly. its not a constant flicker.
It seems like it takes a second for the multiplus to provide enough power to everything.

the total power is much less than the multiplus is rated for, I have perfectly sized cables on DC and AC side.
I have tried with a lamp on different circuits and same thing happens.

Could it be the Led bulbs or could it be the inverter taking to long to provide power causing the dip or is this just normal and something I need to get use to.

Thank you all in advance.

I have a multiplus as part of my system and I can see the same flicker on some, but not all, of my led bulbs. I find that only centain leds flicker and others do not, must be how they are manufactured. My total power is less than the multiplus is rated for and the flicker seems less if I have more load on the multiplus. Try a different led manufacturer and see if that makes a difference. I love how the Victron system interconnect with each other and with a cerbo gx I can monitor what the system is doing from around the world.

I have a multiplus as part of my system and I can see the same flicker on some, but not all, of my led bulbs. I find that only centain leds flicker and others do not, must be how they are manufactured. My total power is less than the multiplus is rated for and the flicker seems less if I have more load on the multiplus. Try a different led manufacturer and see if that makes a difference. I love how the Victron system interconnect with each other and with a cerbo gx I can monitor what the system is doing from around the world.
Thank you so much I was hoping that was the case, I live in the middle on nowhere so getting new bulbs is quite a drive but now i know it could be that I will certainly make the effort and report back, I do not have the Cerbo gx yet as it was just out of budget but I will upgrade the system soon and it is on the top of my list. Have a lovely day.

Last edited:
Thank you so much I was hoping that was the case, I live in the middle on nowhere so getting new bulbs is quite a drive but now i know it could be that I will certainly make the effort and report back, I do not have the Cerbo gx yet as it was just out of budget but I will upgrade the system soon and it is on the top of my list. Have a lovely day.

Fridge or water pump starting power is much higher than its rated power, when we start the fridge or motor, the battery voltage is pulled down instantaneously, which causes the bulb to flash. I guess this reason,and have interesting to know more update from you

Back