diy solar

diy solar

How to tell if EVE cells are A or B, and does it really matter?

I agree with this but many sellers have the ability to grade thier products based upon critera they can judge such as capacity, where they bought them and how long theyve been sitting and physical condition (bloated etc) so thier grading system may or may not have SOME relevance... For example I can buy energizer AA batteries at CVS and pay $4 for a 2 pack with an epiration dat of 2028.... or I can buy the same 2 pack at the dollar store for $1.25 with an expiration date of 2024.. They are both new and put out the correct voltage but not in the same condition even though the manufacturer did not grade them differently. (other than an expiration date)
Perhaps the expiration date is the only critical criteria for a buyer to consider. And its done by the manufacturer, not the retail seller.

Perhaps the expiration date is the only critical criteria for a buyer to consider. And its done by the manufacturer, not the retail seller.
but many sellers have multiple options... have you never seen a seller put older batteries on sale? My point was some sellers can have cells that for some reason or another are better that they sell for more than others the bottom line is it may not be as simple as everyone wants to believe. there may be some cells that are better than others even though niether is automotive grade. a reseller might be privy to something we dont know.. they arent likely to say "hey these have been sitting in storage 2 years so we are going to offer them cheaper" or "we got these at auction super cheap"

but many sellers have multiple options... have you never seen a seller put older batteries on sale? My point was some sellers can have cells that for some reason or another are better that they sell for more than others the bottom line is it may not be as simple as everyone wants to believe. there may be some cells that are better than others even though niether is automotive grade. a reseller might be privy to something we dont know.. they arent likely to say "hey these have been sitting in storage 2 years so we are going to offer them cheaper" or "we got these at auction super cheap"
I was responding to a post about AA size batteries being sold in dime stores and pharmacies there. Sorry to see that you think I was speaking of LiFePO4 cells.

I was responding to a post about AA size batteries being sold in dime stores and pharmacies there. Sorry to see that you think I was speaking of LiFePO4 cells.
I was speaking of both... No reason you couldnt have the same situation with either. That was the point of using the situation as a metaphor. I have purchased car and golf cart batteries for projects such as golf carts or solar that were a day past thier expiration and on thier way back to be recycled.. $45 vs $150 they were on the shelf for the day prior. I dont think lifepo4 has such organized recyling practices. instead I think these cells find themselves being resold for less $ sometimes by unscrupulous sellers trying to pass them off as new or "grade A" sometimes they just end up on clearence or sold really cheap on aliexpress.

Last edited:
Most are actually buying FAILED 'Automotive Grade' LiFePO4 prysmatic cells.
Grade A and Grade B terminology is a fantacy of the chinese aftermarket (Gray Market) battery reseller.
These battery resellers can bless the cells they sell with either term, because there is no industrial standard for those two terms.
Grade 'A' and Grade 'B' are strictly marketing terms.
If this is the case then they must have some sort of internal definition for what A means and what B means that I'd like to hear.

Tomorrow I'm calling 18650batteries to ask them as a first time buyer I'd really like to know where I'm getting.

They seem more reputable so that's why I'm starting with them.

If this is the case then they must have some sort of internal definition for what A means and what B means that I'd like to hear.

Tomorrow I'm calling 18650batteries to ask them as a first time buyer I'd really like to know where I'm getting.

They seem more reputable so that's why I'm starting with them.
Good luck I heard it’s spotty getting them on the phone.

Before you order from 18650 you better make it clear to them that you are REQUIRING the test report before they complete your order. I'm not sure but recently no on is getting a test report from them any more and this is not acceptable.

I have been cheerleading for 18650 for almost 2 years (grade A cells only), but now not so much. I would say batteryhookup, ezealco, or if you need a large order sunfunkits will do a better job and they answer phones emails.

Now, rumor has it that 18650 may not be carrying as many prismatic in the future and would rather focus on ready to go batteries from there epoch line. Ezealco seems to be doing the same.

If I had to guess its because of the volatility of the cells pricing where retailers don't want to hold on to stock that will plummet in value in just a few months.

Ask them:

Are you going to give me the test report if I order cells form you and I want guarantee you will email it to me before you ship out my order.

Ask them:

Are you going to give me the test report if I order cells form you and I want guarantee you will email it to me before you ship out my order.
Perfect I will call and ask them that tomorrow and even state that to the Docan Power, talking with them strictly out of curiosity atm.

Ok good if you want to see more grade B shenanigans, I just posted about another one:

one thing common among all those fraudsters they never have the manufacturer test report.

Ok good if you want to see more grade B shenanigans, I just posted about another one:

one thing common among all those fraudsters they never have the manufacturer test report.
I asked Docan Power what you said to mention and was given this.

Also one from a few days ago:

I asked Docan Power what you said to mention and was given this.

That report Docan is giving is actually an Ezealco.com report:

look at the serials

This has been brought up before, Either Ezealco is Docan's Legitimate distribution channel , or they are the same company, but they always deny it. Fine we go by what the say, they are separate companies:

HOW THE HELL DO THEY BOTH HAVE the same report then?

Just another reason to avoid Docan who is just a multi-layer scam sandwhich.

Or maybe the cells coming form Docan are scam relasered cells that use the ezeal report as the master...

Perhaps I need to ditch ezealco.com as a recommended seller to because they refusal to ditch Docan...

Also one from a few days ago:
D

look at the serials

This has been brought up before, Either Ezealco is Docan's Legitimate distribution channel , or they are the same company, but they always deny it. Fine we go by what the say, they are separate companies:

Or maybe the cells coming form Docan are scam relasered cells that use the ezeal report as the master...

Perhaps I need to ditch ezealco.com as a recommended seller to because they refusal to ditch Docan...
Thanks for being patient with me. Trying to catch up to all this...

You think I should ask her if they are related to Ezealco before mentioning this? Or just mention this?

EDIT: I just mentioned that its the same report from there.

look at the serials

So how can you say that Ezelco is a “quality” reseller when it appears they are in bed with Docan?

Wouldn’t it be a mater of time before Ezelco offers cells that don’t pull capacity?

So how can you say that Ezelco is a “quality” reseller when it appears they are in bed with Docan?

Wouldn’t it be a mater of time before Ezelco offers cells that don’t pull capacity?

Because at the end of the day, when you buy from ezeal you will get a valid verifiable test report and cells with unaltered QR codes. Yes Ezealco has Docan problem. Sun Fun Kits has a Doxing problem, 18650 has a our reports are too sexy for you/phone problem. I'm sure batteryhookup has some problem too.

I can overlook these problems, because AT THE END OF THE DAY, you will get legitimate cells, with qr codes that have not been messed with, and with everyone else you don't.

Also there is Luyuan, but it comes with a wait.

I wish Ezeal would ditch Docan, but that isn't going to happen; so as long as the cells are legit I'll play along and pretend they are 2 companies...

Bold face liar, Avoid. If you buy from Docan you deserve what you get don't come on the forums crying later. You do know the Docan warehouse and ezeal warehouse is the same right? BTW so is https://lithicoretech.com/ all form the same warehouse on barker road.
No I didn't and this contact wouldn't tell me where the warehouse is until I purchased.

Was also asking if I could check the warehouse and hand select inventory but that was a no as well.

I have now asked about Proof of Purchase or Chain of Custody this should be a reasonable request right?
If they got it direct form EVE as they say then surly there is a receipt indicating the cells that were bought from EVE?

Just practicing my "Grilling" of the truth with this Docan Power rep to practice for 18650 tomorrow.

Back