diy solar

diy solar

How would you wire this? Battery to inverter/charger

Rhombeus

Looking for advice on how you would wire from batteries to inverter/charger in this situation. 1. Batteries -> 2. Victron Lynx distributor (75 or 100 amp mega fuses) -> 3. disconnect or breaker -> 4. disconnect or breaker -> 5. bus bar -> 6. Victron Quatro 3000w. Components 1-3 will be in a battery cabinet and then a 10 foot run to components 4-6. Wiring for components 1-4 will be 1/0, which I know is overkill for the load, but it means that I don't have to rewire when I add a second inverter. Now here is the question - for components 4-6 do I just continue to use 1/0, or drop down to 4 AWG knowing it will have to be rewired later anyway. Note: For the breakers I am having difficulty finding non-polarized 2 pole breakers that can handle up to 65 v dc. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

What is the system voltage?
how many batteries?
What capacity per battery?
What chemistry?

Last edited:
Batteries are 4 x 3.1 kwh chevy volt modules (NMC). Each battery runs from 56v - 64.8v. Going into a fireproof cabinet.

Batteries are 4 x 3.1 kwh chevy volt modules (NMC). Each battery runs from 56v - 64.8v. Going into a fireproof cabinet.
I suggest lynx_power_in<->shunt<->lynx_distributor in the battery cabinet.
Run the inverter wires to the battery cabinet.

For each battery use 4 awg wire and an 150 amp mrbf fuse as close as possible to the battery positive

For the inverters use 1/0 awg with a 250 amp mega fuse

Thanks.. any suggestions for a battery cabinet disconnect? I am having trouble finding a dc disconnect that can handle the voltage range.

Back