diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

.....and of course that couldn't the end of the story right? ....

Solar Assistant and the Raspberry Pi seem to be randomly disconnecting from the battery and I have to go to configuration and disconnect/reconnect.... :(

...and so...after all that....I've switched back to 'inverter values' which at least doesn't disconnect every little bit...
:confused::mad::oops:
Well that's not good. I had an issue today where the PV was dropping every so often but not regularly and it would cause the inverter to switch to grid. Ugh!

also if you plugged in usb after starting the system, you would have to reboot.......same with the HDMI port.......once the reboot happens our touch screen HDMI monitor will work as well
Hmmm, odd, didn't have to do that with usb to pc on mine when I used it

Looks like my Sungold Battery communication cable has shipped...or at least is 'fulfilled' ... yep... coming USPS...expected delivery Saturday...
That's good, they must like you they ship quicker to you lol

follow up on cables.... I just 'built' a DB9-> RJ11 from one of the non-working cables I bought while trying to get this to work and success! will post a better wiring/connection/drawing/photo in a bit...but the connections listed above are correct (disregard the colors depending on what you are working with!) just make sure the pin assignments match/connect.

well here ya go nasty wiring diagram:

View attachment 178082
Just saw this, I will try when I get home. If I ever get through the forever line at the pharmacy ?

Well that's not good. I had an issue today where the PV was dropping every so often but not regularly and it would cause the inverter to switch to grid. Ugh!
You should be able to adjust/change that in your settings....all dependent on details and what you are wanting to do of course!
Mine is set to SBU mode... Solar Battery Utility( utility last resort and only if both others are not up to snuff)

That's good, they must like you they ship quicker to you lol
Oh no.... my initial order of Inverter and two batteries shipped within a week but one of the batteries got lost/delayed.... the second order of additional batteries was weeks and weeks! Gawd only knows how long the rack mount is going to take...hasn't been fulfilled yet and it's been over a week sitting there. OH and I love how they take your money right away and then ship later....

Me either....seems like @Sandiegoarea has got some weird shit going on. :) :) :)
no just experimenting. Bought a touch screen to mount next to the inverters for HDMI output, but SA said you cannot connect a cord before turning on device and 56KW battery system so that i dont have to whip out my phone all the time, plus it helps if wifi goes down like it does with SA, then i just tap the screen and boom see data

check voltage, i also have two growatt 12kw inverters, the difference is voltage, sungold wants the voltage above 200 normally to it works better and works perfectly at around 420volts. so when i had my 36 panels wired at lower for growatt, it wouldn' t hold during the day when it got cloudy. changed the string layout and runs like a champ

I started a ticket with SA, this thing won’t connect to inverter via usb anymore. I tried multiple cables, shut down everything etc. how do I wipe the sa install out and re install fresh? Do I need to flash the ssd to get to the setup wizard?

Attachments

• 9FE7EBF5-A592-4DB6-B49F-0118679499C1.png
    9FE7EBF5-A592-4DB6-B49F-0118679499C1.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 65A7CB3F-5524-4364-BA73-BB69FE8E9F06.png
    65A7CB3F-5524-4364-BA73-BB69FE8E9F06.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 3BA4B577-FFDC-423B-A0FD-5C5DCBF54E8E.png
    3BA4B577-FFDC-423B-A0FD-5C5DCBF54E8E.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 5
I started a ticket with SA, this thing won’t connect to inverter via usb anymore. I tried multiple cables, shut down everything etc. how do I wipe the sa install out and re install fresh? Do I need to flash the ssd to get to the setup wizard?
Cycle usb power, option under USB devices in SA.
Change USB port on pi and cycle usb power again if that doesn't fix it.
As a last resort change the ID number in the inverter.

Edit - disconnect and reconnect under configuration after cycling usb power.

Cycle usb power, option under USB devices in SA.
Change USB port on pi and cycle usb power again if that doesn't fix it.
As a last resort change the ID number in the inverter.
Done everything but the ID number thing can you elaborate on that

I'm new to SA so maybe someone else can better answer... I do want to know what ..why ..

The logs seem to show the usb to serial part of your cable having problems. I had the same issue log wise when I had a bad connection on the ethernet plug with the pi. Reseated the cable and it worked fine after that. With it finding it and disconnecting its dropping the connection. Either a bad connection (which you said you checked so not likely that) or the converter is going bad.

Mine is a serial to usb connector that then connects the cable that goes to the inverter. I'm not sure if yours is all made into one or not.

The logs seem to show the usb to serial part of your cable having problems. I had the same issue log wise when I had a bad connection on the ethernet plug with the pi. Reseated the cable and it worked fine after that. With it finding it and disconnecting its dropping the connection. Either a bad connection (which you said you checked so not likely that) or the converter is going bad.

Mine is a serial to usb connector that then connects the cable that goes to the inverter. I'm not sure if yours is all made into one or not.
I think he, like me is just using a standard USB cable to USB type a (printer type cable)

You can of course flash a microSD and start over....maybe ... I purchased just the software....so yeah I've got it, but not sure if you have it or access to it via the SA Website or not...

Back