diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

That one is easy. Set it to sub in place of sbu. It will run on the grid and charge the batteries. Leave it that way for 2 days or so and if they look ok balanced wise flip it back to sbu.
I cannot change number 6, it will not let me…it’s defaulting to SNU. Apparently I need to be in bypass mode, which I know nothing about x Also, I don’t even see SUB as an option. Did you mean CUB?

I cannot change number 6, it will not let me…it’s defaulting to SNU. Apparently I need to be in bypass mode, which I know nothing about x Also, I don’t even see SUB as an option. Did you mean CUB?
Oops, sorry yes, CUb.. but you might not even need that ... seems like I did though when I force charged from utility grid.

When you know those settings (and the setting number would be helpful too) for certain, please let me know! Thanks
See attached. @Kenny_ also found them in his post below.

Attachments

• IMG20240718163637.jpg
    IMG20240718163637.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 5
The manual has some discussion on the "Dry Contacts" for auto generator start and addresses several Menu Items that affect when the inverter will attempt to start the generator. In my manual it is 6.5

One of your issues may be that unlike most folks you do not have "Grid" power sitting at the grid input connection. The inverter would need to see this input before it can shift/use it. Once the generator is started and assuming low PV and battery I would hope the inverter would start using the generator/grid power. The inverter may also be very picky about the quality of the grid input (from generator) particularly if it is passed to the output. The inverter will attempt to "phase sync" it's output with the grid input and if the grid input (generator) has a THD (Total harmonic distortion) that is way out of spec the inverter may have issues, this is one reason EG4 created the EG4 Chargeinverter.

As far as open or closed loop; Closed loop will provide a more accurate "SOC" ONLY if you have occasionally fully charged the batteries to the point where the BMS balances cells and resets the SOC to 100% otherwise the BMS reported SOC will drift from accurate to inaccurate over time.

Could you point me to this? I don’t understand what this is yet.
Here you go.
You would set the inverter to use voltages to control instead of the BMS communications.
It was a thought that may allow you to change more settings. I'm not sure because I've never used communications.
If you decide to try them you'll need to unlpug the BMS com cable, don't panic if you get some faults until all the settings are changed.

No, they are connected currently
If you are in USER mode you should unplug the comm cable from the inverter. I'm not sure it actually matters, but just to be sure.
I've seen too many weird things with this Sungold equipment and particularly the software...

(That might even be what is keeping you from changing some of the values...dunno...)

If you are in USER mode you should unplug the comm cable from the inverter. I'm not sure it actually matters, but just to be sure.
I've seen too many weird things with this Sungold equipment and particularly the software...

(That might even be what is keeping you from changing some of the values...dunno...)
I unplugged it, but was still unable to change some settings…

This and the similar threads are too long. :) I've searched around a couple of times to try and find the settings that I posted and for the life of me can't find them... oh well... maybe I'll dig out my notes and retype them in ...

diy solar

diy solar
Back