diy solar

diy solar

Inverter/charger brands to consider before purchasing

dgd4040

Just looking for brands I should consider before purchasing an inverter/charger for a 280ah 24v Lifepo4 pack for our small trailer. I was aware of Victron but didn't know about Samlex until I read about it here (thanks @Steve_S ). Looking for something in the 2000w range and sine wave output. Any other solid brands I should look at? Any brands I should avoid? thanks

Renogy, Trace, Growatt...??

At 24 volts the only other option I would consider is Magnum and it would be my third choice behind Samlex and Victron.
For a small travel trailer you probably want 120VAC and not 120/240VAC, confirm?
Samlex evo would be my choice.

As I understand it the Growatt is popular with 48v residential folks.

I too am looking at 24v, as an upgrade on my current system. I’m not convinced of the benefits of a combined inverter/charger over a separate component system. Following.

Just looking for brands I should consider before purchasing an inverter/charger for a 280ah 24v Lifepo4 pack for our small trailer. I was aware of Victron but didn't know about Samlex until I read about it here (thanks @Steve_S ). Looking for something in the 2000w range and sine wave output. Any other solid brands I should look at? Any brands I should avoid? thanks

Renogy, Trace, Growatt...??

My opinion is that a 24 volt inverter for a trailer that is currently 12 volt is a waste of money. Unless you need more than 3000 watts of inverter, you can implement a 12 volt inverter and save yourself some time and money.

The combined inverter/charger is nice because you don't have to worry about coordinating a converter when on shore power. The inverter/charger takes care of all that for you.

Back