diy solar

diy solar

Inverter not reading SOC

marlinb619

Hi Guys,

I'm using 6 batteries EG4 batteries and 2 of the SP6548 inverters split phase. (attached manuals to this email)
I'm following the manual and using the ethernet cable, but I can't get to make them communicate with each other. I would like for the inverters to read Sate of Charge on the batteries. I would appreciate any tips or ideas?

1.jpeg2.jpeg

Attachments

• Battery EG4 (48V:100AH) Manual.pdf
    746.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Inverter Manual.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 0
I’m not sure if the SGP inverters have the eg4 protocol needed for battery communication. You might have to look into the eg4 communication hub. I thought that was supposed to allow you to connect to other inverters that don’t have the eg4 protocol.

Also, you need a special cable for battery comms, you can’t use any old network cable. It requires a special pin out.

I’m not sure if the SGP inverters have the eg4 protocol needed for battery communication. You might have to look into the eg4 communication hub. I thought that was supposed to allow you to connect to other inverters that don’t have the eg4 protocol.

Also, you need a special cable for battery comms, you can’t use any old network cable. It requires a special pin out.
Signature solar only has Communication Hub for the LifePower4 batteries, not for the EG4 batteries.
My inverters doesn't support my EG4 battery protocol.

So I guess I'm stuck with what I have :(
Thank you for the help. I guess it was my fault for not checking before building my first solar project.

Signature solar only has Communication Hub for the LifePower4 batteries, not for the EG4 batteries.
My inverters doesn't support my EG4 battery protocol.

So I guess I'm stuck with what I have :(
Thank you for the help. I guess it was my fault for not checking before building my first solar project.

I am not sure if trhe EG4 batteries are only capable of EG4 protocol... would seem limiting if so..

One thing to try;
Make sure you have the cable correctly wired for RS485 communication and try the PYL format battery on the inverter settings.

Below is a map from Ruixu for RS485 communication between battery and inverter.

cable map:
1697143234987.png

here is a reference video

I took the advice of those on the forum and got a Victron 500A shunt, and V.E. Direct cable to Solar Assistant.
I can control the inverters from SA and the shunt is very accurate at monitoring the ESS SOC. I am super happy with it.

The EG4 LLv2 batteries support eG4, victron, growatt, megarovo, and deye protocols. Not sure what the Lifepower4 batteries support

Back