- Dec 6, 2021
52.5% of nameplate
75% of derated expectations
* 1 panel destroyed by wind
* 1 panel punctured by power drill
* 3 panels binned our for very low output
* Visual appearance NOT good indicator of performance!
I have 2 panels in my back yard. One hit hard with a hammer and the other uniformly spider cracked. The Hammer-Panel outperforms the better looking panel
* Voltage - not good indicator
* Short Circuit - good binning indication
Even tho they will show perfect open circuit voltage and very high short circuit current, actual mppt output is much lower. 50% - 70% of nameplate is a good rule of thumb.