diy solar

diy solar

Ironridge XR1000 spacing?

GregM

I am using the Ironridge ground mounting system.
The panels are 40.86614" x 69.09449".
I can't seem to find a measurement that tells me how far in from the ends of the panel the XR1000s should be. This would be the 69.09449" overall dimension.
On their drawings it looks to be around 12" from each end, but I would like that guess to be a little more accurate if possible.

Help?

I am using the Ironridge ground mounting system.
The panels are 40.86614" x 69.09449".
I can't seem to find a measurement that tells me how far in from the ends of the panel the XR1000s should be. This would be the 69.09449" overall dimension.
On their drawings it looks to be around 12" from each end, but I would like that guess to be a little more accurate if possible.

Help?
Look up your panel manufacturer website. Each panel model should have installation manual on manufacturer website. Usually the rails are between 6"-14" from edge.

Hello new to the forum. Thanks to all the members and Will for the fantastic info and experience that is found here.

I may be able to answer the OP's question.
I am also preparing for a new ground mount racking system made by the same manufacturer but a different line than the Ironridge.
My mount is the ULA line which is almost the same and the north to south spacing recommendation is 20% - 60% - 20% of the width.
I don't believe the holes in the panels are in play anymore because of the rail mount.
The east to west spacing is a little more arbitrary depending on length of the total array and the support piping. I was told that a rule of thumb is there should be no less than a set of feet for each row of panels.

Alot more info can be found at the Unirack site under the ULA instructions.

Hope this helps

On their drawing it shows 2 dimensions between what look like mounting holes on the back side of the panels.
One is 1300mm and the other is 950mm.
Subtracting that from the overall dimension gives 15.84646" from either end and 8.956695" from either end.
Measurement with a tape confirms these locations.

Using the 950mm dimension would give a spacing of 37.40157" of the XR1000 mounts.

Blowing up the microscopic print on the PDF file for these panels show a notation of Installation Holes on the 950mm dimension.
I guess those are the ones I want to use.
mounting holes.jpg

Back