diy solar

diy solar

Is my Renogy battery cooked?

The 1.2amp charger would actually recharge any lead acid battery it just takes longer. The 4amp one will charge one back up fairly fast. The repair part and the charge time are not really connected since how long it takes to "fix" a battery depends on how bad off it is not how charged it is if that makes sense.

But yes the 4amp one charges a battery back up overnight easily from my experience with it.

Thanks, good to know. The NOCO would reach “full charge” in 15 minutes on a dead battery. Obviously not full charge. At that point it would trickle charge only and it would take weeks to fully charge it. So your charger sounds like a good replacement for the NOCO.

I have both a few different noco chargers and the pulsetech ones. The pulsetech works better but the noco is a good charger too. The pulsetech is NOT compatible with lithium batteries which is not what we have been talking about but I wanted to point that out in case you get one and run into that situation.

So, i guess i'll try my Harbor Freight charger again and leave it on there? Again, not sure if it turns off at full. Looks like HF doesnt make that exact model any more and has an updated version. I may try the 50A emergency start for 30 mins at a time and watch the temp of the battery.

fyi - this is the one i have
and this is the current model (now $39, not bad!)

So, i guess i'll try my Harbor Freight charger again and leave it on there? Again, not sure if it turns off at full. Looks like HF doesnt make that exact model any more and has an updated version. I may try the 50A emergency start for 30 mins at a time and watch the temp of the battery.

fyi - this is the one i have
and this is the current model (now $39, not bad!)

Since that’s not a lithium specific charger, it might work but might damage your charger. The 50A mode only supplies 50A for a few seconds, not really useful at all for charging a battery. Make sure any sort of automatic equalization or repair mode is not enabled.

Back