diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS Firmware Updates?

packrat1969

Is anybody aware of a repository with the files necessary for upgrading the firmware of JBD BMS units? I have (2) JBD-SP04S028A-L4S-150A BMSs, both made on November 6, 2021, and list the installed firmware as Beta 2.0. I do have issues with the balancing function not always following the set parameters, and would like it fixed. Anyone with the same BMS willing to compare their unit's info?

Wondering as well... I know in later versions eg a hardware pin is introduced, where as on older units you couldn't set this.

I have asked this in the past with my contact at JiaBaiDa, but wasn't succesfull unfortunately (their English is basicly none and any question with a different answer than a quote or yes/no is usually not understood.....)

Has anyone updated the JBD bms firmware? i have 4 different jbd versions.

80A SP04S028
manufactured in 2022
-everything works great!

200A SP04S034
manufactured in 2021
-everything works great!

150A SP04S034
manufactured in 2020
-everything else works great but doesn't count battery cycles.

150A AP21S001
manufactured in 1999!
-only works in Xiaoxiang applications, (I miss overkill and liontron)
-the minimum balance start voltage is 15mV (in others you can get below that)
-reading of voltage and current is incorrect (cannot be corrected even with a computer program).

Clearly, the oldest has the most complaints. Is it possible to update the firmware of these or is there another way to fix the problems? I've asked Jiabaida about it, but I can't get a direct answer from there.

Any update on this?
I have 2x 200A SP04S034 in parallel. One with Beta 2, other with 20. They behave differently.
I guess if you want to change FW, via RS485 or UART and PC? If you can get firmware.

Its been a year, and I haven't had any luck in finding any JBD BMS firmware updates. I think that by the time they release a product, their engineering team has already moved on to other things. Why fix an existing product when you can just sell the public a new one...

packrat

Why fix an existing product when you can just sell the public a new one

And why deal with potential support nightmares when an update goes wrong. Firmware updates aren't exactly a trivial thing to implement (especially over the air to a limited micro).

You will likely have to flash the microcntroller directly. I know where the programming pins on a JK are (they use an STM32 or clone of it) but I don't remember what they use on a JBD. You could technically download the firmware from one board and flash it on the other.

Back