diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS Deal AliExpress

My experience with 18650 has been hit or miss. Good on the first purchase, not so much on the second. Probably not buying from them again.
This is my third or forth buy so far. No issues. Cells are great physically and all reading same voltage. Just finished unboxing each and testing. Ordered on Wednesday and delivered today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 15
Which cells? Not sure if I'll wait a while and maybe the price drops further, or pull the trigger. Some of the new aio also have my interest.

Which cells? Not sure if I'll wait a while and maybe the price drops further, or pull the trigger. Some of the new aio also have my interest.
I’ve also ordered a eg4 6000xp to pair with these batteries and the non-inverter JK. Also have a m5 stack atom-lite CAN setup to try pylontech comms between 6000xp and non-inverter JK. Should be a cool setup. Hoping it works!

I’ve also ordered a eg4 6000xp to pair with these batteries and the non-inverter JK. Also have a m5 stack atom-lite CAN setup to try pylontech comms between 6000xp and non-inverter JK. Should be a cool setup. Hoping it works!
Complicated? Currently using SolarAssistant to monitor everything but the batteries and aio do not talk.

I bought the components for about $20. It only works with one battery, can't string multiple together...for now. Took a few minutes to solder up and if you know how to work with esphome firmware and YAML configs, really easy. Good support from the crew building it. There are also other options out there by adding a CAN HAT to a Raspberry Pi. Here is the link: https://github.com/Sleeper85/esphome-jk-bms-can
There is confirmation it works with LuxPower as well as others, will know soon enough if that works with EG4 6000xp version. It plugs right into the GPS port on the JK.

IMG_4464.jpeg

Literally just received another 10kw 15 minutes ago from 18650battery for my 2a balancer 200amp JKs I got a week ago. I do regret not getting the new jk inverter bms now since the kinks seemed to be worked out.
I'd still let the new comms version bake for a few more months to be sure it's solid. Versus the "proven" old design

I'd still let the new comms version bake for a few more months to be sure it's solid. Versus the "proven" old design
Agree. Time will tell. Plan on setting up these new batteries as 2p16s with the older JK 200amp, 2a balancing. This DIY comms project I mentioned above is pretty cool with esphome. It does work with 6000xp. Had it running on a small pack.

I have no use for closed loop. So, I don't care if they ever get that one working.
If anything, it's just confusing everyone about the reliability of the original.

I have no use for closed loop. So, I don't care if they ever get that one working.
If anything, it's just confusing everyone about the reliability of the original.
Yeah. But is fun to mess with. I do like SOC setting better than voltage simply due to voltage sag on large loads and a charge phase happening when it’s really not needed.

The real reason I’m doing a 2p16s pack is I forgot to order additional +/- Busbar for parallel packs for my new batteries.

I do like SOC setting better than voltage
Solar Assistant gives % SOC.
simply due to voltage sag on large loads and a charge phase happening when it’s really not needed.
That's due to smaller battery capacity.
I don't have any sag in voltage.
The real reason I’m doing a 2p16s pack is I forgot to order additional +/- Busbar for parallel packs for my new batteries.
I would wait for the bus bars. But I'm a big fan of redundancy.

Can I use my two in series with two 24V batteries for a 48V config? Thinking of smaller more manageable/moveable modules versus one behemoth 16 cell 48V unit.

Well, may have to order another one as it looks like the old (<2yr) jkb2a24s20p no longer wants to communicate via rs485. No luck getting it to communicate. Bluetooth connects with the phone and everything looks to be working, just no comms with SolarAssistant. RS485 still works on all the other jks.

Anyone have something to try?

Well, may have to order another one as it looks like the old (<2yr) jkb2a24s20p no longer wants to communicate via rs485. No luck getting it to communicate. Bluetooth connects with the phone and everything looks to be working, just no comms with SolarAssistant. RS485 still works on all the other jks.

Anyone have something to try?
Have you tried swapping adapters and cables?

Back