diy solar

diy solar

Lithium Valley Batteries

roleo

I'm considering these batteries for my boat, has anybody used these or can someone with more lithium knowledge offer an opinion. I've attached the datasheet

Attachments

• LiFePO4 Battery 48V 200AH with 200A Datasheet by Lithium Valley.pdf
    478.4 KB · Views: 107
Looks like a very solid battery with a built-in BMS. I don't have any experience with the manufacturer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 9.47.56 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 9.47.56 am.png
    321.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 9.48.24 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 9.48.24 am.png
    486.1 KB · Views: 30
The specs look good although I don’t understand why the BMS cutoff is so low at 36.8 v.

Hopefully that is adjustable.

What are they quoting you with DDP delivery?

Unfortunately I have no experience or direct knowledge of the company.

The specs look good although I don’t understand why the BMS cutoff is so low at 36.8 v.

Hopefully that is adjustable.

What are they quoting you with DDP delivery?

Unfortunately I have no experience or direct knowledge of the company.
I'll ask the question, freight is by sea so it'll take a while but it's only $133 from China to Australia so worth the wait.

I'm considering these batteries for my boat, has anybody used these or can someone with more lithium knowledge offer an opinion. I've attached the datasheet
85kg can't be right ? That is a very tempting price, let me know if you order and the total price
I am also is Australia.

Last edited:
Mine was ordered via Texas and they take PayPal.

if you are asking me.
Yes, do you have a delivery date yet? I'm just concerned with buying direct from China, been burned before. I can't find anything negative about them so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

To be clear, I am buying through a Texas company here:

When I ordered July 1 I could get an in stock one for $1500 or wait a couple months for one from China for $1250.

So it’s supposed to be here by the end of August. I couldn’t get comfortable buying direct from China so this was my choice.

This prompted me to reach out for a more definite delivery date since I paid for the battery on July 1st.

Today I was given an estimated delivery date of the first or second week of September.

Definitely longer than stated at the beginning but I do have PayPal behind me if this doesn't go well.

I like the batteries just not sure about the factory set BMS, it's not adjustable which is fine as long as it is set up correctly. They asked what sort of inverter I'm using, I said Victron Quattro 230V 5000 or Multiplus (still undecided). They said great their batteries work well with Victron, they sent back these figures:
Max continuous discharge current is 200A
Charge cut -off 58.4V
Discharge cut-off 43.2V
I was thinking and base this on just from reading other posts that I would set up the batteries range to work from 80%-20% for longevity, I'm not sure if that's necessary or not.

Over at another forum dedicated to boats, a couple people have used the Lithium Valley batteries and recommend them. I guess there is a dealer in either Singapore or Malaysia that has been selling them for a while.

Over at another forum dedicated to boats, a couple people have used the Lithium Valley batteries and recommend them. I guess there is a dealer in either Singapore or Malaysia that has been selling them for a while.
I've ordered some so I hope you're right :)

This prompted me to reach out for a more definite delivery date since I paid for the battery on July 1st.

Today I was given an estimated delivery date of the first or second week of September.

Definitely longer than stated at the beginning but I do have PayPal behind me if this doesn't go well.

Did you get your batteries?

Back