diy solar

diy solar

Luxpower hybrid inverter technical support

Hi All

This is a question on functionality for anyone with the hybrid inverter and are using/have it configured for the functionality of standby backup power (EPS) mode.....

Q1: It's been configured via local connection mode for standby then EPS has been enabled - is it a requirement that the inverter needs to be power cycled to fully enable this functionality?

Q2: Without power cycling the inverter, the supplier installed inverter backup power outlet mains double socket is already live and supplying power to what I want powered in a grid failure scenario (a small NAS) - in normal working mode where the grid is available should I expect to see a line on the app/web status page between the inverter and the underneath lower standby icon?

Q3: Again in normal grid power available mode, should I expect to see a reading of what power is being used by the standby power (EPS) circuit - but this power usage value may not be available as in grid available mode, the power is effectively bypassing any inverter functionality other than sensing if it's there from what I understand on how the inverter works?

It just seems weird that as the inverter is already supplying this backup circuit power (although effectively passively in grid available mode) it doesn't show this on the status page - just thought it may have still indicated something.....

I'd read that the inverter may well require a power cycle for this functionality to be 100% enable, just wondering on other people's experiences.....

EDIT: Doesn't matter, I understand now that this line and power value on the monitor will only show when the grid is detected as missing, hay-ho every day's a school day ...

Last edited:
Hi friends, if you have any questions about Luxpower inverter, please post them here, we will try to reply as soon as we can.
Hi Grace,
I'm still trying to figure out all the setting on the 12k. I use the AC couple for my solar input and couldn't figure out how to prevent overcharging the batteries. The manual shows a setting for "Charge Last".1690321256043.png

I now see "Charge Last" on the 12k LCD screen, but that option isn't available on either the app nor the webpage. Why is that option only available on the LCD?
I using LCD v8. Is v8 the latest available?

I use the AC couple for my solar input and couldn't figure out how to prevent overcharging the batteries.
Surely this is a setting in the charge tab not advanced. You set the maximum voltage and tell it the battery capacity.

Surely this is a setting in the charge tab not advanced. You set the maximum voltage and tell it the battery capacity.
The "Charge Last" setting doesn't appear on either the "charge tab" nor the "advance tab" of my app nor website. Notice below the screen shots of my app charge tab and advance tab have no "Charge Last" option. Can you show me screenshots where "Charge Last" appear on your app or web page?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230726-115000_LuxPowerView.jpg
    Screenshot_20230726-115000_LuxPowerView.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230726-114848_LuxPowerView.jpg
    Screenshot_20230726-114848_LuxPowerView.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 6
There is no charge last setting. Set volts and current for charging per your battery recommendation

There is a charge last setting on the LCD screen on the front of my 12k. See my original post.
"Charge Last: The PV power will not be used to charge the battery until the export power
to the grid reaching the limitation. (PV to Load > PV to grid > PV to battery)."

From this more advanced guide to settings document.
Does not apply to over charging though.

Hi, I have the luxpower inverter and it is working quite well! My problem is that it is on the earliest firmware and I cannot seem to get a reply from my vendor, GSL Energy, for the LCD update files (and presumably after the LCD update the firmware update itself.) I would love to get AC coupling working properly before winter sets in. Is there a way that I can manage this myself? Thanks!

Hi, I have the luxpower inverter and it is working quite well! My problem is that it is on the earliest firmware and I cannot seem to get a reply from my vendor, GSL Energy, for the LCD update files (and presumably after the LCD update the firmware update itself.) I would love to get AC coupling working properly before winter sets in. Is there a way that I can manage this myself? Thanks!
@Luxpower_Gilbert

New to the forum but wondered if anyone has used an API to link their LuxPower inverter to a data feed? I’m looking at a few options to charge the batteries at a preferred unit rate depending on forecast weather conditions

New to the forum but wondered if anyone has used an API to link their LuxPower inverter to a data feed? I’m looking at a few options to charge the batteries at a preferred unit rate depending on forecast weather conditions
It is solar assistant capable.

Solar assistant can read all of the information from the lux power inverters and is the best way to do it as far as I am concerned. However at the moment you cannot control any settings in the lux power inverters, there is a note that it will be coming soon.
There is also an integration for home assistant but I haven't used it and don't know anymore about it.

Hello All, We have installed a Lux 12k Hybrid inverter with 6 UP5000 lithium batteries. We live in Panama and our installer does not have a lot of experience with LuXPower. We would like to setup the inverter to use solar first, then batteries, then grid and finally a Generac generator. Our electricity in Panama is not very clean, so we want to limit to times when we use power from the grid.

We would like to charge the batteries to 100% during the day from either solar or the grid and then discharge down to 10% when the sun is down. If we discharge down to 10% and the sun is still down, then we would need to switch to the grid until the sun is up.

I have read the manual, searched online and watched youtube videos for help, but we are not able to get this correct. Does anyone have a location for detailed newbie setup instructions? I am a little technical and can understand most settings, but need a map with instructions to follow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brent

Hello All, We have installed a Lux 12k Hybrid inverter with 6 UP5000 lithium batteries. We live in Panama and our installer does not have a lot of experience with LuXPower. We would like to setup the inverter to use solar first, then batteries, then grid and finally a Generac generator. Our electricity in Panama is not very clean, so we want to limit to times when we use power from the grid.

We would like to charge the batteries to 100% during the day from either solar or the grid and then discharge down to 10% when the sun is down. If we discharge down to 10% and the sun is still down, then we would need to switch to the grid until the sun is up.

I have read the manual, searched online and watched youtube videos for help, but we are not able to get this correct. Does anyone have a location for detailed newbie setup instructions? I am a little technical and can understand most settings, but need a map with instructions to follow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brent
@Luxpower_Gilbert

Back