diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

Brucey, the look your cat is giving, leads me to believe you have NO OPTION, order another box "or else"...
Seriously. Serious Business there ! LMAO
View attachment 226167
Yeah he was doing his Jedi mind thing there. This is not the battery box you are looking for...fortunately a bug distracted him shortly afterwards and he left voluntarily.

This is my latest quote with BMS. She needs to add one more screen. Think it’s cheaper in the long run with all separators, cables, connectors, etc for $158 each.

With JK BMS:

***Product list:

2pcs box kit for 16S 105AH---$158*2=$316

2pcs JK-PB1A16S10P(100A) BMS (screen not included)---$66*2=$132

1pcs JK 4.3inch screen—$25

1pcs RS485 USB adapter---$4.5

***Freight to US(xxxxx):$129

By sea,DDP,50-60days to arrive

***So,the total price is:

$316+$132+$25+$4.5+$129=$606.5
Yeah having all the sense pcbs and harnesses etc all set to connect would be nice. You could prob easily fit 32 100Ah cells and two BMS if you wanted in this size box, but not easy to move around without adding castors.

Last edited:
Such a tease, Steve!
I hope one will be for a 12V case. Building both your 24V cases and the Luyuan's 12V steel case, the 12V case feels so crude and jimmy rigged (no compression, no holes for ports, no mount for BMS).
I am ordering screens for the 12V cases and I will have to cut out the hole for it and the communication wires.
Do you have room for a 8s case? I am putting two 304ah 12v in a 8s case. The fronts are already designed and I have received four of the 12 volt cases but haven’t started building them yet. Talk to Amy I gave her a drawing of this case and she had it made.

B7BF48A9-8155-4FDF-AF12-CB7BB82158F8.jpegBA647AA7-E9A8-414B-85A8-82CDA0699102.jpeg

Last edited:
How long does it take to get tracking information on shipments once Amy tells you that boxes have shipped?
So if she says they left the factory, that means it’s in the hands of the forwarder, the forwarder should generate tracking number/labels very shortly.

Those numbers will remain idle until they arrive state side and are offloaded and handed over to UPS, at that point they’ll start moving and you can track with estimated arrival dates.

Do you have room for a 8s case? I am putting two 304ah 12v in a 8s case. The fronts are already designed and I have received four of the 12 volt cases but haven’t started building them yet. Talk to Amy I gave her a drawing of this case and she had it made.

View attachment 226175View attachment 226178
No. Your cases look awesome, but I need a smaller form factor for my uses.

One 12V battery was in case there was a bad cell or BMS. So far all is good so it will be a backup power supply for outages to help my neighbors.

The other 12V battery is to replace the two 6V deep cycle batteries for my "house" battery in my RV. The new LFP 12V battery will have over 5 times the usable Wh as the two old batteries while maintaining a steady voltage, being over 30lbs lighter, no off gassing, lasting 4 times longer, having <1/10 idle storage loss, better monitoring, and slightly smaller.
I love these LFP batteries!
What's not to love?

It never ends. It's fun to have the latest and greatest but being anywhere near the leading edge doesn't last very long. There is always something new and cool in this DIY community.
Like many things these days, by the time we can buy it, it's already out of date & a new version exists.
Look at the Twinkies that have to have the absolute latest Apple iPhone and will pay obscene cash for it, only to see it 1/2 the price 6-9 months later.

diy solar

diy solar
Back