diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

Could I also use two of these cases, do a 2p8s configuration in each, then connect them in series with thick cables to get one 2p16s pack? Guess it would be a little awkward to connect the BMS cleanly, but doable right?

Those do not look like 280 ah cells to me.

In my quest for a 280 ah 8 s case, I found nothing. I saw a few cases advertised, but when I checked the battery dimensions, these would not fit.

I have two 8S batteries and they take up about 24 inches by 16 inches, the spec sheet would have exact dimensions. When I converted that to mm, the Ali products I found last year would not fit the batteries.

Edit: after reading, appears this case is 758 x 258 x 452 mm. Will this fit 16 of your cells? Also, whether that’s external or internal dimensions is unclear, and that makes a huge difference. If internal, I’m not sure if it’s useable to store batteries.

Last edited:
Those do not look like 280 ah cells to me.

In my quest for a 280 ah 8 s case, I found nothing. I saw a few cases advertised, but when I checked the battery dimensions, these would not fit.

I have two 8S batteries and they take up about 24 inches by 16 inches, the spec sheet would have exact dimensions. When I converted that to mm, the Ali products I found last year would not fit the batteries.

Edit: after reading, appears this case is 758 x 258 x 452 mm. Will this fit 16 of your cells? Also, whether that’s external or internal dimensions is unclear, and that makes a huge difference. If internal, I’m not sure if it’s useable to store batteries.
Yes 16 cells fit in there and they offer to customize it with the BMS of your choice (JKBMS among others). They can also do the entire build for you with the cells of your choice.

This manufacturer makes metal enclosures that could fit 32 cells for a 2p16s built, although you would have to add the terminals etc yourself:
Yantai Precision Machinery

They have 8S & 16S Boxes and can handle up to 320AH Cells without issues.
I have a pallet of the 24V/8S Cases customized for the New JKBMS Inverter models & large display.
Mine are coming with 250A Single Battery terminals (none of that double cable nonsense for me) & 200A DC Breakers.

1700653286995.png Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set/kit for 8S 4S2P 24V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set for 16S 48V 51.2V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan also sells Assembled 8S & 16S Packs and can do 304AH Boxes BUT THEY WEIGH A LOT !!!
People always seem to forget that detail and a 16S 280/304AH Pack 88kg/195lbs +/- a bit and many "Racks" will not take that weight...

They have 8S & 16S Boxes and can handle up to 320AH Cells without issues.
I have a pallet of the 24V/8S Cases customized for the New JKBMS Inverter models & large display.
Mine are coming with 250A Single Battery terminals (none of that double cable nonsense for me) & 200A DC Breakers.

View attachment 179167 Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set/kit for 8S 4S2P 24V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set for 16S 48V 51.2V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan also sells Assembled 8S & 16S Packs and can do 304AH Boxes BUT THEY WEIGH A LOT !!!
People always seem to forget that detail and a 16S 280/304AH Pack 88kg/195lbs +/- a bit and many "Racks" will not take that weight...
How many on a pallet? All for yourself?

many "Racks" will not take that weight...
Agreed. Most racks are built for 100 amps. These boxes will handle three plus times the power but are hefty. They are EXTREMELY well built!

Last edited:
I've been chatting with Amy about the 48V boxes for JK BMS with 4.3" displays.
I only have 4 batteries but she said I need to order 5 boxes if I want wheels on one of them.
So I asked her to quote 5.
The price seems good. I will have to trust my BMS to tell me what is going on in there. Probably can't do much work on them when they are stacked.

So, I got my quote from Amy for five 48V battery boxes with the 4.3" JK displays and JK on off switches. One box has wheels. $1727 including DDP shipping.
That is $345.40 each. They will be sitting in an air conditioned shed.

I had my Order Paused until next week actually. Partly as I was waiting for something in particular related to the new JKBMS Inverter Models, plus had my cases customized and added more to my order as well.. I think I'm up to 3 Pallets possibly 4 now... Now I am worried about "where" to put all of this stuff during assembly & commissioning...

Is the draw to these cases the BMS, the cell capacity, the build quality, or ?

I built my own, and this is much better than plywood. That covers the build. I would have rather gotten a box like this than source every single screw and drill my own busbars.

The other draw would be the quantity. No 8s 280 ah case was available when I looked two years ago.

I had my Order Paused until next week actually. Partly as I was waiting for something in particular related to the new JKBMS Inverter Models, plus had my cases customized and added more to my order as well.. I think I'm up to 3 Pallets possibly 4 now... Now I am worried about "where" to put all of this stuff during assembly & commissioning...
Steve, You and I have had a somewhat abrasive past. But I very much appreciate your effort.
I mentioned you and DIYsolarforum.com to Amy.
The latest JK BMS looks promising for communicating with the inverter. But I already have 5 of the older 200 Amp JKs with 2 Amp active balance.
Someday I will set up BMS to inverter communication. But that isn't very high on my list because these things work great as is.

I built my own, and this is much better than plywood. That covers the build. I would have rather gotten a box like this than source every single screw and drill my own busbars.

The other draw would be the quantity. No 8s 280 ah case was available when I looked two years ago.
I didn't want a case 2 or 3 years ago when I started buying everything to make batteries. I wanted to see everything and I wanted easy access to everything. But now, I am trying to free up space in my shed. And I want my wife and others to be more comfortable. My batteries will be safer.
I don't need to see everything any more. If I do have a problem the BMS will tell me and I will have to pull out the battery.
This is just another step in the never ending process of setting up my solar system.
I expect to buy more batteries. There is a very good chance I will buy them from Amy.

Here is what I plan to use to stack unstack my batteries.
1704286408669.png
Edit: I ended up buying the 1000# version because I will need to lift 2 batteries at once. I bought the 2 year extended warranty as well.

Last edited:
Are these cases really $100 each?

Attachments

• IMG_4373.png
    IMG_4373.png
    131 KB · Views: 38

My apologies. My meaning was, what’s the attraction to these vs seplos

My original "cases" are made with 3/4" Plywood & Optix Acrylic tops. These were "always" going to be temp until final decisions made. I made the choice to stay 24V and to complete my personal bank with 6x280AH. I have been running with 3x280, 2x175, 1x105. The 105 is going to Toolshed System, I gave the 2 175'swith a KIDD SCC, APC-3kw Inverter/Charger and a couple of Q-Cell 405's.

These new cases will take my existing 280's plus all the new 280's and simplify my life while providing a more "finished" end result...
My health is crap and failing fast, so I have to have things ready to sell and finished up. Several projects to do by the end of fall 24. Ironic the daughters don't want the house nor the battery business.... "too much work"...

It also should be pretty apparent, not as many companies have Steel Cases for 24V and high quality ones are even tougher.
Juts like PC Cases from days gone by, there are good one, bad ones and everything in between and of course various styles to suit needs/wants.

Back