diy solar

diy solar

Makes me want to buy more panels. US manufacturing process.

Agreed but what are you going to do?

What is the alternative?

If there was a plant that made Solar panels exclusively from US sourced materials I would buy them regardless of cost.
Not sure everyone would considering some of the comments I have seen on here.

In the end I agree but you still need the panels and if you buy anywhere else you are still paying china.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread I would rather support a company like Hanwha Q Cells that is actually investing hundreds of millions of dollars to build PV panels 100% from within North America. They even own their own mining company to mine the silicon within the USA already. Just because they do not have the entire system in place yet they are investing heavily in doing so in the not too distant future.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I would rather support a company like Hanwha Q Cells that is actually investing hundreds of millions of dollars to build PV panels 100% from within North America. They even own their own mining company to mine the silicon within the USA already. Just because they do not have the entire system in place yet they are investing heavily in doing so in the not too distant future.
Well I do have 36 Q cell 480w panels that I bought originally so I guess I did good.

Hopefully they get the entire operation up soon.

Perhaps when Hanwha starts makings cells these folks will switch to them for a supplier.

Perhaps when Hanwha starts makings cells these folks will switch to them for a supplier.
That's the entire problem though is how would someone know the difference when both companies would then be claiming "Made in America"?.

It sounded like by the end of 2024 Q Cells will have a lot more of the manufacturing in the USA. The encapsulate plant (the equivalent of Betterial that KB Solar is importing from China) is expected to be complete by middle of next year. They are also working on the construction of an industrial complex for the production of solar ingots, wafers, cells and modules in Bartow County and just picked the industrial contractor for that factory last month.

That's the entire problem though is how would someone know the difference when both companies would then be claiming "Made in America"?.

It sounded like by the end of 2024 Q Cells will have a lot more of the manufacturing in the USA. The encapsulate plant (the equivalent of Betterial that KB Solar is importing from China) is expected to be complete by middle of next year. They are also working on the construction of an industrial complex for the production of solar ingots, wafers, cells and modules in Bartow County and just picked the industrial contractor for that factory last month.
Don’t know the law but I assume you could get a group together and take them to court if the definition of Made in America is being violated.

The only way to fix it is to jump on companies with both feet that violate the standards.

Yes that includes Sol-Ark if they are violating what the standard says.

Maybe “missionsolar” in Texas?

If you listen to the Fox News interview below they freely admit the components are coming from China and "hoping that's one of the goals coming up" to shorten supply chain (inferring to make the components in the USA).

I think if they stated “made in the USA from domestic and imported parts” they would be OK. Surely they ran this by a lawyer. Certain words have meaning….codified in law, regulation (allegedly interpretations of law), and doctrine. And is this case, likely codified by percentages of parts and labor sourced from the US. But I’m no trade lawyer, but have stayed at a Holliday Inn or three.

I think if they stated “made in the USA from domestic and imported parts” they would be OK. Surely they ran this by a lawyer. Certain words have meaning….codified in law, regulation (allegedly interpretations of law), and doctrine. And is this case, likely codified by percentages of parts and labor sourced from the US. But I’m no trade lawyer, but have stayed at a Holliday Inn or three.
It's pretty clearly stated here: https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/complying-made-usa-standard

Back