diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

So I have been in communication with Megarevo via WhatsApp this past week. I think... I think we have a solution for the zero export to ct's. The following was done and I am curious if it works for others:
1. Firmware Version: 1.4.13.BO3D27_20230605.out / LNAV23_20230613.axf
2. Make sure the CT clamped on L1 grid before distro panel (just pick a wire) is the same 120V leg that L1 going into inverter is. Same for L2. The tell here is if your inverter current output is at 0.4A or higher. If its just 0.4A-0.7A and your load is considerably larger, you likely need to plug CT1 into port 2 and CT2 into 1.
3. Sys Setting > Work Mode > Peak Shift
4. Sys Setting > Bat Wake Up > Disabled
5. In your TOU settings
5a. Advanced Settings > TOU 1 > Time > 12am - 6am (change as required) SOC Target 95%
5b. Advanced Settings > TOU 1 > Grid Charge > Enabled
5c. Advanced Settings > TOU 1 > Time > 6:01am - 23:59pm (change as required) SOC Target 35%
5d. Advanced Settings > TOU 1 > Grid Charge > Disabled
6. Advanced Settings > Working Mode > SFC Selldis > Select

Attachments

• 20230716-RKLNA8K-Advanced-Setup.pdf
    542.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230716-RKLNA8k-Basic-Config.pdf
    348.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230716-Solarman-Readout.jpg
    20230716-Solarman-Readout.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230716-RKLNA8K-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    20230716-RKLNA8K-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Yesterday morning some other Megarevo personnel contacted me after I posted their Sales Director's claim that they would not honor the warranty if it was not a direct purchase from Megarevo. The new contact apologized for the misunderstanding and it appears that they will address the issue.

It seems that not everyone within Megarevo was aware of the zero export issue, as I had to explain that this is a widespread problem that has been amply discussed in this and other forums. The technician that originally contacted me texted me afterwards and again apologized for the delay as he had been out of the office last week.

Hopefully the issue will be addressed and if all goes well resolved -perhaps with the solution shared by AnbroEnergy-. I insist, other than this issue, I have only had good results with the Megarevo units. I would prefer a simpler and more amicable UI and a more functional app, but those are concerns that can be resolved with the new color touchscreen and using Solar Assistant as it continues to integrate Megarevos' programming into its code.

Well the TOU instructions above did not work as intended. It appeared to be functioning correctly for the first 12 hours but after that it started to randomly discharge all the energy from the batteries back to the grid even though the settings are selected as "grid sell > disabled" and "grid charge > disabled" during those time periods. Perhaps this product works well as a solar inverter but the concept of zero export to grid hasn't been solved yet.

Well the TOU instructions above did not work as intended. It appeared to be functioning correctly for the first 12 hours but after that it started to randomly discharge all the energy from the batteries back to the grid even though the settings are selected as "grid sell > disabled" and "grid charge > disabled" during those time periods. Perhaps this product works well as a solar inverter but the concept of zero export to grid hasn't been solved yet.
That has been my issue from the beginning.
ToU is _unusable_ imo since instead of just covering the load, the fans go to full speed and put as much as it can generate back into the grid.
And I have been unsuccessful communicating this to MR.

That has been my issue from the beginning.
ToU is _unusable_ imo since instead of just covering the load, the fans go to full speed and put as much as it can generate back into the grid.
And I have been unsuccessful communicating this to MR.
Megarevo tried to throw it back on me saying the reason the "zero export to grid" is because I likely installed it incorrectly. And that was the end. A warning to those who are thinking of purchasing their equipment or white labelled versions of their equipment.

In my case I was contacted by Megarevo's after sales service and in sum they apologized for the misunderstanding that occurred, and assured that they do support their products irrespective whether they were purchased directly from them or through a reseller. A technician worked remotely on the inverter I am testing and adjusted its parameters. At the present time I don't know in detail the changes that were made, but the inverter has gone from exporting an average of 1.5kwh to 65w and 95w in the past couple of days. It is too early to conclude that the issue has been mostly solved, I will update you all once at least a week has gone by. I understand the few watts that register as exported are negligible, as they could be the result of many other factors, including emf or CT's inaccuracies. I will share with you the solution and suggest the Megarevo technician take part in this post.

@potin
Fyi... SigSolar was having a hard time when MR & the Zero Export issues apparently
CTs towards the grid. Like the manual says.
I went to Megarevo in China to talk to the engineers about all the problems we still have with the inverters and found out that the inverter can’t Zero Export.
... They said they can’t guarantee that the inverter wouldn’t sell back to the grid. I have been working with Megarevo for over a year now and have gotten nowhere with this company. We have changed our manual and spec sheet online since then to state this inverter does not Zero Export. ...

Fyi...
Here's my dad's 8k setup/issue summary I helped him with (& SigSolar & this thread).
- John4178/Mpgrimm2 EG4 8Kv Setup Post here and Grid Charge Issue here.

And here's what appears to be our working setup using the Advanced ToU settings & fw v22 ...
- John4178/Mpgrimm2 EG4 8kv working Setup fix 7/3/23 post

...maybe it will help you out?

Last edited:
It seems Megarevo has mostly dealt with the Zero Export issue. After a week of running the inverter with Megarevo's parameters the export has reduced form 8.14kwh per week to 909.94wh this past week. Again, the inverter shows 0 export in its logs and the measurements were taken with a Shelly Pro3em connected on the grid lines outside of the 50a breaker on the line feeding the inverter. I am still not discounting the existence of some power being fed back, but some of these readings may be the result of stray current or other events that can hardly be controlled.

I can't believe this grid feed problem is still happening after all this time. I got my unit Dec 2022 and left off the guessing in this forum the end of March. I see SS/EG4 are hot on their new 18k, which leaves us further in the dust!
What I've done to curtail the grid backfeed is to install a 40 amp contactor controlled by either a Kasa smartswitch for manual or scheduled Grid charging. If the SOC goes below 23 percent, I use the generator start relay contacts to trip the contactor for 2 hours at a time. This way I'm not at the Grids mercy for sucking up all my stored energy. Been there, lost a lot!!

My latest problem is the BMS comm faults I get every couple days since I had to change from the CAN protocol to RS485 to my EG4LP batteries.
Anyone dealing with that?

I can't believe this grid feed problem is still happening after all this time. I got my unit Dec 2022 and left off the guessing in this forum the end of March. I see SS/EG4 are hot on their new 18k, which leaves us further in the dust!
What I've done to curtail the grid backfeed is to install a 40 amp contactor controlled by either a Kasa smartswitch for manual or scheduled Grid charging. If the SOC goes below 23 percent, I use the generator start relay contacts to trip the contactor for 2 hours at a time. This way I'm not at the Grids mercy for sucking up all my stored energy. Been there, lost a lot!!

My latest problem is the BMS comm faults I get every couple days since I had to change from the CAN protocol to RS485 to my EG4LP batteries.
Anyone dealing with that?

Dad's EG4 8k setup is on fw v22 which seems to be working fairly well now. No apparent issues with the 6x EG4 LifePower4 battery comms on our end (RS485 direct to 8k inverter... Haven't update battery fw yet).

See 2 posts above for our setup.

Dad's EG4 8k setup is on fw v22 which seems to be working fairly well now. No apparent issues with the 6x EG4 LifePower4 battery comms on our end (RS485 direct to 8k inverter... Haven't update battery fw yet).

See 2 posts above for our setup.
Thanks for responding MP.

How are your batteries and inverter addressed?

Mine are:
Inverter = id 1
EGLP4 batteries:
batt 1 =id 0 is connected to the inverter
batt 2 =id 4
batt 3 = id 5
batt 4 = id 6
batt 5 = id 7
batt 6 is an EG$LL ver2 and its comm is not connected.

Used to use the CAN protocol to the LL battery, but found wildly different SOC numbers on the other dissimilar batteries, so changed to RS485 and found strikingly similar SOC's.

Thanks for responding MP.

How are your batteries and inverter addressed?

Mine are:
Inverter = id 1
EGLP4 batteries:
batt 1 =id 0 is connected to the inverter
batt 2 =id 4
batt 3 = id 5
batt 4 = id 6
batt 5 = id 7
batt 6 is an EG$LL ver2 and its comm is not connected.

Used to use the CAN protocol to the LL battery, but found wildly different SOC numbers on the other dissimilar batteries, so changed to RS485 and found strikingly similar SOC's.

Similar....

EG4 8KLNA Inverter (fw v22) = id 1

EG4 LP4 batteries:
batt 1 = id 0 (connected to the inverter)
batt 2 = id 2
batt 3 = id 3
batt 4 = id 4
batt 5 = id 5
batt 6 = id 6

Not sure what version the batteries actually are ... or the current fw on them at the moment until I can get back over to parents house ( @John4178 ).

Similar....

EG4 8KLNA Inverter (fw v22) = id 1

EG4 LP4 batteries:
batt 1 = id 0 (connected to the inverter)
batt 2 = id 2
batt 3 = id 3
batt 4 = id 4
batt 5 = id 5
batt 6 = id 6

Not sure what version the batteries actually are ... or the current fw on them at the moment until I can get back over to parents house ( @John4178 ).
Thanks for the info. You are using a consecutive number scheme and I'm wondering if the gap in my id #s is seeing a delay of info from the batteries and inverter and causing the failures.
Going to adjust to 0-7 and see if there's improvement.

After 25 days running the 8K inverter with the settings made by Megarevo's technicians I can attest that the Zero Export function is working. The Solar Assistant app registered 21 out of 25 days with 0 export, and the remaining 4 days with barely 4watts of export power (2,1,1, and 1). During that same period, the Shelly Pro 3EM (with the ct's set closer to the meter) registered a total of 293.09 watts of exported power -with 8 days of 0 export-. Again, my impression is that the readings of the Shelly power meter, as weel as those few days registered by the inverter's ct's, are negligible and could be the result of emf or stray current.

In all, Megarevo did its part in addressing this issue and I am thankful for that as it has proven to be a good and reliable inverter.

After 25 days running the 8K inverter with the settings made by Megarevo's technicians I can attest that the Zero Export function is working. The Solar Assistant app registered 21 out of 25 days with 0 export, and the remaining 4 days with barely 4watts of export power (2,1,1, and 1). During that same period, the Shelly Pro 3EM (with the ct's set closer to the meter) registered a total of 293.09 watts of exported power -with 8 days of 0 export-. Again, my impression is that the readings of the Shelly power meter, as weel as those few days registered by the inverter's ct's, are negligible and could be the result of emf or stray current.

In all, Megarevo did its part in addressing this issue and I am thankful for that as it has proven to be a good and reliable inverter.
@potin Can you share what setting you eventually used for the zero export.

I have 2 of these inverters and can't seem to parallel them. Other than that, everything else works. Does anyone have any tips to paralleling them? my house keeps tripping a single inverter. Really need the 2 running in parallel. I'm also getting a no such file "arm-atollic-eabi-objdump.exe" system message overtime I try to update the firmware.

Last edited:
I have 2 of these inverters and can't seem to parallel them. Other than that, everything else works. Does anyone have any tips to paralleling them? my house keeps tripping a single inverter. Really need the 2 running in parallel. I'm also getting a no such file "arm-atollic-eabi-objdump.exe" system message overtime I try to update the firmware.
There was a bug in one version of the firmware that even when set to parallel, they still only maxed at 8k. I'm running the very first parallel firmware version that has other bugs, but has been rock solid for over a year. One day I plan to upgrade to the latest version.

There was a bug in one version of the firmware that even when set to parallel, they still only maxed at 8k. I'm running the very first parallel firmware version that has other bugs, but has been rock solid for over a year. One day I plan to upgrade to the latest version.

The version i tested with the broken parallel feature was the 12/12/2022 release. I keep going back to 8/3/2022 version.(Edit... v12)

@Markus_SignatureSolar ... any word on what FW's or if latest v22 or v23 fw will support parallel these 8k's together?
(I'm sure my dad will be looking to do so at some point)

Last edited:
Back