diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

For anyone that wants to try it out, this is the ac coupling firmware. I haven't gotten it to work yet, no voltage on the Generator terminals when I have that setup as the ac coupling input. Unfortunately there is nothing documented for ac coupling on the load1 output, I know the sol ark can do this it's just recommended to use the generator input so the inverter can track how much is being brought in via ac coupling another inverter.

Attachments

• Megarevo 6.21.zip
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 10
  • AC Couple说明书.pdf
    447.6 KB · Views: 15
There is a new firmware released for the EG4 8k inverter, the firmware will be released on the EG4 website soon for download but I have linked it below as well as the updated manual. The ZIP file contains the new firmware, software, and a change log. If you have any questions or concerns please email support@eg4electronics.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thread 'EG4 8k firmware update 09.19.23'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-8k-firmware-update-09-19-23.69518/

There is a new firmware released for the EG4 8k inverter, the firmware will be released on the EG4 website soon for download but I have linked it below as well as the updated manual. The ZIP file contains the new firmware, software, and a change log. If you have any questions or concerns please email support@eg4electronics.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thread 'EG4 8k firmware update 09.19.23'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-8k-firmware-update-09-19-23.69518/
Awesome, thank you for the update and new files! Looks like that version doesn't have the AC coupling yet. I haven't had success with the AC coupling version yet. Seems to shut down my grid tie inverter and not bring it back. But it could be some compatibility issue, who knows. I'm sure I'll get to troubleshooting that at some point.

It's actually a Tesla 7.6KW inverter. Odd choice but it happened to be what I had available that didn't require optimizers. This is the firmware I've got loaded right now for ac coupling: View attachment 168448
Can you select a grid profile with the Tesla or change your voltage span to be bigger as well as you frequency?

Help: If I don't want it to ever charge the batteries from the grid, what should I put in a 48V megarevo? ( set up)

thanks for the feedback.

No I haven't. I have net metering and I want it to feed back to the grid once my batteries are fully charged.
So I never played with those settings. But @cmack had the same issue like you: not wanting it to feed back and it did it anyway.
I have read more people with these issue's.
I really love my MR (I have 2) but the intermittent communication with MR support and no progress for a while now really disapoints me.
Since you have an EG4 branded MR, you should try leaning on EG more and try and get more/better support.
Afaik what you want: self supply mode without back feeding to the grid is *impossible* at the moment.
Help: If I don't want it to ever charge the batteries from the grid, what should I put in a 48V megarevo?

has “ToU Enable" menu (Time Of Use) with 6 Time Slots very similar to the Amensolar N3H-X8.0-US 8kw which has a very good "Advanced Settings Menu" section in their manual with good explanations. (Latest Eg4 8k v1.4.0-1 manual is similar now. Except below)
I tried to find the Amensolar manual, even using archive.org but was unable to find copy.
Are you able to share a copy with me ?
I am currently utterly frustrated to get my unit to work with ToU, see my attempt starting here:

Any suggestions appreciated.

I tried to find the Amensolar manual, even using archive.org but was unable to find copy.
I am currently utterly frustrated to get my unit to work with ToU, see my attempt starting here:

Sorry for the delay.... Covid has me laid up again. I will have to see if I kept a downloaded copy somewhere (not on my phone)

Here's the link to the Amensolar N3H-X8.0-US
Main Page and user manual

Here's the link to the Amensolar N3H-X8.0-US
Main Page and user manual
Main page:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Apache Server at www.amensolar.com Port 80

Same for the user manual

*WEIRD*
I just used a command line program to fetch it:
Code:
links https://www.amensolar.com/upload/down/1687166583264529.pdf
and that _did_ download the PDF.

It seems their IPV6 is not setup correctly and refuses on their webserver,
IPV4 (which links uses) works fine.

$ host www.amensolar.com
www.amensolar.com has address 104.21.12.64
www.amensolar.com has address 172.67.131.242
www.amensolar.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:3032::ac43:83f2
www.amensolar.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:3035::6815:c40

Sorry to have bothered you but I have it now!

Last edited:
Back