diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

Has MNS ever released a product that didnt function as advertised? What would be the risk?

I get the feeling those guys are amazing in the technical and engineering depts but not so much in sales and marketing.
The DIY series was just relabeled Chinese clones which in my opinion hurt their reputation.

Is it accurate that SRNE made those?
Based on this post, yes.
Was that fact or allegation what boosted SRNE’s reputation in this forum?
I'm not sure, I don't even remember how I came across them but I know I discovered they were making the DIY series for Midnite after the fact. That was a large deciding factor in my choice. My logic was if an established excellent company like Midnite is using them they can't be bad.
If so that was a win for SRNE but maybe not MS
Maybe it was, I'm sure it drew a much larger audience to the Midnite name and many of them purchased other components like SPDs, breakers, fuse holders, etc from Midnite to complete their builds.

If that gave Midnte bad marks in some peoples eyes, couldn't the One do the same thing?

Regardless Midnite is a solid company that's been around the block many times and I'm sure the One will be a great AIO when we see more reports of it in the wild. Based of many posts from Robin about the One the design and engineering was heavily influenced by Midnite engineers who have been in the inverter sector for a long long time.

Liniotech 15KVA

Oh so similar to "The One"

Manual:
"Handles Up to a 4,000W Imbalance for 30 Minutes: Provides flexibility in managing power loads, essential for emergency power supply and renewable energy projects."

By all accounts the Midnite aio does much better than that.

Liniotech 15KVA

Manual:
Someone here said the midnite breakers in the mnaio are worth about $1200 🤣 so price of $3900 checks out

Liniotech 15KVA

Manual:
A clone, one might say, minus the integrated breakers I guess.. Some parts of both manuals are identical, like exact photocopies

Last edited:
Did you see they are partnering with Home Depot for retail sales? Its at the link. It says 10 years warranty with a 5 written across it? I have a Home Depot credit card and they send me financing deals all the time. I have a Pro (contractor) account with them. That is very attractive. I have two HDs within an easy drive.

How does this work with Midnite? Did their deal go sideways? That would stink for them.

Did you see they are partnering with Home Depot for retail sales? Its at the link. It says 10 years warranty with a 5 written across it? I have a Home Depot credit card and they send me financing deals all the time. I have a Pro (contractor) account with them. That is very attractive. I have two HDs within an easy drive.

How does this work with Midnite? Did their deal go sideways? That would stink for them.
It may look like a midnight AIO but looks like worse surge capabilities than a Deye/solark 12k

It may look like a midnight AIO but looks like worse surge capabilities than a Deye/solark 12k
Where are you seeing the worse surge capability? I see 10,000 kw with 20,000VA surge for both, is there a statistic I'm missing?

Where are you seeing the worse surge capability? I see 10,000 kw with 20,000VA surge for both, is there a statistic I'm missing?
Both for one second?
“Peak Output Apparent Power(1s)”

Midnight list 13,000W(1S) per leg. Liniotech doesn’t include that in spec sheet that I see. Does say 4,000W imbalance for 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Both for one second?
“Peak Output Apparent Power(1s)”

Midnight list 13,000W(1S) per leg. Liniotech doesn’t include that in spec sheet that I see. Does say 4,000W imbalance for 30 minutes.
The question is 4000w from what base load? Problem is that Midnite does not list their imbalance load rating, they just say it kicks butt.
Let me know if I've got this all wrong:
If the inverter has a total 9kw load 4500w on L1 and 4500w on L2, and all of a sudden you turn on high draw appliance(S) say 4000w that is all on L2, that makes it 9500w on L2 with 4500w still on L1 that is a 4kw imbalance between both legs.
a.) Does this sound right?
b.) How does the Midnite unit differ?

Last edited:
What single phase load would be 4000 watts? Load imbalance is not a big deal. Move your loads around to bring the balance closer. I’ve seen an imbalance on three phase commercial buildings but not in a residential panel that couldn’t be solved by moving a couple of breakers.

What single phase load would be 4000 watts? Load imbalance is not a big deal. Move your loads around to bring the balance closer. I’ve seen an imbalance on three phase commercial buildings but not in a residential panel that couldn’t be solved by moving a couple of breakers.
Multiple appliance not properly balanced could theoretically cause that. But again. I understand all that, I was just trying to discern what mechanical and practial difference(breakers aside),that this linotech unit has from the midnite one.

Liniotech 15KVA

It is interesting that the Liniotech manual is dated Feb (v1) and Sep (v2) 2023. I wonder if Midnite used this as their base platform, made some changes, added breakers and put their name on it?

I think I recall someone, early in the thread, saying the manufacturer of The One also produced commercial equipment and do does Liniotech, according to it's website. The one interesting thing was their brand list...

Honestly this doesnt change my equation. The physical and software changes, additional breakers, US retailer and shipping, support from CC and a warranty from MNS are well worth the cost differential.

It is interesting that the Liniotech manual is dated Feb (v1) and Sep (v2) 2023. I wonder if Midnite used this as their base platform, made some changes, added breakers and put their name on it?

I think I recall someone, early in the thread, saying the manufacturer of The One also produced commercial equipment and do does Liniotech, according to it's website. The one interesting thing was their brand list...

Honestly this doesnt change my equation. The physical and software changes, additional breakers, US retailer and shipping, support from CC and a warranty from MNS are well worth the cost differential.
I think it was mentioned the factory for the aio also manufacturers things for Easton.

Not related to AIO but in regards Midnite support, I had an issue where my mngp2 control panel wouldn't see the Rosie, I gave Midnite a call and in less than a minute I was talking with one of their support guys and he's got a Rosie and MNGP2 right in front of him as we worked thru the problem. He ended up having to do some further research. Called back in less than 30 mins with the solution (jumper needed to be moved). World class imo.

I think it was mentioned the factory for the aio also manufacturers things for Easton.

Not related to AIO but in regards Midnite support, I had an issue where my mngp2 control panel wouldn't see the Rosie, I gave Midnite a call and in less than a minute I was talking with one of their support guys and he's got a Rosie and MNGP2 right in front of him as we worked thru the problem. He ended up having to do some further research. Called back in less than 30 mins with the solution (jumper needed to be moved). World class imo.

Similar experience,
I added a LiFePo4 DIY battery to a friends system. When I was changing the charging parameters on her Midnite Classic 150 the MNGP refused to accept my changes.
Called Midnite, speaking to a human in Washington state within minutes. Explained what was happening and the woman tech immediately knew the problem. Said I had to do an update to the CC and MNGP (2 separate updates). She was spot on, as soon as I updated the unit it worked. Something that could've been a serious headache turned out to be a relatively simple fix. Love Midnite Solar.

diy solar

diy solar
Back