diy solar

diy solar

Mini-Split Clearance

Does brand matter these days even when shaking down the road?
I want to build some type of vibration dampening similar to an onboard genny.
I'm not an RVer, is the mini split operating while the vehicle is moving or only when it's stopped for camping? If you think about the shock loading the thing had to endure being shipped by boat/truck/train/camel/forklift, I'd say riding on an RV might be the smoothest part of it's life. So as long as the thing isn't operating, I can't see how vibration would hurt it. If it needs to operate while being shaken, I think I'd call the manufacturer. It's possible it could damage or effect the operation of the compressor or any of the small springs in the system that control things like the TXV and the reversing valve. Electrical spring contacts might also open and close if you hit a really bad bump.

I have a 9,000BTU Senville in my cargo trailer - head is ~5.5ft from floor because it's only 6ft 4" to ceiling. Violating other on the head minimums due to the compact build - like vacuum right next to it (to the left), reducing clearance.
1701293146390.png

Also violating minimums with compressor on outside - only 3" from trailer wall and not always level as the tonque jack goes up/down and rough roads...
1701292896320.png

Works great for 3yrs and counting.... Maybe I'm loosing some % efficiency? but at a base level its meeting my needs very well. :)

Last edited:
Back