diy solar

diy solar

My 24v 24kw Blueprint

I run battleborn batteries. This information is supplied from battleborn.
User Settings
Update for Case SUP21927 - "New Inquiry Battleborn Batteries - 2022-01-06 14:50:02"

Good evening,

I listed the EPever settings below:

Battery Charging SettingUser 12 volt/ User24 volt 4-batteries
Also use 200 AH setting for 4 batteries at 24 volt
Over voltage disconnect voltage14.7V / 29.4
charging limit voltage14.6V/ 29.2
over voltage reconnect voltage14.6V/ 29.2
Equalize charging voltageOff or 14.4V/ Off or 28.4
Boost charging voltage14.4V / 28.4
Float charging voltage13.6V/ 27.2
Boost reconnect charging voltage13.3V/ 26.6
Low voltage reconnect voltage12.0V/ 24
Under volt. warning volt11.5v or Off/ 23
Low volt. disconnect volt.11.0v/ 22
Discharging limit voltage10.5 or Off/ 21 or off
Equalize duration (min)Off/ off
Boost Duration (min.) 30 minutes per 100Ah battery bank30/ 120
Hi GLC,

I'm looking at these settings on battle born website and seeing some difference below. Could you verify? Thanks!

1. Low Voltage Reconnect you wrote 12v/14v but on the website it shows 10v
2. Equalize Duration (min) you wrote off but on the website it shows 0
3. Boost Duration (min) you wrote 30/120 but on the website it shows 180min (for 12 v??)

Hi GLC,

I'm looking at these settings on battle born website and seeing some difference below. Could you verify? Thanks!

1. Low Voltage Reconnect you wrote 12v/14v but on the website it shows 10v
2. Equalize Duration (min) you wrote off but on the website it shows 0
3. Boost Duration (min) you wrote 30/120 but on the website it shows 180min (for 12 v??)
1.The 12/14 should read 12/24, also from web site-NOTE: Many chargers must detect a voltage over 10V to send a charge to the battery. Please be aware that some chargers may not sense a battery in low voltage disconnect and you may need to jump it with a 12V source to “wake up” the battery. You should jump your battery within 24hrs of entering low voltage disconnect otherwise you risk damaging your battery and voiding the warranty. 10 volts/20 volts in yours case is battery at 0%, 12 volts/24 volts is at 9%. Batteries will not wake up or take charge at 0%.
2. Yes, 0=off, you will not use this feature on LPO4 batteries
3. Absorption Time/Boost: 30 minutes per battery (for parallel string) 4 batteries = 120 minutes paralleled or in your case 2P/2S, it would be 60 minutes not 120 minutes.

3. Absorption Time/Boost: 30 minutes per battery (for parallel string) 4 batteries = 120 minutes paralleled or in your case 2P/2S, it would be 60 minutes not 120 minutes.
I'm glad I asked this question and yes my is 2P2S. Thanks!

1.The 12/14 should read 12/24, also from web site-NOTE: Many chargers must detect a voltage over 10V to send a charge to the battery. Please be aware that some chargers may not sense a battery in low voltage disconnect and you may need to jump it with a 12V source to “wake up” the battery. You should jump your battery within 24hrs of entering low voltage disconnect otherwise you risk damaging your battery and voiding the warranty. 10 volts/20 volts in yours case is battery at 0%, 12 volts/24 volts is at 9%. Batteries will not wake up or take charge at 0%.
2. Yes, 0=off, you will not use this feature on LPO4 batteries

Hi GLC,

Everything is ready to go. What will be the proper order to connect all of them together? From batteries, inverter, charger controller, to solar panels. Thanks!

Attachments

• 31645A78-3B4B-4571-AF8E-FB88AB77488D.jpeg
    31645A78-3B4B-4571-AF8E-FB88AB77488D.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 11
Wire batteries first to make 24 volts, 2S/2P. Then battery to solar controller next. The controller needs to read the voltage to set it on either 12 or 24 volts. It does it automatically. Your MT50 will confirm that it is at 24 volts. Then hook up the solar panels last. The inverter can be hooked up at the end or when your wire the batteries, no problem either way. Good Luck.

Hi GLC,

Everything is ready to go. What will be the proper order to connect all of them together? From batteries, inverter, charger controller, to solar panels. Thanks!
Just noticed your pic. If possible, you may want to look a changing your wiring from your inverter to your batteries. These wires need to be as short as possible and need to be pretty well direct from batteries to inverter with fuses and cut off switches allowed for. That is where the highest amp draw will happen. Also I noticed you have wiring junction boxes on both positive and negative cables between inverter and batteries. What are these boxes rated as far as amps. What is the breaker size between the inverter and batteries on the positive side? Do you have a breaker /cut off switch to your solar panel string? I did not see one. may be some more questions once you answer these.

Wire batteries first to make 24 volts, 2S/2P. Then battery to solar controller next. The controller needs to read the voltage to set it on either 12 or 24 volts. It does it automatically. Your MT50 will confirm that it is at 24 volts. Then hook up the solar panels last. The inverter can be hooked up at the end or when your wire the batteries, no problem either way. Good Luck.
Yesterday it was finally charging but right now 9am in Los Angeles with sun out it’s not charging at all. The lights on the controller are off and the MT-50 remote is off too. Last night even after 5pm when there was no sunlight still a little bit of charge coming in. Do you know what’s wrong? Is there something to kickstart the controller? Thanks!

Yesterday it was finally charging but right now 9am in Los Angeles with sun out it’s not charging at all. The lights on the controller are off and the MT-50 remote is off too. Last night even after 5pm when there was no sunlight still a little bit of charge coming in. Do you know what’s wrong? Is there something to kickstart the controller? Thanks!
Is it possible that your battery is full?

If it started charging but then stopped it tells me that your wiring was correct. First do you have an amp/voltage meter? If so check the volts on the two wires coming from your batteries to your inverter. Are they reading 24 volts? If so we know that you have enough power to kick start your controller. The controller has to sense voltage first before it turns on. Find the two connections on your controller that goes to your batteries. I believe that they may have a miniature battery pic on them. Use your volt meter to see if if you have 24 volts at the controller from your batteries. If not, keep tracing your wiring to see where you have lost power in-between your batteries and your controller. Your MT50 will fire and lights will come on when it receives power from your batteries. By the way, turn your panels off until you get the power issue figured out. Check all your connections, breakers and fuses to see where you may have lost power in-between your batteries and your controller.

Actually i drained the battery last night after watching Will’s video to zero set the battery monitor. Maybe i drained ithem too much because the inverter is not turning on as well. Any way to fix? Or any way to jump start the system? Because yesterday after i’d wired everything the controller was lighting up as well. When i was using a multimeter to check the wiring and there was a spark and suddenly the system came alive. Is this normal or im doing something wrong?

No, full batteries does not kill the system. Controller lights and your MT50 will continue to register even when your batteries are full. You will be able to check your battery condition, solar output, etc. when the MT50 fires up.

Actually i drained the battery last night after watching Will’s video to zero set the battery monitor. Maybe i drained ithem too much because the inverter is not turning on as well. Any way to fix? Or any way to jump start the system? Because yesterday after i’d wired everything the controller was lighting up as well. When i was using a multimeter to check the wiring and there was a spark and suddenly the system came alive. Is this normal or im doing something wrong?
If your batteries are low or dead at 20 volts, it will not fire the controller. Are you saying the system is alive now or still dead?

Have you put a volt meter on the battery wires coming from the battery to the inverter? What voltage is it reading?

If your batteries are low or dead at 20 volts, it will not fire the controller. Are you saying the system is alive now or still dead?
I think I screwed up. I just checked the voltage of my 4 battle borns. Each has a different voltages. They are from about 7, 8, 11 and 12 vol. what to do now?

I think I screwed up. I just checked the voltage of my 4 battle borns. Each has a different voltages. They are from about 7, 8, 11 and 12 vol. what to do now?
Do you have a small 12 volt battery charger? If so disconnect your batteries and one by one charge them to 11 to 12 volts. Try to get them as close as possible the same. Once you do this, reconnect you batteries 2S/2P in the 24 volt fashion and fire up your controller. You still may have a balanced issue but we can talk about that later but this will energize your controller. This will energize your controller and you will be able to see MT50 turn on and lights will fire on the Controller.

Do you have a small 12 volt battery charger? If so disconnect your batteries and one by one charge them to 11 to 12 volts. Try to get them as close as possible the same. Once you do this, reconnect you batteries 2S/2P in the 24 volt fashion and fire up your controller. You still may have a balanced issue but we can talk about that later but this will energize your controller. This will energize your controller and you will be able to see MT50 turn on and lights will fire on the Controller.
I don’t have a 12volt battery charger. Is there other ways or i need to order one?

Back