diy solar

diy solar

My bad experience with Shenzhen Xuba Electronic Trading Co., Ltd. (SZXUBA)

Sheergium

Dear forum

I ordered 34 EVE LF280K from Shenzhen Xuba Electronic Trading Co., Ltd. (SZXUBA) and would like to report about my bad experience.

1. GLS routed one box with 4 cells incorrectly and delivered it to somewhere else. This is not SZXUBA's fault, but they do more or less exactly nothing to resolve this issue - for 4 weeks now. I am constantly beeing stalled with "we're clarifying with the transportation company"... Even if GLS states clearly that there is nearly no chance to get the missing box back, they don't want to provide a real resolution.

2. It was agreed that cells with production after June 2022 get delivered. All 30 cells I received are from 2021. Resolution: None, production date is a minor matter in their point of view.

3. It was agreed that cells get delivered with genuine EVE double terminals as specified in EVE's data sheet. What I got is poorly made imitations with different measurements and non-smooth surface with bad contact:
1676575966760.png
Resolution: None

4. Seller should deliver epoxy sheets for isolation between cells. Delivered was nothing. Resolution: Refund offer after eternal back and forth of 0.5$ per sheet

...is it understandable that I don't recommend this seller?

Very understandable and reasonable!

Thank you for the attention to detail, and thorough review of your experience thus far. I’ll be watching this thread for any updates, but doubt they can sufficiently improve their image given so many competitors.

Do you mind talking price? Their walking back a measly $17 after attempting to defraud you of what’s demonstrable (epoxy liners) says a lot.

Can we see the whole top side of the battery and the QR code?
Did you use LiFePO4 QR code reader to see what it shows as?
This is EVE cell from USA seller looks like:

Dear forum

I ordered 34 EVE LF280K from Shenzhen Xuba Electronic Trading Co., Ltd. (SZXUBA) and would like to report about my bad experience.

1. GLS routed one box with 4 cells incorrectly and delivered it to somewhere else. This is not SZXUBA's fault, but they do more or less exactly nothing to resolve this issue - for 4 weeks now. I am constantly beeing stalled with "we're clarifying with the transportation company"... Even if GLS states clearly that there is nearly no chance to get the missing box back, they don't want to provide a real resolution.

2. It was agreed that cells with production after June 2022 get delivered. All 30 cells I received are from 2021. Resolution: None, production date is a minor matter in their point of view.

3. It was agreed that cells get delivered with genuine EVE double terminals as specified in EVE's data sheet. What I got is poorly made imitations with different measurements and non-smooth surface with bad contact:
View attachment 135147
Resolution: None

4. Seller should deliver epoxy sheets for isolation between cells. Delivered was nothing. Resolution: Refund offer after eternal back and forth of 0.5$ per sheet

OMG...

XUBA...

I thought they were dead! What a zombie company!

also.... LOL :ROFLMAO: at those terminals, I'm sorry...??

XUBA is the OG scammer company, the one that started it all, I bought 8 cells form them back in the day and 2/8 were POS.

Good luck hopefully you can get your funds back.

Last edited:

Bud they are selling OLD LF280K stock from before the B got put on the QR code.

Bud they are selling OLD LF280K stock from before the B got put on the QR code.
That's exactly the case. To be honest I was wondering during negotiations how they can deliver cells without B mark produced after June 2022. Actually I expected to get cells with faked QR codes.

That's the point where I should have canelled the negotiations but it was the only dealer who offered (supposedly) terminals with larger contact area than the others.

Do you mind talking price? Their walking back a measly $17 after attempting to defraud you of what’s demonstrable (epoxy liners) says a lot.

I paid 4395$ for the 34 cells (incl. the terminals, screws, bus bars and the undelivered isolation sheets) + trade assurance/payment fee. I.e. ~130 per cell.

I requested a refund of 20% for the deviation between the agreed and actual production date and lowered my offer to 15%. Do you think this inappropriate?

Yes, of course:
1676625311187.png

QR code in detail:
1676625366366.png

And yes, of course I scanned the cells with a QR code scanner. They're all from Dec 2021. At least it looks like it's genuine EVE LF280K cells.

Capacity testing with validated tester is ongoing, it looks like all cells have lost some Ah during the ~14 months they're on earth.

Short update: >3 months later I got 4 replacement cells for the ones that disappeard. Now they deliver cells with faked QR codes, examples:

04 cell 4 (Groß).png

05 cell 3 without cover (Groß).png

They claim it's original from EVE factory... Further: Capacity of 2 of the 4 cells is way lower than 280Ah.

It really sucks with Xuba... Hands off from them!

(Since dispute is still open I still have to be cautious with some details.)

This is basically a comedy show at this point, what is 10/10 alibaba sellers exposed as scammers (except luyuan)?

What really disappoints me is Alibaba's behavior - Trade Assurance is nothing but a joke and the dispute seems to come to an end without any help...

Me:
I can only repeat myself: 1) We clearly agreed on original EVE cells with unimpaired QR codes. You're delivering something with obviuously ground/sanded down and newly lasered QR codes (and are now providing some worthless guarantees as a substitute instead of complying with the contract). 2) I am not complaining here about capacity (apart of that your "voltage > 3.2V == capacity > 280Ah" argument is completely ridiculous), don't know why you're continuously talking about this sideshow. [...]

They:
The seller cited the battery charge of the replacement battery passed. We need you to show evidence of insufficient battery power. Thank you for your understanding~ Best Regards, Jon Alibaba Trade Dispute Mediation Department

Me:
Dear Jon, are you kidding me? Did you read even a single word of my complaint from 2023-06-06 and had a look at the photos? You can't be serious about your reaction, Alibaba's Trade Assurance degenerates so to the complete mockery. Once again: I am complaining about the counterfeit identification marks (QR codes) on the cells which is clearly not what we agreed on. Why are you waffling continuously about power or capacity!??? I'm starting to feel as screwed by you as I do by the seller.

They:
After reviewing the item, our team has confirmed that it is not counterfeit, and the brand is a private label owned by the seller. [...] If you agree to this proposal, please reply "yes" on the dispute page. If you are not to accept the plan, we are afraid that we have to close the case within one business day. Thank you for your understanding~ Best Regards, Jon Alibaba Trade Dispute Mediation Department

Guys, keep your hands off the China scammers!

What really disappoints me is Alibaba's behavior - Trade Assurance is nothing but a joke and the dispute seems to come to an end without any help...

Me:

They:

Me:

They:

Guys, keep your hands off the China scammers!
if you paid by creditcard or paypal, contact them, get you money back that way ..
i am sure once the money is gone, they will resolve your issue real fast

So sad, yes file a dispute, however, if your payment vendor requires you to ship the items back for a refund then you are stuck as well.

But posts like this are informing the whole community of what had been happening for years, they were always grade B unless they came with a test report.

Yes the price different sucks, but at least now you know the real situation.

Eve put a wrench in the gears of these companies when the b labeling was started so now they are playing games basically you either get the factory test reports or cells with the b labeling on them anything else is probably a scam

Back