diy solar

diy solar

Need help selecting a 48V AIO

beckkl

Hi, I was hoping someone could provide some input on selecting a 48V all in one. I have an off-grid property currently running on 12V, and just finished building a 48V seplos battery. My power needs are minimal, but capacity is a big deal as I don't have a lot of PV. I need to run my camper AC occasionally, and also have a 120V shallow well pump. Currently both of these run fine from my 2300W inverter generator, but I do need the surge capacity (3000W) sometimes with the shallow well pump. When it runs initially, I also need to ensure that there are no other loads on the generator. Even then sometimes it trips.

Anyway, I was looking at the Eg4 3000 ehv-48, as it has a 5s 6000W surge, which I think would help. However, I'm still wondering if that is overkill. I don't anticipate ever running the AC off the inverter, so unless the pump is running, I could get away with a much smaller inverter.

I also was looking at growatt models but it seems like EG4 has sort of taken the lead.

Anyway, I was looking at the Eg4 3000 ehv-48, as it has a 5s 6000W surge, which I think would help. However, I'm still wondering if that is overkill. I don't anticipate ever running the AC off the inverter, so unless the pump is running, I could get away with a much smaller inverter.
In Rush on pump motors can be very high, it seems best to measure it - with a meter with this feature. If the EG4 3000 has the 6kW surge you noted this would seem adequate for that pump. A test could confirm it for you prior to purchase. I can't think of a 'much smaller inverter' that will start a typical well pump. My own system (when I had just one Inverter) started the well pump without any issue at all, but this is 6kW inverter.

In Rush on pump motors can be very high, it seems best to measure it - with a meter with this feature. If the EG4 3000 has the 6kW surge you noted this would seem adequate for that pump. A test could confirm it for you prior to purchase. I can't think of a 'much smaller inverter' that will start a typical well pump. My own system (when I had just one Inverter) started the well pump without any issue at all, but this is 6kW inverter.
Thanks. Well, I do know the surge on my generator is 3kW (2.3kW running), and it just gets the thing going. Sometimes thought it will trip the breaker and I have to reset it and try again. But it has always gotten it going eventually.

The EG4 seems like it should handle it provided the specs are real. If I remember Will tested it and it met the specs. Thanks.

Back