diy solar

diy solar

New Toys Arrived - ZKE-40 Tester & Sun Fun Kits EVE LF304 cells.

here you go

verified automotive grade :

verified storage grade :

their 304 cells are out of stock.
shipping is 0 for me as they are local

you have been had my friend, or dare i say "sfk'ed"

Last edited:
What a chore this test was, basically set aside the whole day to test a cell!

After 15 or so hours, I was able to charge, discharge and then charge back to like 90AH, so now I need to try to get it back to around the 150 total mark..

My test said 314.40 AH and Energy is 1015.72

The label on the cell said 319.3759

So about 5AH less.

I'm reading the reviews they have on the LF304 and looks like others are saying the same thing average 4-5 AH less than the label. So I"m guessing this is normal? I will call them and see what I find.

Still well above 304 AH.
Assuming the cells are advertised by amp hours then you test amp hours.
IMHO advising you to test watt hours is sophistry.

Well let me see what I find looks like the 2nd cell is almost done testing.

They told me that the AH is at a certain nominal voltage of 3.2. I watched this video:

However, we are talking about 3-4 AH, not sure how houseofancients claims I have been had? BTW you said 150 shipped euro for 304, the link you sent me is for 280 cells and that is 176 euro / cell and is out of stock.

If all I wanted was the 280K its 663 shipped from https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/eve-lf280k

but the 280K only tests around 278-280 max so for higher capacities the 304 is nice and around the same size.

I have no interest in buying grade B so that is irrelevant to me regardless of the price.

Last edited:
Well let me see what I find looks like the 2nd cell is almost done testing.

They told me that the AH is at a certain nominal voltage of 3.2. I watched this video:

However, we are talking about 3-4 AH, not sure how houseofancients claims I have been had? BTW you said 150 shipped euro for 304, the link you sent me is for 304 cells and that is 176 euro / cell and is out of stock.

If all I wanted was the 280K its 663 shipped from https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/eve-lf280k

but the 280K only tests around 278-280 max so for higher capacities the 304 is nice and around the same size.

I have no interest in buying grade B so that is irrelevant to me regardless of the price.
your missing the point, the first link was for verified automotive grade EVE 280k cells, including EU taxes and 21% vat , which comes to 179 euro..
you paid 220 usd per cell with significantly less taxes .

i restate my opinion : you have been had ( or rather sfk'ed

There is NO SUCH THING AS an Automotive 280K cell, House knows better but chooses to troll:

PAGE 4 Certification Test: "Lithium Ion battery for electrical energy storage"

As for the 280k Grade A, the ones NKON sell test the same way as another 280K with test report:

279.95 AH

People with grade B Nkon cells are getting 265 AH.

Here are some other sellers all with the manufacturer test report:
My Results 278.4 & 901.4 WH, Luyuan Test Report said I should be getting 289.4 AH on these Matched & Batched Cells Genuine grade A:
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/what-is-going-on-here-just-got-zke-40.49076/

shane_Uk with Luyuan Genuine matched & batch results 276 AH vs the 289 Ah on the sheet; did not show WH, but I suspect it would probably be around 900 or more:
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/opinions-welcome-for-newbie-lifepo4-battery.47310/

18650batterystore.com grade A results, a person named Dena M. Says 277.7 AH (did not show WH, but again I suspect it would be around 900ish maybe 901):
https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/eve-lf280k#looxReviews

Fogstar UK grade A EVE 280, Cajocars gets 280.5 AH & 907.5 WH EVE stated Capacity was supposed to be 293.9 AH…, but still first person with a 280K to actually break the 280 barrier…but just barely
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/just-bought-16-280ah-a-grade-from-fogstar.51027/page-3#post-662021

So anyone that is saying they have the Magic 280k, don't believe it, something is GOING on with this cell and EVE refuses to acknowledge it.

On a side note: Sun fun kits threads always turn to a :poop: show, so just post your results and move on; many vendors coming online, we have more choices than ever now its not like the yee old days when ali express was the only game in town.

There is NO SUCH THING AS an Automotive 280K cell, House knows better but chooses to troll:

PAGE 4 Certification Test: "Lithium Ion battery for electrical energy storage"

As for the 280k Grade A, the ones NKON sell test the same way as another 280K with test report:

279.95 AH

People with grade B Nkon cells are getting 265 AH.

Here are some other sellers all with the manufacturer test report:
My Results 278.4 & 901.4 WH, Luyuan Test Report said I should be getting 289.4 AH on these Matched & Batched Cells Genuine grade A:
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/what-is-going-on-here-just-got-zke-40.49076/

shane_Uk with Luyuan Genuine matched & batch results 276 AH vs the 289 Ah on the sheet; did not show WH, but I suspect it would probably be around 900 or more:
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/opinions-welcome-for-newbie-lifepo4-battery.47310/

18650batterystore.com grade A results, a person named Dena M. Says 277.7 AH (did not show WH, but again I suspect it would be around 900ish maybe 901):
https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/eve-lf280k#looxReviews

Fogstar UK grade A EVE 280, Cajocars gets 280.5 AH & 907.5 WH EVE stated Capacity was supposed to be 293.9 AH…, but still first person with a 280K to actually break the 280 barrier…but just barely
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/just-bought-16-280ah-a-grade-from-fogstar.51027/page-3#post-662021

So anyone that is saying they have the Magic 280k, don't believe it, something is GOING on with this cell and EVE refuses to acknowledge it.
again, taking my words out of context alkaline..
i dont suggest ANYONE to get 280k's ..
full stop

but all this nonesemse sfk's is spuwing , and using that nonesense is disgusting at minimum.

OP overpaid in USD a minimum of 50, not even for EVE cells, but for the cheaper REPT , on believe the bullcrap he has been fed

I’ve never picked up cells from SFK but This is why I don’t bother testing my cells, just keep an eye on voltages and AH tracking of usage.

Complaining about 5ah here or 5ah there doesnt change my purchase or how my system runs, it’s just a number that can be swayed good or bad depending on the test set up and parameters.

For anyone that cares or doesn't have an axe to grind, I did the 2nd cell:

316.70 AH and Energy 1026.63

Label on the cell said 320.2583 AH

This test I used there settings of 30 amp test, it is closer to the label than the 40 amp.

They also said to divide the energy by 3.2 so 1026.63 / 3.2 and we have 320.821875 AH :love: above the label actually.

I'M FINE WITH THIS, haters can hate ? These cells are excellent IMO and if you test how SFK is saying it matches their label too.

Waiting on the Kits to arrive I will build 2 when they arrive to go along with the 3.5 kit I have with the 280K cells.

Attachments

• 320.png
    320.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 320-sfk.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 0
  • cell-2.jpg
    cell-2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 6
Glad to hear it's working out for you. If you're happy that's all that matters.
I'll stick with my LF230 unofficial grade ABC (already been cycled) cells at ~ 1/2 the cost per wh.
I've read / watched to much malarkey about SFK to have any confidence in them. Maybe they could pair up with another highly discussed vendor here and.... Happy Friday!

I'M FINE WITH THIS, haters can hate ? These cells are excellent IMO and if you test how SFK is saying it matches their label too.

There's a difference between what you call 'haters' and people with experience giving feedback on what they deem are issues with testing and claims from vendors...

There's a difference between what you call 'haters' and people with experience giving feedback on what they deem are issues with testing and claims from vendors...

Are you implying the information on these labels is not provided by EVE but rather sfk has made it up? Or are you saying you are not agreeing with EVE themselves for making these claims. In other words whose claims are we talking about here?

I can not agree with your assessment on experience, I think you are viewing post count as experience, where as I tend to see this as the loudest voices in the echo chamber...

Are you implying the information on these labels is not provided by EVE but rather sfk has made it up? Or are you saying you are not agreeing with EVE themselves for making these claims. In other words whose claims are we talking about here?

I can not agree with your assessment on experience, I think you are viewing post count as experience, where as I tend to see this as the loudest voices in the echo chamber...

I think it's no secret that I don't agree with SFK's assessment on determining capacity the way they measure it. The sole reason to use Ah is because it takes losses in transmission/connections/etc. out of the equation when doing a capacity test. I've done an extreme example of this here:

Therefor, if a cell is specified at 280Ah, and you measure the Ah (and remember, no losses to be accounted for) from 3.65V to 2.5V (with separate leads to measure the voltage) you should measure these 280Ah. Not by magically measuring the Wh rating (with losses not accounted for) and dividing it with the nominal cell voltage to somehow get a higher Ah reading than the direct Ah read-out...

I also think most of us know that EVE had a bad batch (or whatever we can speculate) of the 280k cell version (which, by the way I also run and am happy with). None the less, this deserves being called out: we get lots of posts here and on other platforms of people not seeing the results they expect. I don't care who puts the label on the cell, be it SFK, be it EVE (which I don't trust either, considering they don't care about small players and don't even know how to pack cells properly).

I trust a vendor/reseller/manufacturer/etc. until I don't; I'm more than willing to help people out, including said vendor/reseller/manufacturer/etc. In the mean time though, post count be damned, if something is not right, I, and others, will point this out in any thread where the topic pops up. That's where the value of this forum comes from. I, and others here, were among the first to buy these type of cells from (sometimes shady) vendors on Alibaba and other places. We pointed others here to the ones we liked, and the ones they should avoid. Don't underestimate or disregard the combined knowledge of people on this forum, all from people who don't have any skin in the game so to speak.

Then by you assessment there is no difference between a 100AH 12v battery and a 100AH 24v because they are both 100AH?

Either voltage matters or it does not.

If it matters between 24v and 12v then matters between 3.2 and 3.24 (according to my 2nd cell test) very small but so where the difference between 316 and 320.

I'm really stunned at the responses I got to my thread, really, I spent all the money for a tester and everything... yeah totally not what I expected... Never have I seen anything like this. Wow....

I think what you are missing is SFK does not have a good reputation because they have threatened reviewers who didn't show their cells matched their marketing statements.

Then by you assessment there is no difference between a 100AH 12v battery and a 100AH 24v because they are both 100AH?

Either voltage matters or it does not.

If it matters between 24v and 12v then matters between 3.2 and 3.24 (according to my 2nd cell test) very small but so where the difference between 316 and 320.

No, there isn't for the purpose of capacity testing. If a 1000V battery says on the label it's 10Ah, I should be able to take a tester and verify the 10Ah. That's how batteries are specified, precisely because it takes all the losses of measuring Wh out of the equation.

I'm really stunned at the responses I got to my thread, really, I spent all the money for a tester and everything... yeah totally not what I expected... Never have I seen anything like this. Wow....

You mean people who care, want to know the details, and speak from experience? This is not a forum where people will just pat you on the shoulder right or wrong. Many of us are engineers, and want to see the proof in the pudding. Sometimes it might seem these discussions are rough and impolite, but I assure you this is not the case: all we really care about (except in the chit-chat forum) are the facts.

Back